Faversham - Canterbury

Michael Macclan

Guest
Does anyone know if it's possible/advisable to ride on the A2(T) between Faversham and Canterbury?
If not can someone recommend an alternative?

Thanks.

--
Michael MacClancy

Michael MacClancy wrote:
> Does anyone know if it's possible/advisable to ride on the A2(T) between Faversham and Canterbury?
> If not can someone recommend an alternative?

Most of it can be bypassed with very little diversion. Have a look at this Multimap page (link
shortened): http://makeashorterlink.com/?U2E835493 This shows the section past Broughton and
Dunkirk. There is a section east of Dunkirk where you would have to use the main road, but it's a
dual carriageway, so there ought to be enough space for you to ride OK. Move west on the map to see
where the lane past Ewells Farm gets to in Faversham. It eventually comes out at the traffic lights
in the town centre near the library, or where the library was 13 years ago when I moved away. I used
to use part of that road going to school at Q.E in Faversham.

If you are prepared to have more of a detour, then wend your merry way north of the A2 through
Hernhill, Dargate and Honey Hill, it's a nice area.

HTH
--
Jim King [email protected] Infineon Technologies UK Ltd. Swindon, U.K.

"Michael MacClancy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone know if it's possible/advisable to ride on the A2(T) between Faversham and Canterbury?
> If not can someone recommend an alternative?
>
> Thanks. Michael MacClancy

I know that a lot of posters to this group don't like cycle routes but the National Cycle Route 1
runs from Faversham - Whitstable - Canterbury and makes a pleasant route if you're not in too much
of a hurry, especially the off road part from Whitstable to Canterbury (known as the Crab and
Winkle Way)

> I know that a lot of posters to this group don't like cycle routes but the National Cycle Route 1
> runs from Faversham - Whitstable - Canterbury and makes a pleasant route if you're not in too much
> of a hurry, especially
the
> off road part from Whitstable to Canterbury (known as the Crab and Winkle Way)

sorry didn't mean "off road" but rather "traffic free"