Feel icky

Skiur

Guest
Hi all,

I had a not so good eating day today.

..Had to have a phone call with dhv1, afterwhich I feel too drained and hurt. There are still wounds
there that haven't healed. I don't think they ever will...the pain will lessen in time and the
frequency of having to deal with it will decrease too. If I didn't have to talk to him they wouldn't
be ripped open so frequently. *sigh*

Went out to dinner tonight because the emotional drain was too overwelming to cook. The dinner
itself went well, but went to Ben & Jerry's afterwards and had two scoops of ice cream that I didn't
enjoy as much as I thought I would. It just didn't satisfy as I thought it would. Originally I
wanted to go somewhere else for dinner but changed plan due to time limitation. I still want the
burger I was craving and I think I'll work it in later in the week or on the weekend or something.

Now I'm feeling uncomfortable because I had too much food and we came back 2 hours ago. This is
going to be a long night and tomorrow is another day to be OP.

Julie

Maybe there's a corner-turn in here for you. You turned to the thing--food--that you've associated
with the comfort, the easing of pain. Except this time you weren't comforted, you were made
uncomfortable. And then you posted here your original hurt AND the fact that food didn't work. What
a great NSV!!

By putting those two things together, perhaps when a similar situation occurs, you'll trigger the
memory of this post and not be as tempted to overeat, or be able to make better choices about what
you really want.

I'm glad you realize that today is past and tomorrow is, well, tomorrow. Between the now and then,
practice kindness towards yourself: soak in a warm bubble bath, sip some soothing hot tea, listen to
quiet music in a candlelit room. Fill and expand your senses with beauty.

As you would with a young child who'd fallen off her bike and scraped her knee, kiss the owie to
make it better. Please don't yell at her and call her clumsy.

Peace be with you. Linda P

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 21:32:35 -0600, "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I had a not so good eating day today.
>
>..Had to have a phone call with dhv1, afterwhich I feel too drained and hurt. There are still
>wounds there that haven't healed. I don't think they ever will...the pain will lessen in time and
>the frequency of having to deal with it will decrease too. If I didn't have to talk to him they
>wouldn't be ripped open so frequently. *sigh*
>
>Went out to dinner tonight because the emotional drain was too overwelming to cook. The dinner
>itself went well, but went to Ben & Jerry's afterwards and had two scoops of ice cream that I
>didn't enjoy as much as I thought I would. It just didn't satisfy as I thought it would. Originally
>I wanted to go somewhere else for dinner but changed plan due to time limitation. I still want the
>burger I was craving and I think I'll work it in later in the week or on the weekend or something.
>
>Now I'm feeling uncomfortable because I had too much food and we came back 2 hours ago. This is
>going to be a long night and tomorrow is another day to be OP.
>
>Julie

Linda P
232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Thanks Linda. This is the first time I'm not beating myself up for it (another NSV, but the mood
still isn't as up as I'd like). Who knew that I'd learn from this. I was a different
person/personality with dhv1 and I didn't like her so I think she gained weight so that I could rub
her out of the picture. I'm more of the person I want to be.

I packed my lunch for tomorrow, counted my points, got another bottle of water and am working on a
cover letter for a job that sounds like a lot of fun and something I want to do. Tomorrow is another
day. As long as I keep going in all endevors then I'm succeeding.

Julie

"Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Maybe there's a corner-turn in here for you. You turned to the thing--food--that you've associated
> with the comfort, the easing of pain. Except this time you weren't comforted, you were made
> uncomfortable. And then you posted here your original hurt AND the fact that food didn't work.
> What a great NSV!!
>
> By putting those two things together, perhaps when a similar situation occurs, you'll trigger the
> memory of this post and not be as tempted to overeat, or be able to make better choices about what
> you really want.
>
> I'm glad you realize that today is past and tomorrow is, well, tomorrow. Between the now and then,
> practice kindness towards yourself: soak in a warm bubble bath, sip some soothing hot tea, listen
> to quiet music in a candlelit room. Fill and expand your senses with beauty.
>
> As you would with a young child who'd fallen off her bike and scraped her knee, kiss the owie to
> make it better. Please don't yell at her and call her clumsy.
>
> Peace be with you. Linda P
>
> On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 21:32:35 -0600, "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I had a not so good eating day today.
> >
> >..Had to have a phone call with dhv1, afterwhich I feel too drained and hurt. There are still
> >wounds there that haven't healed. I don't think
they
> >ever will...the pain will lessen in time and the frequency of having to
deal
> >with it will decrease too. If I didn't have to talk to him they wouldn't
be
> >ripped open so frequently. *sigh*
> >
> >Went out to dinner tonight because the emotional drain was too
overwelming
> >to cook. The dinner itself went well, but went to Ben & Jerry's
afterwards
> >and had two scoops of ice cream that I didn't enjoy as much as I thought
> >would. It just didn't satisfy as I thought it would. Originally I
wanted
> >to go somewhere else for dinner but changed plan due to time limitation.
> >still want the burger I was craving and I think I'll work it in later in
the
> >week or on the weekend or something.
> >
> >Now I'm feeling uncomfortable because I had too much food and we came
back 2
> >hours ago. This is going to be a long night and tomorrow is another day
> >be OP.
> >
> >Julie
> >

> Linda P
> 232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

That's the ticket.

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 22:48:40 -0600, "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote:

>As long as I keep going in all endevors then I'm succeeding.

Linda P
232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Sorry to hear that your phone call was so wrenching Julie!! I hope that you will be able to recover
in the next couple of days. I hope you are able to stay on program but if not, forgive yourself and
get back on when you can.

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/201.5/155 RAFL 210.5/201.5/198.5

skiur wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I had a not so good eating day today.
>
> ..Had to have a phone call with dhv1, afterwhich I feel too drained and hurt. There are still
> wounds there that haven't healed. I don't think they ever will...the pain will lessen in time and
> the frequency of having to deal with it will decrease too. If I didn't have to talk to him they
> wouldn't be ripped open so frequently. *sigh*
>
> Went out to dinner tonight because the emotional drain was too overwelming to cook. The dinner
> itself went well, but went to Ben & Jerry's afterwards and had two scoops of ice cream that I
> didn't enjoy as much as I thought I would. It just didn't satisfy as I thought it would.
> Originally I wanted to go somewhere else for dinner but changed plan due to time limitation. I
> still want the burger I was craving and I think I'll work it in later in the week or on the
> weekend or something.
>
> Now I'm feeling uncomfortable because I had too much food and we came back 2 hours ago. This is
> going to be a long night and tomorrow is another day to be OP.
>
> Julie

But you are examining these issues and that is progress, hang in there, Lee
skiur <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi all,
>
> I had a not so good eating day today.
>
> ..Had to have a phone call with dhv1, afterwhich I feel too drained and hurt. There are still
> wounds there that haven't healed. I don't think
they
> ever will...the pain will lessen in time and the frequency of having to
deal
> with it will decrease too. If I didn't have to talk to him they wouldn't
be
> ripped open so frequently. *sigh*
>
> Went out to dinner tonight because the emotional drain was too overwelming to cook. The dinner
> itself went well, but went to Ben & Jerry's
afterwards
> and had two scoops of ice cream that I didn't enjoy as much as I thought I would. It just didn't
> satisfy as I thought it would. Originally I wanted to go somewhere else for dinner but changed
> plan due to time limitation.
> still want the burger I was craving and I think I'll work it in later in
the
> week or on the weekend or something.
>
> Now I'm feeling uncomfortable because I had too much food and we came back
2
> hours ago. This is going to be a long night and tomorrow is another day
> be OP.
>
> Julie

Sorry to hear about your difficult phone call. Hope that things settle down for you soon.

Brenda

"skiur" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi all,
>
> I had a not so good eating day today.
>
> ..Had to have a phone call with dhv1, afterwhich I feel too drained and hurt. There are still
> wounds there that haven't healed. I don't think
they
> ever will...the pain will lessen in time and the frequency of having to
deal
> with it will decrease too. If I didn't have to talk to him they wouldn't
be
> ripped open so frequently. *sigh*
>
> Went out to dinner tonight because the emotional drain was too overwelming to cook. The dinner
> itself went well, but went to Ben & Jerry's
afterwards
> and had two scoops of ice cream that I didn't enjoy as much as I thought I would. It just didn't
> satisfy as I thought it would. Originally I wanted to go somewhere else for dinner but changed
> plan due to time limitation.
> still want the burger I was craving and I think I'll work it in later in
the
> week or on the weekend or something.
>
> Now I'm feeling uncomfortable because I had too much food and we came back
2
> hours ago. This is going to be a long night and tomorrow is another day
> be OP.
>
> Julie

Thank you for the kind words, Connie.

I'm on program for half of the day or so it seems.

Julie

"Connie" <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> wrote in message news:4044F4B6.4010003@nospam_primus.ca...
> Sorry to hear that your phone call was so wrenching Julie!! I hope that you will be able to
> recover in the next couple of days. I hope you are able to stay on program but if not, forgive
> yourself and get back on when you can.
>
> --
>
> Cheers,
>
> Connie Walsh
>
> 241.5/201.5/155 RAFL 210.5/201.5/198.5
>

> skiur wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I had a not so good eating day today.
> >
> > ..Had to have a phone call with dhv1, afterwhich I feel too drained and hurt. There are still
> > wounds there that haven't healed. I don't think
they
> > ever will...the pain will lessen in time and the frequency of having to
deal
> > with it will decrease too. If I didn't have to talk to him they
wouldn't be
> > ripped open so frequently. *sigh*
> >
> > Went out to dinner tonight because the emotional drain was too
overwelming
> > to cook. The dinner itself went well, but went to Ben & Jerry's
afterwards
> > and had two scoops of ice cream that I didn't enjoy as much as I thought
> > would. It just didn't satisfy as I thought it would. Originally I
wanted
> > to go somewhere else for dinner but changed plan due to time limitation.
> > still want the burger I was craving and I think I'll work it in later in
the
> > week or on the weekend or something.
> >
> > Now I'm feeling uncomfortable because I had too much food and we came
back 2
> > hours ago. This is going to be a long night and tomorrow is another day
> > be OP.
> >
> > Julie

That is true. Tonight's issue was wanting a burger so bad I could taste it and trying to deter
myself to something healthier. I ended up with a burger anyway.

Half a day OP...that's something.

Julie

"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> But you are examining these issues and that is progress, hang in there,
Lee
> skiur <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I had a not so good eating day today.
> >
> > ..Had to have a phone call with dhv1, afterwhich I feel too drained and hurt. There are still
> > wounds there that haven't healed. I don't think
> they
> > ever will...the pain will lessen in time and the frequency of having to
> deal
> > with it will decrease too. If I didn't have to talk to him they
wouldn't
> be
> > ripped open so frequently. *sigh*
> >
> > Went out to dinner tonight because the emotional drain was too
overwelming
> > to cook. The dinner itself went well, but went to Ben & Jerry's
> afterwards
> > and had two scoops of ice cream that I didn't enjoy as much as I thought
> > would. It just didn't satisfy as I thought it would. Originally I
wanted
> > to go somewhere else for dinner but changed plan due to time limitation.
> > still want the burger I was craving and I think I'll work it in later in
> the
> > week or on the weekend or something.
> >
> > Now I'm feeling uncomfortable because I had too much food and we came
back
> 2
> > hours ago. This is going to be a long night and tomorrow is another day
> > be OP.
> >
> > Julie

a burger does sound good, maybe after WI, I still have all of this week's
flex points, Lee
skiur <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> That is true. Tonight's issue was wanting a burger so bad I could taste
it
> and trying to deter myself to something healthier. I ended up with a
burger
> anyway.
>
> Half a day OP...that's something.
>
> Julie
>
> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > But you are examining these issues and that is progress, hang in there,
> Lee
> > skiur <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I had a not so good eating day today.
> > >
> > > ..Had to have a phone call with dhv1, afterwhich I feel too drained
and
> > > hurt. There are still wounds there that haven't healed. I don't
think
> > they
> > > ever will...the pain will lessen in time and the frequency of having
> > deal
> > > with it will decrease too. If I didn't have to talk to him they
> wouldn't
> > be
> > > ripped open so frequently. *sigh*
> > >
> > > Went out to dinner tonight because the emotional drain was too
> overwelming
> > > to cook. The dinner itself went well, but went to Ben & Jerry's
> > afterwards
> > > and had two scoops of ice cream that I didn't enjoy as much as I
thought
> > > would. It just didn't satisfy as I thought it would. Originally I
> wanted
> > > to go somewhere else for dinner but changed plan due to time
limitation.
> > > still want the burger I was craving and I think I'll work it in later
in
> > the
> > > week or on the weekend or something.
> > >
> > > Now I'm feeling uncomfortable because I had too much food and we came
> back
> > 2
> > > hours ago. This is going to be a long night and tomorrow is another
day
> > > be OP.
> > >
> > > Julie

I usually have a real burger every Saturday for my evening meal. That's WI day, the day I allow
myself to splurge a bit on points. By grilling an extra lean patty and using a lite bun for 1 pt, I
don't venture very far, if at all, into my flex points. And I've satisfied my fast food tooth for
the week. That's the thing about WW. You can eat what you want!

Linda P

Prairie Roots wrote:

> I usually have a real burger every Saturday for my evening meal. That's WI day, the day I allow
> myself to splurge a bit on points. By grilling an extra lean patty and using a lite bun for 1 pt,
> I don't venture very far, if at all, into my flex points. And I've satisfied my fast food tooth
> for the week. That's the thing about WW. You can eat what you want!

That's what I like about it too: tonight is saussage a chips night! Low fat saussages and low fat
oven chips, and fresh green veg: 6 points! :) Follow it with a couple of zero fat half point each WW
yoghurts, and a complete meal can be had for a total of 7 points.

http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

You know, I do not think that I have had a hamburger at all since starting with WW. Maybe, one but I
really don't recall any. Even at bbq's I've had either steak, fish or ribs (pre-boiled, so pretty
lowfat) At McDonald's on road trips, it has been the chicken sandwich without sauce

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 23:09:43 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>a burger does sound good, maybe after WI, I still have all of this week's flex points, Lee skiur
><[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> That is true. Tonight's issue was wanting a burger so bad I could taste
>it
>> and trying to deter myself to something healthier. I ended up with a
>burger
>> anyway.
>>
>> Half a day OP...that's something.
>>
>> Julie
>>
>> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>> berlin.de...
>> > But you are examining these issues and that is progress, hang in there,

>and
>think
>> > they
>> > deal
>> wouldn't
>> > be

>> overwelming
>> > afterwards
>thought
>> wanted
>limitation.
>in
>> > the

>> back
>> > 2
>day

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:28:10 +0000, Kate Dicey
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Prairie Roots wrote:
>
>> I usually have a real burger every Saturday for my evening meal. That's WI day, the day I allow
>> myself to splurge a bit on points. By grilling an extra lean patty and using a lite bun for 1 pt,
>> I don't venture very far, if at all, into my flex points. And I've satisfied my fast food tooth
>> for the week. That's the thing about WW. You can eat what you want!
>
>That's what I like about it too: tonight is saussage a chips night! Low fat saussages and low fat
>oven chips, and fresh green veg: 6 points! :) Follow it with a couple of zero fat half point each
>WW yoghurts, and a complete meal can be had for a total of 7 points.

I guess, in this case it is WeightWatchers yoghurts and not WHOLE WHEAT ones (G)

I had a buffallo burger on a really good whole wheat bun and excellent (spicy) barbeque sauce on it
for 7. I don't need a cow burger anymore.

Had a NSV today. I was late getting up for work and packed my lunch anyway. In addition to
packing my lunch I resisted the temptation to go out to eat at lunchtime (for a burger) and had
what I packed.

I probably could have done better if I didn't snack as much, but sometimes you gotta snack.

Julie

"Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I usually have a real burger every Saturday for my evening meal. That's WI day, the day I allow
> myself to splurge a bit on points. By grilling an extra lean patty and using a lite bun for 1 pt,
> I don't venture very far, if at all, into my flex points. And I've satisfied my fast food tooth
> for the week. That's the thing about WW. You can eat what you want!
>
> Linda P
>
> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 22:35:54 -0600, "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >That is true. Tonight's issue was wanting a burger so bad I could taste
it
> >and trying to deter myself to something healthier. I ended up with a
burger
> >anyway.
> >
> >Half a day OP...that's something.
> >
> >Julie
> >
> >"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> >berlin.de...
> >> But you are examining these issues and that is progress, hang in there,

> >> they
> >> deal
> >wouldn't
> >> be

> >overwelming
> >> afterwards
> >wanted
> >> the

> >back
> >> 2

I've had the odd hamburger, but made at home, ground the beef myself, so I know it's very lean and
broiled or barbequed. I do the same as you at McDonalds, not that I go there much, but if I do I
have the grilled chicken without sauce.

Brenda

> You know, I do not think that I have had a hamburger at all since starting with WW. Maybe, one but
> I really don't recall any. Even at bbq's I've had either steak, fish or ribs (pre-boiled, so
> pretty lowfat) At McDonald's on road trips, it has been the chicken sandwich without sauce
>
> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 23:09:43 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >a burger does sound good, maybe after WI, I still have all of this week's flex points, Lee skiur
> ><[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> That is true. Tonight's issue was wanting a burger so bad I could
taste
> >it
> >> and trying to deter myself to something healthier. I ended up with a
> >burger
> >> anyway.
> >>
> >> Half a day OP...that's something.
> >>
> >> Julie
> >>
> >> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> >> berlin.de...
> >> Lee

> >and
> >think
> >> wouldn't

> >> overwelming
> >thought
> >> wanted
> >limitation.
> >in

> >> back
> >day

I guess I don't desire it enough to figure out which steak to grind and then grind it (G)

I could imagine it would be very fresh and more wholesome.

Fred wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:28:10 +0000, Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Prairie Roots wrote:
> >
> >> I usually have a real burger every Saturday for my evening meal. That's WI day, the day I allow
> >> myself to splurge a bit on points. By grilling an extra lean patty and using a lite bun for 1
> >> pt, I don't venture very far, if at all, into my flex points. And I've satisfied my fast food
> >> tooth for the week. That's the thing about WW. You can eat what you want!
> >
> >That's what I like about it too: tonight is saussage a chips night! Low fat saussages and low fat
> >oven chips, and fresh green veg: 6 points! :) Follow it with a couple of zero fat half point each
> >WW yoghurts, and a complete meal can be had for a total of 7 points.
>
> I guess, in this case it is WeightWatchers yoghurts and not WHOLE WHEAT ones (G)

Oh, yes! Whole wheat yog sounds about as apatizing as liquid cardboard...

http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

I ended up at o'charley's and had chicken oriental. Then home and had
traderjoe's poundcake, made into muffins, not so many flex points as I
started the day with, Lee
Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You know, I do not think that I have had a hamburger at all since starting with WW. Maybe, one but
> I really don't recall any. Even at bbq's I've had either steak, fish or ribs (pre-boiled, so
> pretty lowfat) At McDonald's on road trips, it has been the chicken sandwich without sauce
>
> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 23:09:43 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >a burger does sound good, maybe after WI, I still have all of this week's flex points, Lee skiur
> ><[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> That is true. Tonight's issue was wanting a burger so bad I could
taste
> >it
> >> and trying to deter myself to something healthier. I ended up with a
> >burger
> >> anyway.
> >>
> >> Half a day OP...that's something.
> >>
> >> Julie
> >>
> >> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> >> berlin.de...
> >> Lee

> >and
> >think
> >> wouldn't

> >> overwelming
> >thought
> >> wanted
> >limitation.
> >in

> >> back
> >day

When I eat there I get the bacon ranch salad, sometimes with chicken
sometimes without, 3 or 7 points, Lee
Brenda Hammond <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've had the odd hamburger, but made at home, ground the beef myself, so I know it's very lean and
> broiled or barbequed. I do the same as you at McDonalds, not that I go there much, but if I do I
> have the grilled
chicken