fixed/single speed wheels?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Sam Bixby, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Sam Bixby

    Sam Bixby Guest

    any one know of a web-retailer that sells fixed or single speed wheels?

    thanks

    panda

    Tags:

  2. Simon Ward

    Simon Ward Guest

    Sam Bixby <[email protected]> wrote:
    > any one know of a web-retailer that sells fixed or single speed wheels?
    Any good bike shop should build or source one for you. If you're hell-bent on buying a complete
    wheel, try the Bandits of Bridgewater as a starting point.

    Simon
    --
    Simon Ward, Accent Optical Technologies (UK) Ltd., York, YO31 8SD, UK "Perl is the ideal tool for
    the inspired slacker who'd rather sing and dance than spend longer than they need to at work ..."

  3. Paul

    Paul Guest

    "Sam Bixby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > any one know of a web-retailer that sells fixed or single speed wheels?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > panda
    I've got a nice pair (!) made by Alex ay John Atkins cycles; 517 rims on DMR hubs - very solid.
    www.johnatkinscycles.co.uk Paul Hartigan

  4. Sam Bixby

    Sam Bixby Guest

    well was gonna ask LBS but wanted a rough idea of cost first

    panda

    "Simon Ward" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sam Bixby <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > any one know of a web-retailer that sells fixed or single speed wheels?
    > Any good bike shop should build or source one for you. If you're hell-bent on buying a complete
    > wheel, try the Bandits of Bridgewater as a starting point.
    >
    > Simon
    > --
    > Simon Ward, Accent Optical Technologies (UK) Ltd., York, YO31 8SD, UK "Perl is the ideal tool for
    > the inspired slacker who'd rather sing and
    dance
    > than spend longer than they need to at work ..." -
    http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2002/12/18/hohoho.html

  5. Simon Ward

    Simon Ward Guest

    Sam Bixby <[email protected]> wrote:
    > well was gonna ask LBS but wanted a rough idea of cost first
    Depends on componentry. In my case (approximately, as I'm working from memory)

    - Goldtec rear track hub (d/s) - =A365.00
    - DT Competition spokes (36x) - =A315.00=20
    - Mavic OpenPro black, 36h - =A320.00=20
    ------
    Grand total: =A3100.00

    More or less expensive components can be substituted if you feel the ne= ed. If you're not doing
    the job yourself, then you've got to factor labour co= sts in as well. There's also the cost of
    sprockets/freewheels as appropriate. Rims are a matter of choice, of course. Alternatives in the
    hub departm= ent include the Sovos d/s hub sold by the Bandits, or the Miche track hubs. C= heap
    fixed hubs generally have the sort of lifespan you'd associate with snowf= lakes in Hell (IME)

    Simon --=20 Simon Ward, Accent Optical Technologies (UK) Ltd., York, YO31 8SD, UK=20 "Perl is the
    ideal tool for the inspired slacker who'd rather sing and da= nce than spend longer than they need
    to at work ..."=20
    - http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2002/12/18/hohoho.= html