fixed/single speed wheels?

Sam Bixby

Guest
any one know of a web-retailer that sells fixed or single speed wheels?

thanks

panda

Sam Bixby <[email protected]> wrote:
> any one know of a web-retailer that sells fixed or single speed wheels?
Any good bike shop should build or source one for you. If you're hell-bent on buying a complete
wheel, try the Bandits of Bridgewater as a starting point.

Simon
--
Simon Ward, Accent Optical Technologies (UK) Ltd., York, YO31 8SD, UK "Perl is the ideal tool for
the inspired slacker who'd rather sing and dance than spend longer than they need to at work ..."

"Sam Bixby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> any one know of a web-retailer that sells fixed or single speed wheels?
>
> thanks
>
> panda
I've got a nice pair (!) made by Alex ay John Atkins cycles; 517 rims on DMR hubs - very solid.
www.johnatkinscycles.co.uk Paul Hartigan

well was gonna ask LBS but wanted a rough idea of cost first

panda

"Simon Ward" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Sam Bixby <[email protected]> wrote:
> > any one know of a web-retailer that sells fixed or single speed wheels?
> Any good bike shop should build or source one for you. If you're hell-bent on buying a complete
> wheel, try the Bandits of Bridgewater as a starting point.
>
> Simon
> --
> Simon Ward, Accent Optical Technologies (UK) Ltd., York, YO31 8SD, UK "Perl is the ideal tool for
> the inspired slacker who'd rather sing and
dance
> than spend longer than they need to at work ..." -
http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2002/12/18/hohoho.html

Sam Bixby <[email protected]> wrote:
> well was gonna ask LBS but wanted a rough idea of cost first
Depends on componentry. In my case (approximately, as I'm working from memory)

- Goldtec rear track hub (d/s) - =A365.00
- DT Competition spokes (36x) - =A315.00=20
- Mavic OpenPro black, 36h - =A320.00=20
------
Grand total: =A3100.00

More or less expensive components can be substituted if you feel the ne= ed. If you're not doing
the job yourself, then you've got to factor labour co= sts in as well. There's also the cost of
sprockets/freewheels as appropriate. Rims are a matter of choice, of course. Alternatives in the
hub departm= ent include the Sovos d/s hub sold by the Bandits, or the Miche track hubs. C= heap
fixed hubs generally have the sort of lifespan you'd associate with snowf= lakes in Hell (IME)

Simon --=20 Simon Ward, Accent Optical Technologies (UK) Ltd., York, YO31 8SD, UK=20 "Perl is the
ideal tool for the inspired slacker who'd rather sing and da= nce than spend longer than they need
to at work ..."=20
- http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2002/12/18/hohoho.= html