Empty bike path !

zipp2001

Mar 30, 2007
The heat and humidity is finally moving in (30.5 Celsius / 50% Humidity) and that means the bike path will be pretty empty during the hottest part of the day. I seldom visit the bike path unless I know it's got light traffic on it. Granted we only have 6 miles of paths but it is nice to get off the road and away from the cars for a little bit.

Do you find less traffic on the bike paths when it's hotter in your area ?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xShdWRHgdM

Only 6 miles? :eek: Man, we have one that is 76 roundtrip, another that is 60 roundtrip and another about 40 roundtrip. Couple of other long trails I have not ridden and don't care to as they are closer to Los Angeles ha ha! Funny though, we ride when it heats up to 100+. Pretty much have the trail to ourselves. I know a whole lot of fair weather riders who don't ride if it's below 70 or warmer than 80 ha ha! Nice having the trail to ourselves though. Oh yeah, wind too!

Reactions: zipp2001
Only 6 miles? :eek: Man, we have one that is 76 roundtrip, another that is 60 roundtrip and another about 40 roundtrip. Couple of other long trails I have not ridden and don't care to as they are closer to Los Angeles ha ha! Funny though, we ride when it heats up to 100+. Pretty much have the trail to ourselves. I know a whole lot of fair weather riders who don't ride if it's below 70 or warmer than 80 ha ha! Nice having the trail to ourselves though. Oh yeah, wind too!

At least it gets me away from traffic for a bitt. On todays ride as I was coming back toward town I went on it again. Not one single person on it and it was only 89 degrees with 42% humidity. It don't think it's that bad but man nobody at all.
You have such a great cycling network that would never happen here. If I want there is a path about 40 miles away from me that's 12 miles long, so 24 round trip.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
It is funny though! The wind kicks up in the afternoon. Most, almost all riders start about 6 am to avoid the wind. Not worth it to me ha ha! I'd rather sleep a little more and fight then wind. Same with heat. We've done, and Gina on her single bike, century rides in 100+ degree heat. All a matter of getting acclimated to the weather. Gina used to really be affected by the heat. But we worked up to it slowly and now she does so much better when the heat hits. Some say to start early to avoid the heat but doesn't always work that way. One needs to be prepared just in case. We've done plenty of rides that start out cool then get unexpectedly hot. Sometimes it can be another rider holding you up, another with mechanical problems etc. Got to be prepared. :D

Love putting some pink in my cycling kits, I used to race on a neon pink, yellow, and green bike.

I loved the Lampre kits in the TDF years ago. A bit different pink but nice looking.

I remember one year I wore a pink jersey on the trail. 2 of my female cousins had been rescued from cancer So I wore it that October in honor of the awareness thing.

Some dude on the trail started talking trash about wearing pink and sissy stuff. He's not talking trash anymore! I put a serious lashing on him ha ha!

I'd wear pink in a minute!

Was pure pink but I had no problem with it. Rather nice jersey!

pinkA.jpg
101115B_zps70o2tngo.jpg