Evans, reasons to dislike him

Eldron said:
Dear Moderator,

Please add this as my nomination for "dumbest comment of the year".

That is all,

Eldron.
Hey... I stepped in with a PM to save you from posting the dumbest thing of the year...then you go and point the finger at someone else. How many people on this forum thought Cavendish was an American...
tongue.gif

I think Runitout's "attack in the TT" was his way of metaphorically saying that Cadel will exert his dominance in the time trial. I think Runitout has done enough bike racing to understand time trialling and attacking.

Eldron said:
Dear Moderator,

Please add this as my nomination for "dumbest comment of the year".

That is all,

Eldron.

Well Eldron, to quote your fine self:

"Well aint [sic] you just a little bundle of joy.

Methinks you should ask your mom [sic] to teach you some manners."

Coming from the same bloke who thought that Cavendish was American.

Crankyfeet said:
Hey... I stepped in to save you from posting the dumbest thing of the year...then you go and point the finger at someone else. How many people on this forum thought Cavendish was an American...
tongue.gif

I think Runitout's "attack in the TT" was his way of metaphorically saying that Cadel will exert his dominance in the time trial. I think Runitout has done enough bike racing to understand time trialling and attacking.

Spot on Crank.

And I've lost enough time in ITTs to respect those who can do them well.

edit - I'd prefer a rider who attacks in the hills to win the Tour. But even Sastre sucked wheels until stage 17. Next year, will be different, I have no doubt.

Grater said:

Put it this way. If Evans does win the tour this year or any year, then I will give up cycling alltogether.

Once again you shoot off your mouth...we'll hold you to this...bet you're to gutless to back it up...3 stages left & Grater is no more on this forum!

Crankyfeet said:
Hey... I stepped in with a PM to save you from posting the dumbest thing of the year...then you go and point the finger at someone else. How many people on this forum thought Cavendish was an American...
tongue.gif

Relax people - sheesh - it wasn't meant to be insulting - I was aiming for sarcasm and missed horribly aparently - it just seemed like a silly mistyped comment perfect for poking fun at - it is impossible to attack in a TT - unless you're trying to drop your DS' car or something....

Apologies to all involved if you took offence...

@runitout - thanks for trawling through the site to find my comments - it's really flattering - I didn't even know I had a fan base here.

Crankyfeet said:
Troll from the TAN? Hitchy? He'll love that... you just made his day...
tongue.gif

Woo Hoo!!!!...however I must humbly decline your nomination to the Troll club to which our esteemed Bro has served with such distinction...I am simply unworthy. I shall continue to observe & learn from the master troll in the hope of one day being able to compete :D

Eldron said:
Relax people - sheesh - it wasn't meant to be insulting - I was aiming for sarcasm and missed horribly aparently - it just seemed like a silly mistyped comment perfect for poking fun at - it is impossible to attack in a TT - unless you're trying to drop your DS' car or something....

Apologies to all involved if you took offence...

@runitout - thanks for trawling through the site to find my comments - it's really flattering - I didn't even know I had a fan base here.

Nah, didn't take offence - just thought it was a bit silly coming from the bloke who had already put on the dunce's hat. Dunno about being your fan, but if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy, then good for you.

If you don't think you can attack in an ITT, then you didn't see stage 1 in the 2005 Tour. Or Indurain. Or Hinault. Yes, it's metaphorical, as Cranky pointed out. Thought that was obvious.

Cheers, anyway.

Runitout said:
Nah, didn't take offence - just thought it was a bit silly coming from the bloke who had already put on the dunce's hat. Dunno about being your fan, but if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy, then good for you.

If you don't think you can attack in an ITT, then you didn't see stage 1 in the 2005 Tour. Or Indurain. Or Hinault. Yes, it's metaphorical, as Cranky pointed out. Thought that was obvious.

Cheers, anyway.

Can we all get over the Cav comment now please - the Dunce cap is getting heavy!! Damn you Cranky!! Or thank you for pointing out my brain fart so quickly - tough call...

I once saw Ullrich attack in a TT - he ended up sliding face first over a wet traffic circle :D

Sadly I think Evans will win this year. It'll earn him my respect but not my approval....

Eldron said:
Can we all get over the Cav comment now please - the Dunce cap is getting heavy!! Damn you Cranky!! Or thank you for pointing out my brain fart so quickly - tough call...

Don't feel bad Eldron...all the Seppo's think there are 2 Australians in the top 4 :D

Hitchy said:
Don't feel bad Eldron...all the Seppo's think there are 2 Australians in the top 4 :D

I love Americans - being South African I get choice questions like "my brother/cousin/sister is in South Africa - his name is Bob - do you know him?".

I reply "there are 50 million in South Africa - which part of South Africa is Bob in?"

The answer is usually Kenya or Botswana.

Eldron said:
I love Americans - being South African I get choice questions like "my brother/cousin/sister is in South Africa - his name is Bob - do you know him?".

I reply "there are 50 million in South Africa - which part of South Africa is Bob in?"

The answer is usually Kenya or Botswana.
So... did you know him?...
confused.gif

I remember going to a night club in Jo'berg. It was this big warehouse building... with a lot of small mezzanine platforms. I remember lining up outside and getting to the front... and everyone was handing their gun in at the door. I couldn't believe everyone had one. These were young 20 somethings. Anyway... I must say that the gals in South Africa are very attractive. Probably the Dutch influence.

Afterwards... me and my mate couldn't catch a taxi... so we decided to walk a mile back to the hotel. We found out the next morning that we had just tossed a coin that night by deciding to walk home. Heads we live...tails we die.

Crankyfeet said:
So... did you know him?...
confused.gif

I remember going to a night club in Jo'berg. It was this big warehouse building... with a lot of small mezzanine platforms. I remember lining up outside and getting to the front... and everyone was handing their gun in at the door. I couldn't believe everyone had one. These were young 20 somethings. Anyway... I must say that the gals in South Africa are very attractive. Probably the Dutch influence.

Afterwards... me and my mate couldn't catch a taxi... so we decided to walk a mile back to the hotel. We found out the next morning that we had just tossed a coin that night by deciding to walk home. Heads we live...tails we die.

Of course I knew him - it's easy to spot yankee doodles in South(ern) Africa - the're the ones with HUGE Hawaain floral shirts on, enormous cigars sticking out of their mouths telling all and sundry that it's bigger in america at 200 decibels :D

Att Americans: this is only a light hearted dig at you - please don't sue me...

There is a fantastic nightlife in Jhb - the gun thing seems to have slowed down a bit - all the criminals have stolen them ;) If you're ever back in the country drop me a line and I'll show you around - if you're ~6'2" I'll even lend you a bike and take you for a ride...better still skip Johannesburg completely and go to Cape Town!!!

Walking in Jhb is like flipping a double headed coin and calling tails these days. SA is such a country of contrasts - awesome weather, scenery, geography, people - awful crime, poverty and governance.

Eldron said:
Walking in Jhb is like flipping a double headed coin and calling tails these days. SA is such a country of contrasts - awesome weather, scenery, geography, people - awful crime, poverty and governance.

Sounds like the western suburbs of Sydney....but without the good people, weather, scenery & geography! :D

Hitchy said:

Kohl has to be Australian - don't all you guys speak with a german sounding accent?

:D :D :D

OK, I have been reading and thinking, and reading and thinking. I am happy that I am no longer at odds with the whole of the Australian posting block here on cyclingforums. Unfortunately, I am about to get back on your bad side.

I don't care what any of you say. From what I see, Cadel is a smarmy little ***** with an accessory dog and *****y, wussy habit of smacking and headbutting people who can't fight back. He hired Armstrong's former bodyguard/masseur/dope connection for this year's tour, and has proceeded to act like a spoiled child with his pining on about "3 against 1" and all. I also think that while he rides to his strengths, he does suck wheel entirely too much, and that he COULD ride more aggressively and SHOULD considering his obvious strength. He has no team backing him, and I have to wonder outloud if his teammates just lack the power to ride for him, or whether the problem is exaserbated by his personality? It has nothing to do with his country of origin. As I have said before, if it were Rogers in his place, I would be elated. I believe that your national pride is causing you to overlook his pissy behavior. I can understand that to an extent. But I am someone who cheered Armstrong until I read "Its Not About The Bike" made me realize that he is a Narcissistic asshole. I still gave him the benefit of the doubt at times, but his stature only went down from there, and when he chased Simeoni down, I threw my hands up and my opinion is that the guy can go **** himself time and time again. I will also say however that I still cheer Hincape because I have met him on a few occasions, and he did a major solid at the TdF for a friend of mine who only knows him in passing. Gave him full access to the riders village, etc. I know that he doped to the gills. I also know that I still cannot help but cheer him on. I have a personal attachment and some nationalistic pride that gives rise to those feelings. I wouldn't expect the same from you. You should not expect the same from me in regards to Cadel. I have no personal attachment, am not Australian, and dislike people who act as does he. I don't like the guy, end of story.

As to the bias and attitude that we Americans are some how homogenious in terms of our attitudes of people in the rest of the world, knowledge of the affairs of other countries, education, materialism, etc, etc, etc. I am far more versed in all of that than most people you will meet anywhere. I have traveled extensively, many times with people from other countries, and am far from being an "Ugly American." At the same time, I love my country. I have traveled, and seen many beautiful places, and none of them hold a candle to southern Utah or Alaska. We have a freedom here that many don't understand until they live here. We also have some really stupid people, beginning with our President. What I can also tell you is that in my travels, I have met really stupid people everywhere I have gone. It is a common trait among....people.

Cadel is a ***** assed little baby in my opinion, and even though I will not cry if he wins, I will be rooting for everyone but him tomorrow.

Now, I will take the flames without comment.

Eldron said:
Kohl has to be Australian - don't all you guys speak with a german sounding accent?

:D :D :D

When i visited 'seppocentral' some years ago, one of 'em asked me if I was Canadian!..."I've heard that accent before, but I can't quite place it"...:D

thoughtforfood said:
Now, I will take the flames without comment.

ahh no you probably won't, cos that would mean that someone could be bothered reading it...sorry, too many words after 2 1/2 weeks of 4 hrs sleep per night! :D

thoughtforfood said:
wah freakin wah, whinge whinge whinge
OK, so here's the deal. Cadel has an annoying voice. If he had some deep macho alpha male voice you'd cream yourself everytime he speaks regardless of how he rides.

I reckon he pussied out on Alpe Duez and should have pushed the pace a lot earlier than a few k to go.

Let's not forget he'll have the DS in his ear telling him what to do...