Frozen Peas

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill Porter

So I took one for the family team yesterday afteroon and got the fellows snipped. Yep the ole
vasectomy. So for the next day or two I will be setting around chilling out with a bag of frozen
peas on the boys. The doctor says at least two weeks before I can get back on the bike. Advice I
fully plan on heeding. For those of you who have had this done (or know cyclist who have), what was
it like when first getting back into the saddle (besides the obvious dip in cardio)?

Bill "Don't make me laugh, Pleeease!" Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

Bill Porter spray painted on a boxcar:
> So I took one for the family team yesterday afteroon and got the fellows snipped. Yep the ole
> vasectomy. So for the next day or two I will be setting around chilling out with a bag of frozen
> peas on the boys. The doctor says at least two weeks before I can get back on the bike. Advice I
> fully plan on heeding. For those of you who have had this done (or know cyclist who have), what
> was it like when first getting back into the saddle (besides the obvious dip in cardio)?
>
> Bill "Don't make me laugh, Pleeease!" Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

you can laugh when you are guaranteed shooting blanks and have a truly

;-)

> Bill Porter spray painted on a boxcar:
> > So I took one for the family team yesterday afteroon and got the fellows snipped. Yep the ole
> > vasectomy. So for the next day or two I will be setting around chilling out with a bag of frozen
> > peas on the boys. The doctor says at least two weeks before I can get back on the bike. Advice I
> > fully plan on heeding. For those of you who have had this done (or know cyclist who have), what
> > was it like when first getting back into the saddle (besides the obvious dip in cardio)?
> >
> > Bill "Don't make me laugh, Pleeease!" Porter www.mountainbikebill.com
>
> you can laugh when you are guaranteed shooting blanks and have a truly

>
> ;-)

--
Slacker

Slacker wrote:
>>Bill Porter spray painted on a boxcar:
>>
>>>So I took one for the family team yesterday afteroon and got the fellows snipped. Yep the ole
>>>vasectomy. So for the next day or two I will be setting around chilling out with a bag of frozen
>>>peas on the boys. The doctor says at least two weeks before I can get back on the bike. Advice I
>>>fully plan on heeding. For those of you who have had this done (or know cyclist who have), what
>>>was it like when first getting back into the saddle (besides the obvious dip in cardio)?
>>>
>>>Bill "Don't make me laugh, Pleeease!" Porter www.mountainbikebill.com
>>
>>you can laugh when you are guaranteed shooting blanks and have a truly

>>
>>;-)
>
>
>

> --
> Slacker
>
>
Had it done, it seemed that in the course of about two weeks everything was back to normal. The
first week everything was very sore, as you probably know, the second week is MUCH better, after
that is is just like old times. Did your doc tell you to "Flush the pipes" a few times every day?
Interesting, when your at work, tell the boss you have to take a whack-off break, only fair, the
smokers are always standing around. Besides doctors orders ;) I would keep em in the whitey-tighties
for a couple of weeks at least, maybe more, they seem to feel better when they are closer to home.
best of luck.

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 02:57:59 GMT, Jerry Everetts <[email protected]> wrote:

>like old times. Did your doc tell you to "Flush the pipes" a few times every day? Interesting, when
>your at work, tell the boss you have to

Thats my wifes half of the taking one for the team ;- )

Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 01:57:11 GMT, [email protected] (Bill Porter) wrote:

>So I took one for the family team yesterday afteroon and got the fellows snipped. Yep the ole
>vasectomy. So for the next day or two I will be setting around chilling out with a bag of frozen
>peas on the boys. The doctor says at least two weeks before I can get back on the bike. Advice I
>fully plan on heeding. For those of you who have had this done (or know cyclist who have), what was
>it like when first getting back into the saddle (besides the obvious dip in cardio)?
>
>Bill "Don't make me laugh, Pleeease!" Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

I got snipped last week. and My doc only said about a week before riding again. and I only needed
the frozen peas on the first day . the next day I was out and about ( carefully ) . And I actually
sat on a Bike the 5th Day ( yesterday) After all the Doc told me to ease back onto the bike. it
didn't bother me sitting on the saddle Which suprised me , it was actaully Pedalling that bothered
me a little, SO I just rode around the street for 5 minutes with my son and put the bike away again.

My doctor didn't say anything to me about cleaning the pipes ! ..... Oh honey come me for a
couple minutes .

Penny S wrote:

> Bill Porter spray painted on a boxcar:
>
>>So I took one for the family team yesterday afteroon and got the fellows snipped. Yep the ole
>>vasectomy. So for the next day or two I will be setting around chilling out with a bag of frozen
>>peas on the boys. The doctor says at least two weeks before I can get back on the bike. Advice I
>>fully plan on heeding. For those of you who have had this done (or know cyclist who have), what
>>was it like when first getting back into the saddle (besides the obvious dip in cardio)?
>>
>>Bill "Don't make me laugh, Pleeease!" Porter www.mountainbikebill.com
>>
>
> you can laugh when you are guaranteed shooting blanks and have a truly

>
> ;-)
>

That's right. Sitting at stop lights, pulling into Wal-Mart, sitting in church, making dinner in the
kitchen, she's fair game wherever and whenever you want.

Don't get much better-n-that. I'm the wrong guy to ask about when to resume riding, since I
developed this hematoma of blood the size of a baseball and it hurt like nothing I'd felt before.
But for all my friends who've had it done, they just took it easy the first couple rides, then were
back to normal.

Singing soprano, but normal. heheeheh

Paladin

>
>

Bill Porter wrote:

> So I took one for the family team yesterday afteroon and got the fellows snipped. Yep the ole
> vasectomy. So for the next day or two I will be setting around chilling out with a bag of frozen
> peas on the boys. The doctor says at least two weeks before I can get back on the bike. Advice I
> fully plan on heeding. For those of you who have had this done (or know cyclist who have), what
> was it like when first getting back into the saddle (besides the obvious dip in cardio)?
>
>

Half the guys I've talked to about this say they were good to go in a couple of days, the other half
were like me, pain for a week or so, didn't feel like riding for 2 weeks or more.

Since I'm drinking anyway, here's to you being in the first camp!!!

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)

Craig B says:

>Half the guys I've talked to about this say they were good to go in a couple of days, the other
>half were like me, pain for a week or so, didn't feel like riding for 2 weeks or more.

That second one would be me. Not helped by the missus, on the day after the snippage, driving
backwards down the driveway (dirt, about 1/3 mile) with a humungous stick sticking out of the fron
of the car, muttering about green liquid all over the road after she ran into a stick. Could I get
down on the ground and have a look to see if it was safe to drive... Well, since she was 8.75 months
pregnant at the time, and we wanted to kep this one since it would be the last, I obliged. I have
NEVER felt so useless in my life. I had to actually use the grill of the car as a climbing wall to
get upright agaon without too much pain..

Steve "I've remembered it for this year, now I can forget it again..."

"Bill Porter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
>

Evidently I was more fortunate than most. I was back on the bike after three days. I had no pain
other than the first day of frozen peas. I've heard horror stories from others about several weeks
of agonizing pain though.

Ride when you feel convertible doing so.

Gary

[email protected] (Bill Porter) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
>

Oh GAWD!

I mean, CONGRATULATIONS.

/s I'm just as God made me. Well, pretty much.

Bill Porter wrote:
>
>
First time was worse :-( Took a couple weeks before riding and some pain while riding-nothing a
few ibuprofen before riding couldn't handle-for some weeks after. Second time everything worked
out MUCH better. Still about 10 days before riding. Hope your recovery is quick and you're not a
repeat customer.

Cheers, Shawn

> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 02:57:59 GMT, Jerry Everetts <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
> >like old times. Did your doc tell you to "Flush the pipes" a few times every day? Interesting,
> >when your at work, tell the boss you have to
>
> Thats my wifes half of the taking one for the team ;- )

well, a new University of North Carolina Study has shown that women who perform and complete
(without making a mess) the act of oral ******** have a 40% lower chance of getting breast
cancer...... Can't find the link though

Michael

Michael Paul spray painted on a boxcar:
> "Bill Porter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 02:57:59 GMT, Jerry Everetts <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>
>>> like old times. Did your doc tell you to "Flush the pipes" a few times every day? Interesting,
>>> when your at work, tell the boss you have to
>>
>> Thats my wifes half of the taking one for the team ;- )
>
> well, a new University of North Carolina Study has shown that women who perform and complete
> (without making a mess) the act of oral ******** have a 40% lower chance of getting breast
> cancer...... Can't find the link though
>
> Michael

I think the doc is a guy and is in cahoots with the BIll . It's kind of the reverse of what my
midwife told me at my 2 week pospartum check up after #2. You're good to go, but you can tell him I
said 6 weeks if you want.

;-)

Penny

> "Bill Porter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 02:57:59 GMT, Jerry Everetts <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>
>> >like old times. Did your doc tell you to "Flush the pipes" a few times every day? Interesting,
>> >when your at work, tell the boss you have to
>>
>> Thats my wifes half of the taking one for the team ;- )
>
> well, a new University of North Carolina Study has shown that women who perform and complete
> (without making a mess) the act of oral ******** have a 40% lower chance of getting breast
> cancer...... Can't find the link though
>
> Michael

Finally. An indication that our nations universities aren't just teaching
B.S.! Perhaps there is hope for our educational system after all.

Dave (now about that link.)

> Michael Paul spray painted on a boxcar:
>> "Bill Porter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 02:57:59 GMT, Jerry Everetts <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>> like old times. Did your doc tell you to "Flush the pipes" a few times every day? Interesting,
>>>> when your at work, tell the boss you have to
>>>
>>> Thats my wifes half of the taking one for the team ;- )
>>
>> well, a new University of North Carolina Study has shown that women who perform and complete
>> (without making a mess) the act of oral ******** have a 40% lower chance of getting breast
>> cancer...... Can't find the link though
>>
>> Michael
>
> I think the doc is a guy and is in cahoots with the BIll . It's kind of the reverse of what my
> midwife told me at my 2 week pospartum check up after #2. You're good to go, but you can tell him
> I said 6 weeks if you want.
>
> ;-)
>
> Penny

I knew it! A bloody conspiracy I tells ya'

>
>

Did Nurse Ratched have to come after you with a tongue depressor?

Michael

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:39:17 GMT, "Michael Paul" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Did Nurse Ratched have to come after you with a tongue depressor?
>
>Michael
>
No not all. For the rest of you Michael is referring is an accounting of my old boss when he had his
vasectomy done that went something like this.

So this really cute young shapely nurse comes into the room where the procedure is going to be done.
She has him get undressed and get up on the table. Then as part of the procedure she scrubs
everything up. He recounts the she seemed to pay extra attention to his penis and scrubbed in strong
vertical strokes. So the guy could not help himself and became quite aroused. She giggles a little
and says something to the effect of "It happens". Just after that an overweight ugly old nurse comes
walking and sees my boss at "attention" and promptly says "Well we can't have any of that" and whips
out a tongue depressor and while holding one end of the depressor in one hand, pulls back on the
other end with the index finger other hand and then WHACK right on Mr Universe. Instant Deflation!
He thought it was a setup.

Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

Bill Porter wrote:

I remember playing footie with the kids after 7 days. Didnt get a bag of frozen peas tho. Mike

> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:39:17 GMT, "Michael Paul" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>>Did Nurse Ratched have to come after you with a tongue depressor?
>>
>>Michael
>>
> No not all. For the rest of you Michael is referring is an accounting of my old boss when he had
> his vasectomy done that went something like this.
>
> So this really cute young shapely nurse comes into the room where the procedure is going to be
> done. She has him get undressed and get up on the table. Then as part of the procedure she scrubs
> everything up. He recounts the she seemed to pay extra attention to his penis and scrubbed in
> strong vertical strokes. So the guy could not help himself and became quite aroused. She giggles a
> little and says something to the effect of "It happens". Just after that an overweight ugly old
> nurse comes walking and sees my boss at "attention" and promptly says "Well we can't have any of
> that" and whips out a tongue depressor and while holding one end of the depressor in one hand,
> pulls back on the other end with the index finger other hand and then WHACK right on Mr Universe.
> Instant Deflation! He thought it was a setup.
>
> Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com
>
>

It's no wonder I hate going to the doctor....

Status
Not open for further replies.