Frame Info: Monoc compact

G

Hi All,
I am going though the process of replacing my CAAD 5 frame. I have taken a look at a UK frame, the Monoc compact with carbon rear stays. www.monoc.co.uk
Does any one have comments about this?? Pro and cons would be real useful.

Thank you

When I bought a new bike about 4 months ago I also had to choose between a Monoc and a C'dale CAAD 4. The monoc was ALOT cheaper and could get an extra set of Xero lite wheels for the same price as the C'dale. But I did not settle for a brand I did not know. I took the C'dale because of name and reputation. Maybe you should just wait until you come across someone that has ridden both bikes or go to www.roadbikereview.com and see what the people say. - Good luck

I took the C'dale because of name and reputation.

I think my C'dale is the biggest POS around.....why not get something custom built from 853 with carbon stays and forks? boring I know, but it would be a great bike which would last years and years ;D
My Cannondale didn't cost me anything....otherwise i'd have *****ed about it alot more in these forums ;) ......However, I do think I got what I paid for ;D

cheers!

Steve,

What's the problem? The only ****le I have with C'dale is the ride - it's hard as hell.

Other than that I'm quite impressed - good, clean welds, corners like rails, sprints like a demon.....

Hi Steve and Eldron,
Thank you for your imput. I found the handling of my CAAD a true pleasure. One of the first things I did was change the standard carbon fork, for a Italian made straight fork. What a difference. She is more responsive in the corners and not as stiff/hard in the ride. I also replaced the Coda stem with a Cinelli Alter Stem. This leaves no flex in the sprints. Wheels I used were Rolf Vector Comp. As of today I became a proud owner of Mavic Ksyriums, Will let you know how they feel after a couple out rides.

After all this talk, makes me wonder why I want to replace my C'dale. Maybe a CAAD 7................. ;D

I must sy that I love my C'dale. Is is very smooth. One thing I like about the Monocs is that everything on the bike is Monoc branded. From the headset and head spacers to the seatpost and then you can choose between alu or carbon. It is a very nice looking bike. Would like to see how it performs on the pro circuit.

Originally posted by Guest
Hi All,
I am going though the process of replacing my CAAD 5 frame. I have taken a look at a UK frame, the Monoc compact with carbon rear stays. www.monoc.co.uk
Does any one have comments about this?? Pro and cons would be real useful.

Thank you
hi i just bought a monoc i found it second hand for 300 pounds hardly been used i too never herd of this make before i took a chance and i am well pleased with it i would like though to compare this bike with other's did anyone manage to find any good reviews?