Faversham - Canterbury

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Michael Macclan, Feb 24, 2003.

  1. Does anyone know if it's possible/advisable to ride on the A2(T) between Faversham and Canterbury?
    If not can someone recommend an alternative?

    Thanks.

    --
    Michael MacClancy

    Tags:

  2. Jim King

    Jim King Guest

    Michael MacClancy wrote:
    > Does anyone know if it's possible/advisable to ride on the A2(T) between Faversham and Canterbury?
    > If not can someone recommend an alternative?

    Most of it can be bypassed with very little diversion. Have a look at this Multimap page (link
    shortened): http://makeashorterlink.com/?U2E835493 This shows the section past Broughton and
    Dunkirk. There is a section east of Dunkirk where you would have to use the main road, but it's a
    dual carriageway, so there ought to be enough space for you to ride OK. Move west on the map to see
    where the lane past Ewells Farm gets to in Faversham. It eventually comes out at the traffic lights
    in the town centre near the library, or where the library was 13 years ago when I moved away. I used
    to use part of that road going to school at Q.E in Faversham.

    If you are prepared to have more of a detour, then wend your merry way north of the A2 through
    Hernhill, Dargate and Honey Hill, it's a nice area.

    HTH
    --
    Jim King [email protected] Infineon Technologies UK Ltd. Swindon, U.K.

  3. Jinx

    Jinx Guest

    "Michael MacClancy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone know if it's possible/advisable to ride on the A2(T) between Faversham and Canterbury?
    > If not can someone recommend an alternative?
    >
    > Thanks. Michael MacClancy

    I know that a lot of posters to this group don't like cycle routes but the National Cycle Route 1
    runs from Faversham - Whitstable - Canterbury and makes a pleasant route if you're not in too much
    of a hurry, especially the off road part from Whitstable to Canterbury (known as the Crab and
    Winkle Way)

  4. Jinx

    Jinx Guest

    > I know that a lot of posters to this group don't like cycle routes but the National Cycle Route 1
    > runs from Faversham - Whitstable - Canterbury and makes a pleasant route if you're not in too much
    > of a hurry, especially
    the
    > off road part from Whitstable to Canterbury (known as the Crab and Winkle Way)

    sorry didn't mean "off road" but rather "traffic free"