Experience of organised cycling holidays in France ??

Hello all

Posting this message on behalf of a friend... Him + missus (who are
reasonably fit/do some hillwalking and cycling) are considering an
organised cycling holiday in France and are looking for info/tips/
advice from anyone who has done similar...

So any info/suggestions etc are welcome..

Ta much in advance... Hugh www.hughspicer.fsnet.co.uk

In message <[email protected]>
[email protected] wrote:

> Hello all
>
> Posting this message on behalf of a friend... Him + missus (who are
> reasonably fit/do some hillwalking and cycling) are considering an
> organised cycling holiday in France and are looking for info/tips/
> advice from anyone who has done similar...

We have been with Suzy Madron, Inntravel, Bike Tours and Chain Gang. All
very good in different ways. We liked the way that Inntravel provide
tickets, hotel and vouchers and leave you to make your own way also the
small hotels involved. Suzy Madron has more obvious organisation and some
more upmarket hotels.

Bike tours /chain gang is more of a group experience.

Enjoy the roads, the scenery, the buildings, the food and the wine!

Paul

--
CTC Right to Ride Representative for Richmond upon Thames

[email protected] wrote:
> Hello all
>
> Posting this message on behalf of a friend... Him + missus (who are
> reasonably fit/do some hillwalking and cycling) are considering an
> organised cycling holiday in France and are looking for info/tips/
> advice from anyone who has done similar...
>
> So any info/suggestions etc are welcome..
>
> Ta much in advance... Hugh www.hughspicer.fsnet.co.uk

I've had one very good experience with First Light Bicycle Tours, who
offer several holidays in France (although my trip with them was to
Czech Republic). It was extremely luxurious, 5-star service throughout.
However, they are also very pricey.
http://www.firstlightbicycletours.com/

Much less pricey but adequate was a bike-and-barge trip I took last year
in the Eastern Loire. Here's the Google reference to my write-up (mind
wrapping):

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.r...li+eastern+loire+bike&rnum=1#a2f54ca95be1c2b5

Hope that helps,

EFR
Ile de France

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello all
>
> Posting this message on behalf of a friend... Him + missus (who are
> reasonably fit/do some hillwalking and cycling) are considering an
> organised cycling holiday in France and are looking for info/tips/
> advice from anyone who has done similar...
>
> So any info/suggestions etc are welcome..
>
> Ta much in advance... Hugh www.hughspicer.fsnet.co.uk

If your friends work in the City and got **very** good bonuses, then
Butterfield and Robinson, in Toronto, are the people to go with. I'm
sure they will know of somewhere convenient to land your plane. They
have a web site.

Jeremy Parker

[email protected] wrote:

> Posting this message on behalf of a friend... Him + missus (who are
> reasonably fit/do some hillwalking and cycling) are considering an
> organised cycling holiday in France and are looking for info/tips/
> advice from anyone who has done similar...

www.gastrobiking.com

Arthur

The struggle of people against power is the struggle
of memory against forgetting - Milan Kundera