First meal date - ideas please

On 28 Sep 2005 13:43:06 -0700, in rec.food.cooking, "Sheldon"
<[email protected]> hit the crackpipe and declared:

>projectile vomit chick wrote:
>> On 28 Sep 2005 10:59:28 -0700, in rec.food.cooking,
>> [email protected] hit the crackpipe and declared:
>> >I was wondering whether anybody can help me. In the near future, I
>> >shall be cooking a meal (for the first time) for a very special lady.
>> >The thing is, I am no expert at this type of thing, and I have no idea
>> >about what to cook for her. She tells me that she is "not fussy" and
>> >will eat "just about anything" - which leaves the ball very firmly in
>> >my court. However, I'm sure that if I provide something uninteresting
>> >like pasta, she'll think I'm devoid of originality. Have any of you
>> >any suggestions as to what I can cook - or more importantly what not
>> >to? I can do my bit in the kitchen, but sadly I'm used to the bachelor
>> >way of doing it!

>> Lean back from the table, pull out your **** and slap it on the table.
>> Yell "IT'S DINNERTIME, *****!"....then get up and shove it into the
>> shocked "O" of her mouth.

>I left an impression, eh?

LOL! Finally, someone with a sense of humour!

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 17:40:15 -0400, in rec.food.cooking, ~patches~
<[email protected]> hit the crackpipe and declared:

>Agreed even though you are a little bad with the bedroom adventures ;)

How would you know about that?

>To the OP - I hear girls are really into Harry Potter right now so you
>might choose HP & the Sorcer's Stone as you're first cool movie. From
>experience it is very good! I'd forgoe the icecream if you plan on
>popcorn smothered with butter & salt later :)

Did he say that he had invited a 12 year old over? Good Lord you are
a dipshit.

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:03:15 GMT, in rec.food.cooking, Dog3
<[email protected]> hit the crackpipe and declared:

>I would keep it simple and tasty with a liberal amount of alcohol.

Of course you would. Do you have some roofies, too?

[email protected] wrote:
> I was wondering whether anybody can help me. In the near future, I
> shall be cooking a meal (for the first time) for a very special lady.
> The thing is, I am no expert at this type of thing, and I have no idea
> about what to cook for her. She tells me that she is "not fussy" and
> will eat "just about anything" - which leaves the ball very firmly in
> my court. However, I'm sure that if I provide something uninteresting
> like pasta, she'll think I'm devoid of originality. Have any of you
> any suggestions as to what I can cook - or more importantly what not
> to? I can do my bit in the kitchen, but sadly I'm used to the bachelor
> way of doing it!

Stick with the tried-and-true, something you make well and like - pasta
with a meat sauce is fine. Fancy it up with some garlic cheese bread
and a nice light dessert (purchase the dessert if you have to) like a
mix of sorbets with shaved chocolate on top.

On our first meal at home, I grilled DH the most fabulous ribeyes. He
said it was the best steak he had ever eaten. I have not been able to
replicate them again, in the last 7 years...but we're still married. :)

-L.

Om quipped:

>>> Chocolate is an aphrodesiac..... (sp?)

>> or a substitute. Or so I'm told.

> If you get the right brand, Lindts for instance, it's better. ;-)

Then you're not doing the other thing right.

Bob

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Om quipped:

> >> or a substitute. Or so I'm told.

> > If you get the right brand, Lindts for instance, it's better. ;-)

> Then you're not doing the other thing right.

Knowing her she'll be doing both, probably together...!

Sheldon

On 28 Sep 2005 10:59:28 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>I was wondering whether anybody can help me. In the near future, I
>shall be cooking a meal (for the first time) for a very special lady.
>The thing is, I am no expert at this type of thing, and I have no idea
>about what to cook for her. She tells me that she is "not fussy" and
>will eat "just about anything" - which leaves the ball very firmly in
>my court. However, I'm sure that if I provide something uninteresting
>like pasta, she'll think I'm devoid of originality. Have any of you
>any suggestions as to what I can cook - or more importantly what not
>to? I can do my bit in the kitchen, but sadly I'm used to the bachelor
>way of doing it!

you'd be surprised. The first meal I cooked for D was dirty rice, and
I botched it. Undercooked rice was only part of the problem. The
real trouble revolved around the fact that she hates chicken livers,
and dirty rice abounds with them.

We've been married 32 years now.

It ain't always the meal, guy.

modom

In article <[email protected]>,
"Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> > Om quipped:

> > > If you get the right brand, Lindts for instance, it's better. ;-)

> > Then you're not doing the other thing right.

> Knowing her she'll be doing both, probably together...!
>
> Sheldon

Spot on........ ;-)

Chocolate also is excellent for foreplay.......

Add whipped cream and you are good to go!

Hmmmmmm... sounds like it's time to start another thread
on the sensual uses of food eh?

<lol>
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

On Thu 29 Sep 2005 07:24:28p, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>> > Om quipped:

>> > Then you're not doing the other thing right.

>> Knowing her she'll be doing both, probably together...!
>>
>> Sheldon
>>

> Spot on........ ;-)
>
> Chocolate also is excellent for foreplay.......
>
> Add whipped cream and you are good to go!
>
> Hmmmmmm... sounds like it's time to start another thread
> on the sensual uses of food eh?
>
> <lol>

Oh, you mean like a sauerkraut juice rub?

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

> I was wondering whether anybody can help me. In the near future, I
> shall be cooking a meal (for the first time) for a very special lady.
> The thing is, I am no expert at this type of thing, and I have no idea
> about what to cook for her. She tells me that she is "not fussy" and
> will eat "just about anything" - which leaves the ball very firmly in
> my court. However, I'm sure that if I provide something uninteresting
> like pasta, she'll think I'm devoid of originality. Have any of you
> any suggestions as to what I can cook - or more importantly what not
> to? I can do my bit in the kitchen, but sadly I'm used to the bachelor
> way of doing it!

My first date with CJ was a dinner invite. She came over to my
apartment, and I served up some Indonesian chicken skewers (sate) with
peanut sauce, rice, cucumber salad, and fresh papaya for dessert. It
worked. Sixteen years later, and she's still hanging around, eating my
cooking. I think she's only it for the food...

--
Julian Vrieslander

One time on Usenet, OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> said:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> > > Om quipped:

> > > Then you're not doing the other thing right.

> > Knowing her she'll be doing both, probably together...!
> >
> > Sheldon
> >

> Spot on........ ;-)
>
> Chocolate also is excellent for foreplay.......
>
> Add whipped cream and you are good to go!
>
> Hmmmmmm... sounds like it's time to start another thread
> on the sensual uses of food eh?
>
> <lol>

Yup, you're Katra all right... ;-)

--