Dropping in for a line...

Roger Buchanan

Guest
Just thought I'd say "Hi".

After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.

After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could think
of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".

Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
ever do <grin>.

Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on the
road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...

So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.

Good ridin' to ya!
--
NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM" from my "Reply To:" address, or it will
be returned.

- Rog

"Roger Buchanan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just thought I'd say "Hi".
>
> After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
>
> After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
> think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
>
> Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
> concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
> ever do <grin>.
>
> Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
> the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
>
> So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
>
> Good ridin' to ya!

Rog! Good to see you again online. Jimbo gave us all an update a little while ago and I'm glad to
hear that things are looking up.

Gary in VA

Roger Buchanan <[email protected]> wrote

> Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds,

Weight weenie ;-).

> now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...

Rock on, Rog. Send us a RR when you get a chance.

CC

Roger Buchanan wrote:
> Just thought I'd say "Hi".
>
> After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike,

sweetness

> but only on the road so far.

Ride with pride, Bro'. (even if you are a rodie freak ;-)

> Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
> concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
> ever do <grin>.

very cool.

> Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds,

WOW!

> So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life.

So, you been fishing recently?

I laid into a Pike that I fought for 20 minutes before my line snapped

> Good ridin' to ya!

Aye!

On Sun, 11 May 2003 09:26:18 -0500, Roger Buchanan wrote:

> So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.

Good to hear from you. We were just glad to hear you were OK.

ClydesdaleMTB says:

>I laid into a Pike that I fought for 20 minutes before my line snapped

Don't you be blaming the line, now, John...........

Roger Buchanan <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Just thought I'd say "Hi".
>
> After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
>
> After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
> think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
>
> Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
> concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
> ever do <grin>.
>
> Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
> the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
>
> So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
>
> Good ridin' to ya!

It's great to hear from you Rog. I'm glad you are doing well and are even back on the bike.
That rocks.

JD

Roger Buchanan <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just thought I'd say "Hi".
>
> After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
>
> After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
> think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
>
> Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
> concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
> ever do <grin>.
>
> Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
> the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
>
> So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
>
> Good ridin' to ya!

Whoooo-hooooo! The Rogster is back! Great to hear from you Rog, even greater hearing that you're
doing good and planning on hitting the dirt again!

Shaun aRe - You had some of us quite 'sceeret' for a while ya'know ',;~}~

P.s. - You owe us many RR's.

Roger Buchanan wrote:
> Just thought I'd say "Hi".
>
> After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
>
> After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
> think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
>
> Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
> concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
> ever do <grin>.
>
> Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
> the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
>
> So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
>
> Good ridin' to ya!

Good to hear from you, Rog.

Kathleen

Roger Buchanan <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Just thought I'd say "Hi".
>
> After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
>
> After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
> think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
>
> Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
> concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
> ever do <grin>.
>
> Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
> the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
>
> So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
>
> Good ridin' to ya!

Damn glad to hear from you, Rog! I was absent from the group and while and game back to find you
gone! The place isn't the same without you.

Glad to hear you're doing better and its great to hear about your weight loss!

Ride on!

tom

"Roger Buchanan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just thought I'd say "Hi".
>
> After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
>
> After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
> think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
>
> Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
> concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
> ever do <grin>.
>
> Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
> the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
>
> So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
>
> Good ridin' to ya!

Welcome back, Rog. Its good to hear from you my friend.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

"Roger Buchanan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just thought I'd say "Hi".
>
> After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
>
> After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
> think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
>
> Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
> concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
> ever do <grin>.
>
> Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
> the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
>
> So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
>
> Good ridin' to ya!

Wow, glad to hear you're OK! I've been away myself on a little sick leave and didn't realize what
had happened to you. You're on the road to what sounds like an amazing recovery. A 100 pounds,
that's incredible! I bet you enjoy your bike even more now, I sure did.

Shaun "Do the Dew" Bell

Roger Buchanan wrote:

> Just thought I'd say "Hi".
>
> After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
>
> After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
> think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
>

> So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
>
> Good ridin' to ya!
> --
> NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM" from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be
> returned.
>
> - Rog

Hey Rog! Good to see you around!!!! Glad to know you are doing well! I hope you stop in with a RR
report or 2... or 3 or...

Jimbo(san)

"Roger Buchanan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just thought I'd say "Hi".
>
> After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
>
> After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
> think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
>
> Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
> concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
> ever do <grin>.
>
> Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
> the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
>
> So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
>
> Good ridin' to ya!
> --
> NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM" from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be
> returned.
>
> - Rog

That's great Rog, welcome back! Keep up the good work. Just remember all the disparaging comments we
make about roadie scum are just about all the other roadies!

Matt

Roger Buchanan <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Just thought I'd say "Hi".
>
> After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
>
> After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
> think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
>
> Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
> concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
> ever do <grin>.
>
> Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
> the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
>
> So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
>
> Good ridin' to ya!

Thanks for checking in and giving us the good report. Don't be a stranger, even if you can't claim
to be mistaken for the Michelin Man anymore! Does a heart good to hear from ya..

Paladin

> Just thought I'd say "Hi".
>
> After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
>
> After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
> think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
>
> Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
> concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
> ever do <grin>.
>
> Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
> the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
>
> So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
>
> Good ridin' to ya!

Curious, this entire thread just showed up. one minute it does not exist, the next, it's a whole
thread of replies.

Sometimes i almost think news servers have a personality.

But anyway, it's good to hear from you. I'd have to agree with some others that mentioned it, AM-B
just seems to be lacking something with you gone.
--
~Travis

[email protected] says...
> Roger Buchanan <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Just thought I'd say "Hi".
> >
> > After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
> >
> > After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
> > think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
> >
> > Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
> > concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that
> > I ever do <grin>.
> >
> > Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
> > the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
> >
> > So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
> >
> > Good ridin' to ya!
>
> Hey Rog, Great to hear from you, our great Canuckian buddha! Fixed road bikes are a great way to
> get fit quickly, smoothly, and cheaply. And they're endorsed by Sheldon and Corvus.
>
> supabonbon nee elgordo

I know who Sheldon is, but who is Corvus? ;-)
--
~Travis

"Roger Buchanan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just thought I'd say "Hi".
>
> After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
>
> After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
> think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
>
> Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
> concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
> ever do <grin>.
>
> Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
> the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
>
> So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
>
> Good ridin' to ya!
> --
> NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM" from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be
> returned.
>
> - Rog

Glad to hear from you, Rog, and nice to know you're still cranking along! 100 pounds gone, huh?
You're going to have to join the skinny guy club soon ;)

keep on keepin' on!

Jon Bond CEO and President

On 5/13/03 3:17 AM, in article [email protected], "Jon Bond"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Roger Buchanan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Just thought I'd say "Hi".
>>
>> After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
>>
>> After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
>> think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
>>
>> Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
>> concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that
>> I ever do <grin>.
>>
>> Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
>> the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
>>
>> So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
>>
>> Good ridin' to ya!
>> --
>> NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM" from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be
>> returned.
>>
>> - Rog
>
> Glad to hear from you, Rog, and nice to know you're still cranking along! 100 pounds gone, huh?
> You're going to have to join the skinny guy club soon ;)
>
> keep on keepin' on!
>
> Jon Bond CEO and President

Jon:

He's got a ways to go to catch you. Hell, *I* have a ways to go...

Roger:

Been away myself, what a long strange trip it's been. Missed what was up with you, glad everything
seems to be going OK. On the bright side, I've found that it's easier to see what's important after
life throws you a curve or too.

Take it easy,

Chris