Exercise and moderate high CPK levels

VS1

Jun 6, 2005
Hi,
If any of you knows a bit about the following ,I would appreciate your view

A person with moderate high levels of CPK , not in very good shape exercises some running and cycling;
Anything he would better do before, during or after the exercise in order to avoid or minimize unwanted physiological harms ?

Thanks!
VS1

VS1 said:
If any of you knows a bit about the following ,I would appreciate your view

A person with moderate high levels of CPK , not in very good shape exercises some running and cycling; Anything he would better do before, during or after the exercise in order to avoid or minimize unwanted physiological harms ?

An internet forum is the worst place to be asking questions like this. This is something you should be asking your doctor, doubly so since high CPK levels can be from any of several causes. All you get on a forum is information that either bears relevance to someone else's medical history/condition, not yours, or just uninformed answers.

This is a medical question. Those should be answered by doctors, namely a doctor that is familiar with your medical hx.

Thanks - - Well the person I'm asking for does consult with his Doc.
I thought there might be some knowledge that I could also get from members here..

VS1 said:
Thanks - - Well the person I'm asking for does consult with his Doc.
I thought there might be some knowledge that I could also get from members here..

Frankly, I care enough about friends that I wouldn't go to a cycling forum to ask medical advice for my friends. In fact, I expect my friends to ask for medical advice themselves from their doctors.

You're doing your friend/this person no favors here. Really, do you expect your friend to give any credence to medical advice you might pick up in a bike forum?