FIAC National Points Series

Les Earnest

Guest
The Federation of Independent Associations for Cycling (FIAC) announces its inaugural 2003 National
Points Series that will include eight race meets ranging from Illinois to the West Coast. There will
be separate points competitions for Elite Women, Elite Men, Senior 3 Men, Junior Men and Master 35+
Men, though not all of these classes will compete in every race meet -- see
http://www.fiac.us/npsevents.htm .

Points will be awarded in each class for the top 20 places regardless of the number of entrants,
with 21 points going to first place, 19 to second and one less point for each successive place.
Year-to-date points accumulations will be displayed on the FIAC web site. At the end of the 2003
racing season medals will be awarded to the top ten places overall in each class. In addition, NPS
winners will receive identifying jerseys.

Les Earnest <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> The Federation of Independent Associations for Cycling (FIAC) announces its inaugural 2003
> National Points Series that will include eight race meets ranging from Illinois to the West Coast.
> There will be separate points competitions for Elite Women, Elite Men, Senior 3 Men, Junior Men
> and Master 35+ Men, though not all of these classes will compete in every race meet -- see
> http://www.fiac.us/npsevents.htm .
>
> Points will be awarded in each class for the top 20 places regardless of the number of entrants,
> with 21 points going to first place, 19 to second and one less point for each successive place.
> Year-to-date points accumulations will be displayed on the FIAC web site. At the end of the 2003
> racing season medals will be awarded to the top ten places overall in each class. In addition, NPS
> winners will receive identifying jerseys.

FIAC is located and centered in what part of the country? Is it West Coast, because before
reading this post, I personally had never heard of this organization. So if it's not a nationwide
organization; how can they have a "National Points Series"? Just wondering. Here in the
Southeast, I haven't ridden a race in 4 years that hasn't been affiliated with the USAC be it
either mountain or road.

Tom

"Tom Arsenault" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> FIAC is located and centered in what part of the country? Is it West Coast, because before reading
> this post, I personally had never heard of this organization. So if it's not a nationwide
> organization; how can they have a "National Points Series"? Just wondering. Here in the Southeast,
> I haven't ridden a race in 4 years that hasn't been affiliated with the USAC be it either mountain
> or road.
>
> Tom

when I lived in Florida I raced only uscf and norba also. out west and other areas we have ACA
(American cycling association) etc... my prediction is that in about 5-10 years there will be one
sanctioning body for cycling again for road-mtb etc.... which one it is , anyone's guess. my guess
is it will be FIAC. it looks like someone from Oregon will win it anyway due to the amount of races
being held near there.

>Subject: FIAC National Points Series From: Les Earnest [email protected]

>The Federation of Independent Associations for Cycling (FIAC) announces its inaugural 2003 National
>Points Series

>There will be separate points competitions for Elite Women, Elite Men, Senior 3 Men,

SWEET.

CAT 3 NATIONAL CHAMPION JERSEYS.

THANK GOD YOU DIPSHITS DIDNT TAKE BACK THE USCF. THE FEDS MAY BE SCREWUPS OF THE HIGHEST ORDER, BUT
AT LEAST THEY HAVE SOME PRIDE AND DON'T HAND OUT NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JERSEYS FOR WANKERS WHO CANT
EVEN MAKE CAT 2, LET ALONE CAT 1. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?

THANKS SHARON

PS: THIS POSTING STYLE IS COPYRIGHT 1998 BY DR. ANDREW VERNON ALBRIGHT. USED WITHOUT HIS PERMISSION,
NOT FOR REBROADCAST OR REPRODUCTION.

In article <[email protected]>, Sharon Peters
<[email protected]> wrote:

> >Subject: FIAC National Points Series From: Les Earnest [email protected]
>
> >The Federation of Independent Associations for Cycling (FIAC) announces its inaugural 2003
> >National Points Series
>
> >There will be separate points competitions for Elite Women, Elite Men, Senior 3 Men,
>
> SWEET.
>
> CAT 3 NATIONAL CHAMPION JERSEYS.
>
> THANK GOD YOU DIPSHITS DIDNT TAKE BACK THE USCF. THE FEDS MAY BE SCREWUPS OF THE HIGHEST ORDER,
> BUT AT LEAST THEY HAVE SOME PRIDE AND DON'T HAND OUT NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JERSEYS FOR WANKERS WHO
> CANT EVEN MAKE CAT 2, LET ALONE CAT 1. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?
>
> THANKS SHARON
>
> PS: THIS POSTING STYLE IS COPYRIGHT 1998 BY DR. ANDREW VERNON ALBRIGHT. USED WITHOUT HIS
> PERMISSION, NOT FOR REBROADCAST OR REPRODUCTION.

Of course the above post ignors the fact that USCF did ( a few years ago) have national category
championships for Cat 2s, 3s, and 4s. Before that USCF had 3 or 4 different events around the
country that were all Cat 4 "National Championship events", with all 3 or 4 events happening in the
same year.

Casey

Sharon Peters wrote:

> PS: THIS POSTING STYLE IS COPYRIGHT 1998 BY DR. ANDREW VERNON ALBRIGHT. USED WITHOUT HIS
> PERMISSION, NOT FOR REBROADCAST OR REPRODUCTION.

This is what we used to call "CIVILENGINEEROVISION" at University of Strathclyde in about 1987.
Prior art.

Tom Arsenault wrote:
> FIAC is located and centered in what part of the country? Is it West Coast, because before reading
> this post, I personally had never heard of this organization. So if it's not a nationwide
> organization; how can they have a "National Points Series"? Just wondering. Here in the Southeast,
> I haven't ridden a race in 4 years that hasn't been affiliated with the USAC be it either mountain
> or road.

FIAC is spread over the Central and Western U.S. The National Points Series is a regional
competition that is part of the Galactic Points Series. :)

-Les Earnest

From the web site http://www.fiac.us/ "About FIAC" :

Formation of the Federation of Independent Associations for Cycling (FIAC) was initiated in
Monterey, California, on March 17,1999, at a meeting of representatives of five associations:
American Bicycle Racing (ABR), Bicycle Racing Association of Colorado (BRAC), Northern
California/Nevada Cycling Association (NCNCA), Oregon Bicycle Racing Association (OBRA), and
Washington State Bicycle Association (WSBA). This founders meeting was held shortly after the USA
Cycling board of directors illegally removed the voting rights of its individual members.

BRAC later changed its name to American Cycling Association (ACA) and WSBA withdrew from
participation. A follow-up meeting in Chicago on February 26, 2000, led to the formation of FIAC as
a charitable nonprofit corporation and the filing of Articles of Incorporation in the State of
Colorado on January 23, 2001.

At a board of directors meeting in San Diego, California, on March 31, 2002, a Mission Statement was
adopted. FIAC Bylaws were adopted in April 2002 and the corporation was recognized shortly
thereafter by the Federal Government as a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit corporation.

At a board of directors meeting in Boulder, Colorado on October 12, 2002, California Bicycle Racing
(CBR), which is based in Southern California, was admitted to FIAC membership and plans were
developed for a National Points Series. Northern California-Nevada Cycling Association was
terminated as a member effective January 1, 2003, when it became an agent of USA Cycling.