Fat loss - HR, & Pwr zones

frenchyge said:
In addition, looking at the source of calories metabolized during the exercise is still only half of the picture. Fat continues to be metabolized long after high intensity exercise ends as the body seeks to replenish the glycogen stores in the depleted muscle tissues.
Exactly. Doesn't matter which fuels you burn during excercise. Just leave a deficit and let you body burn the fat while you recover and sleep, easy.

ric_stern/RST said:
It sounds like you have specific queries and circumstances that you want people to address, rather than general answers about the correct way forward.

So, while there maybe a more correct way forward (as several of us have been explaining), you also need the advice tailoring to you, your circumstances, and your goals. This is now stepping into the area of wanting specific coaching, which, of course some of the coaches (ourselves included) can provide for you.

Ric
Ric,
With due respect, you put it exactly reverse. I was asking for a very general question about an old known method, solely seeking activity-specific spin from fellow cyclists. (Should have known it would be like asking the proper way train by the Friel book on the power forum :p)

Honestly, an effort was made to avoid coaxing free coaching out of you all. I respect the talent and effort that go with it.

In retrospect I can see how it's a boring question which would explain the cutting edge, nuanced, posts from so many. It's understandably irritating to answer a neolithic question. So evidently there's no cycling specific nuance to the old method? I'll just go walking at 65%-75% Max HR using 220-age... that was easy.

Please don't take it as a knock to the advice given. As always it is top notch.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Admittedly, i haven't read the thread in full (mucho busy here) and apologise if i've misread it. However, it seems like you asked how to lose weight and everyone gave a similar answer, but you want to know how to apply it your circumstances, where you have various constraints. That sot of leads me to think you need coaching and specific plans.

Again, if i've misunderstood what you've quickly written then i apologise about that,

ric

vladav said:
Ric,
With due respect, you put it exactly reverse. I was asking for a very general question about an old known method, solely seeking activity-specific spin from fellow cyclists. (Should have known it would be like asking the proper way train by the Friel book on the power forum :p)

Honestly, an effort was made to avoid coaxing free coaching out of you all. I respect the talent and effort that go with it.

In retrospect I can see how it's a boring question which would explain the cutting edge, nuanced, posts from so many. It's understandably irritating to answer a neolithic question. So evidently there's no cycling specific nuance to the old method? I'll just go walking at 65%-75% Max HR using 220-age... that was easy.

Please don't take it as a knock to the advice given. As always it is top notch.

Dave