FORK FACEOFF:Easton EC90 .vs. Reynolds OuzoPro .vs. Alpha Q Sub3 .vs. Profile AC

In regards to a bad fork, I had a vitus fork on my bike for a few months. That was sooo bad! It flexed heaps!

I swapped it with my brother for his Giant Aero Fork which was about half the weight and infinitely stiffer. He hated me within two days! It flexs at least 10mm forward to back when you put the front brake on. Not just when you are stopped can you notice it. You can even feel it flex when you brake for a corner or traffic light.

It wasnt that cheap, but turned out to be so heavy and flexy and an absolute dud buy!

Another vote for the Muscle fork. I currently ride an Orbea XLR8R with Columbus Muscle fork and Columbus Carver rear seat stays. The handling is lightening fast and precise. Looks great too with the all black and yellow paint scheme!!

I have an EC90, I notice that the shape has changed this season, too bad, it was semiaero. Weighed in at 335 gr. And, it came in RED, the color of my bike ! Hope it lives up to it's reputaion for durability, as, frontal crashes hurt a lot !

lokstah said:
Anybody every ridden a crappy carbon fork? I know they're out there; that's not my point. Most of us have ridden a bike with an old, weak, cheap, or otherwise lousy steel or aluminum fork at some point, and most of us ride carbon forks now that we're happy with.
Anyone had the misfortune to ride on a carbon fork that had an unpleasant ride quality?
Not very new ones, but I had an old Kinesis that was nothing special, but THE WORST FORK I'VE EVER USED, including all materials, was a carbon Profile-Design BSC, with a crom-mo steerer (not sure what year).

This is the stiffest fork I've ever used by so far, it's rediculous -- it did not budge a mm. It even made my old steel frames feel stiff.

Naturally, the side effect of a super-stiff fork is that it cornered like i
was on rails.

puma said:
THE POLL: What fork do you like/think is best?
[based on whatever criterias you wish to make/use in casting your vote]

:D THANKS FOR VOTING :D

======================================

As far as my vote goes, I'm leaning towards the Profile AC.

I upgraded to a Reynolds Ouzo Pro (Aero model) and have been very happy. It saved quite a bit of weight off the stock fork (cromoly steerer) and the ride quality and handling improved quite noticeably. Not to mention, Reynolds forks improve the looks of any bike. Classic.

What about LOOK forks? I have LOOK HSC3 and I think, it is great fork. Many friends have LOOK forks and nobody complained about it. HSC3 is quite flexy, but realy comfortable and that is why I have bought it.

Worst fork for ride comfort I've ridden was the Wound Up. Very hard jolts to the wrists when on rougher roads. But it handled well on downhills and quick turning situations.

The best looking forks IMO are the Columbus Super Muscle and Muscle. Actually, all of the Columbus models look good for their price ranges (Carve, Tusk, & Link). Must be that great Italian styling heritage!

I love the Easton EC90. My brother has one on his bike. It's a SLX. That thing is stupid light. I would get one for my bike, but it just wouldn't look right considering the bike I have now is a Pinarello Dogma.