Finished up my Cervelo Soloist Today!

azdroptop

May 25, 2005
I went with carbon record all around.
Mavic Cosmos wheels for now and a Bontrager sadle. Still looking for a good race wheel for 500 to 800 U.S. I have yet to get my first real ride in, but she felt light, responsive and stiff compared to my Lemond on a quick test ride. Weight as she sits is between 17 and 17.5 lbs. With lighter wheels I think I could be sub 17?

Just wanted to share my excitement...
Cervelo-Complete.gif

Looks beautiful! What'd you pay total?

p.s. take off the bontrager saddle. They're terrible in my experiences with them.

Rudy

rudycyclist said:
Looks beautiful! What'd you pay total?

p.s. take off the bontrager saddle. They're terrible in my experiences with them.

Rudy
Hey Rudy,

It's my old saddle-I'm looking to replace it, but it has been decent for me. : ) The frame was 1200, Campy set up was 1500, bar and stem 120.00, Time rxs carbon pedals 124.99. The wheel set is an extra I had. When I save up some more cash I'll pick up a race set. I just did my quick route, 17miles and the bike feels amazing. Sprinting is sick! The power transfer compared to my Lemond Carbon/Steel is night and day. Can't wait to hit some climbs.

that is one sexy bike. try a tubular wheelset :) its like riding clipless the first time, such a huge difference. I had some mavic ksyrium elites on my bike, they were about 1700-1800 grams, the set i built up was 1100ish grams, woke the bike up.

IEatRice4Dinner said:
that is one sexy bike. try a tubular wheelset :) its like riding clipless the first time, such a huge difference. I had some mavic ksyrium elites on my bike, they were about 1700-1800 grams, the set i built up was 1100ish grams, woke the bike up.
Thanks for the input on the tubulars. I've never used them. What do you do if you flat out on the road? Thanks again.

that's the only issue, i have a cheapo tubular and some co2 i bring with me, u can ride an unglued/taped tubular to get home. worse case senario u got to walk, think of it at cross training... :D worth the risk tho, or u can ride the tubies on your quick 17 mi rides and use them when u race, use the clinchers to go on long rides and training.

IEatRice4Dinner said:
that's the only issue, i have a cheapo tubular and some co2 i bring with me, u can ride an unglued/taped tubular to get home. worse case senario u got to walk, think of it at cross training... :D worth the risk tho, or u can ride the tubies on your quick 17 mi rides and use them when u race, use the clinchers to go on long rides and training.
:D They sound like they would be great for races. Wifey in the truck bringing me another wheel set up. LOL Me no want to walky 20 miles in my bike shoes. ha ha.