Euro road bikes

big Pete

New Member
Jun 17, 2004
Hi all,

Does any one know of good European road bike makes that are not sold in Canada? Can you also give there corporate site address if that is not too much trouble.

Thank you very much
Pete

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 00:23:50 +1000, big Pete wrote:

> Does any one know of good European road bike makes that are not sold in
> Canada? Can you also give there corporate site address if that is not
> too much trouble.

In the UK alone, there are many small bike makers/sellers.There are an
awful lot who only sell from one shop, but what they do sell is top
quality stuff.Mercian of Derby are pretty well known throughout the world,
and there are many small shops who make an equally good product.
I would expect France,Italy,Spain,Belgium and The Netherlands to have many
quality bike makers as well(well I know they do).
Let us know what you are after, and I may be able to point you toward some
in the UK.
Alan.

http://www.dvatc.co.uk - Off-road cycling in the North Midlands.

big Pete <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi all,
>
> Does any one know of good European road bike makes that are not sold in
> Canada? Can you also give there corporate site address if that is not
> too much trouble.

Arguably one of the *best* bicycle manufacturers in Canada, with Euro
roots, is Mike Barry's Bicycle Specialties:

http://www.bikespecialties.com/

Mike makes Mariposa frames and also sells Marinoni (another Canadian
bicycle mfr you should also consider).

"bfd" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de :
news:[email protected]...
> big Pete <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Does any one know of good European road bike makes that are not sold in
> > Canada? Can you also give there corporate site address if that is not
> > too much trouble.
> >

> Arguably one of the *best* bicycle manufacturers in Canada, with Euro
> roots, is Mike Barry's Bicycle Specialties:
>
> http://www.bikespecialties.com/
>
> Mike makes Mariposa frames and also sells Marinoni (another Canadian
> bicycle mfr you should also consider).

It may be that you don't have Kuota (Italy) yet. I had the chance to ride
their Kredo model for a while, and (could I afford one) I'd dearly like one
!
--
Bonne route,

Sandy
Paris FR

> Does any one know of good European road bike makes that are not sold in
> Canada?

So you just want to yearn for one?

Misterbeets said:
> Does any one know of good European road bike makes that are not sold in
> Canada?

So you just want to yearn for one?

No I am going there (Budapest) and I might bring home a bike.

Pete

>> Does any one know of good European road bike makes that are not
sold in
>> Canada?

>So you just want to yearn for one?

My guess is it's to become an agent for that brand in Canada.

news:p[email protected]...

Ronald wrote:
>>>Does any one know of good European road bike makes that are not

> sold in
>
>>>Canada?

>>So you just want to yearn for one?

> My guess is it's to become an agent for that brand in Canada.

Another possibility is that he wants to buy a frame for himself, that no
one else in his neck of the woods will have. /Robert

Robert said:
Another possibility is that he wants to buy a frame for himself, that no
one else in his neck of the woods will have. /Robert

Right on the money. Also that the bikes might be less $$$.

I have heard of fort (sp?) a Chez bike make but could not find their site.

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 00:29:29 +1000, big Pete wrote:

> Robert Wrote:
>>
>> Another possibility is that he wants to buy a frame for himself, that
>> no
>> one else in his neck of the woods will have. /Robert

> Right on the money. Also that the bikes might be less $$$.
>
> I have heard of fort (sp?) a Chez bike make but could not find their
> site.

Fort are pretty good quality, I think from Spain, though like most now are
probably made in Taiwan.They are certainly not a small operation,thye do a
full range of bikes.I see their bikes regularly in the UK, and their
cyclo-cross bike is quite popular here.

big Pete wrote:

> Robert Wrote:
>
>>Another possibility is that he wants to buy a frame for himself, that
>>no
>>one else in his neck of the woods will have. /Robert

> Right on the money. Also that the bikes might be less $$$.
>
> I have heard of fort (sp?) a Chez bike make but could not find their
> site.

Hi
Fort are good quality Czech frames imported into the US via
http://www.fortframes.com
not quite as exclusive as the OP is after I think.

Stan Cox

The Hungarians don't seem to be as industrious as the Czechs, last I
remember somebody was making some magnesium frames in Hungary but that was
about 3 years ago.
Most of the top builders in Czech who supply their elite road & cross
riders don't sell off-the-peg much unless they are like most of the
Italian, Benelux companies etc. & just uncrate a Taiwanese frame for a
paintjob.

Stan Cox wrote:

> big Pete wrote:
>
> > Robert Wrote:
> >
> >>Another possibility is that he wants to buy a frame for himself, that
> >>no
> >>one else in his neck of the woods will have. /Robert

> > Right on the money. Also that the bikes might be less $$$.
> >
> > I have heard of fort (sp?) a Chez bike make but could not find their
> > site.
> >

> Hi
> Fort are good quality Czech frames imported into the US via
> http://www.fortframes.com
> not quite as exclusive as the OP is after I think.
>
> Stan Cox

The Hungarians don't seem to be as industrious as the Czechs, last I
remember somebody was making some magnesium frames in Hungary but that was
about 3 years ago.
Most of the top builders in Czech who supply their elite road & cross
riders don't sell off-the-peg much unless they are like most of the
Italian, Benelux companies etc. & just uncrate a Taiwanese frame for a
paintjob.

Was this the maker you were thinking of http://www.mgbiker.20m.com/index.htm ?

Pete