Fantasy Cycling Team Competition

tcklyde said:
Haha, oops!

My TdF team is as cooked as Landis was on La Toussuire!

I chose Pereiro last year and overlooked him this year. I also chose Floyd.

I was 94th in Le Tour and am 147th overall. I'm very pleased with my exploits in July.

limerickman said:
My new selections :

1 Boonen Tom (Quickstep - Innergetic)
2 Zabel Erik (Team Milram)
3 Leipheimer Levy (Gerolsteiner)
4 Evans Cadel (Davitamon - Lotto)
5 Moreau Christophe (AG2R Prevoyance)
6 Weening Pieter (Rabobank)
7 Gómez Marchante José Angel (Saunier Duval)
8 Zabriskie David (Team CSC)
9 Joly Sébastien (Francaise Des Jeux)
10 Moreni Cristian (Cofidis)
11 Klöden Andreas (T-Mobile Team)

This was my new selection after Peurto broke (twod ays before the last selection).

But it never got updated on CS site.

And to compound things - I missed todays team change deadline!

I'm 265th today (due to Kloden - who I had in my original pre-Peurto selection) but I never got the benefit of Landis/Evans/Moreau/Leipheimer who I drafted in but was never updated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** I forgot about team change. I emailed the guy before the Giro after the change date appeared to shift by a couple of hours. It's probably too late now, you might look desperate. still got the Vuelta to come though!!

El Loto said:
**** I forgot about team change. I emailed the guy before the Giro after the change date appeared to shift by a couple of hours. It's probably too late now, you might look desperate. still got the Vuelta to come though!!

****, I missed it too. Lots of good stage races... Wallonia, Denmark, Portugal, Germany... and I've got a team full of injuries and tired riders.

Have you made your Vuelta selections?
I think crucial choice will be from the last group of riders... Lots of candidates for stage victories, high placing in GC and double points... But who's the right one?

My Vuelta squad. Might have been a mistake not picking a sprinter but McEwen, Hushovd and Zabel are all in the same grouping so one sprinter would have to do really well to score me lots of points. And i'm tipping Vino to do very well overall. 8,9,10 didn't really have a clue who to pick so I just found people who where actually taking part, hopefully they might get in a breakaway. Hoping Millar places highly in both the TT's as he won't get a high placing overall.

rus.png
Menchov Denis (Rabobank)
kaz.png
Vinokourov Alexandre (Liberty Seguros)
esp.png
Valverde Belmonte Alejandro (Iles Baleares)
esp.png
Contador Velasco Alberto (Liberty Seguros)
usa.png
Danielson Tom (Discovery Channel)
den.png
Rasmussen Michael (Rabobank)
kaz.png
Kashechkin Andrey (Liberty Seguros)
ita.png
Cioni Dario David (Liquigas)
esp.png
Beltran Martinez Manuel (Discovery Channel)
ita.png
Velo Marco (Team Milram)
gbr.png
Millar David (Saunier Duval)

Eldrack said:
My Vuelta squad. Might have been a mistake not picking a sprinter but McEwen, Hushovd and Zabel are all in the same grouping so one sprinter would have to do really well to score me lots of points. And i'm tipping Vino to do very well overall. 8,9,10 didn't really have a clue who to pick so I just found people who where actually taking part, hopefully they might get in a breakaway. Hoping Millar places highly in both the TT's as he won't get a high placing overall.

rus.png
Menchov Denis (Rabobank)
kaz.png
Vinokourov Alexandre (Liberty Seguros)
esp.png
Valverde Belmonte Alejandro (Iles Baleares)
esp.png
Contador Velasco Alberto (Liberty Seguros)
usa.png
Danielson Tom (Discovery Channel)
den.png
Rasmussen Michael (Rabobank)
kaz.png
Kashechkin Andrey (Liberty Seguros)
ita.png
Cioni Dario David (Liquigas)
esp.png
Beltran Martinez Manuel (Discovery Channel)
ita.png
Velo Marco (Team Milram)
gbr.png
Millar David (Saunier Duval)

I've missed the team change date for the 2nd time in a row. DUH