Full suss MTB suitable for 'er indoors

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Fred Fragger, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 at 18:01 GMT, Fred Fragger penned:
    ><old jokes> Why is a wedding dress white? - to match all the kitchen appliances. Why do women have
    >small feet? - so they can stand closer to the sink </old jokes>

    Thank god! I finally have an excuse to not do chores! ("Sorry, my feet are too big for that.")

    --
    monique PLEASE don't CC me. Please. Pretty please with sugar on top. Whatever it takes, just don't
    CC me! I'm already subscribed!!

  2. On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 at 19:10 GMT, Jonesy penned:
    > [email protected] (MTBScottie) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >> Umm, what about the Santa Cruz Julianna? I also know if you look around the Specialized website
    >> you'll find a few women specific frames, along with Cannondale too.
    >
    > Hilarious. The scotty-dog handing out recommendations for women-specific bikes.
    >
    > Ever ride one, sonny? -- Jonesy

    He wasn't recommending. He was pointing out the existence of WSD bikes.

    --

  3. Fred Fragger wrote:
    > I'm going to the bank to get some money and then I'm going out for the evening with some very
    > close friends and I'll probably get a little drunk)

    Thanks makes perfect sense now. Be careful though you don't become 'is indoors having a gay time
    tonight ;-)

    --
    Perre

  4. x

    x Guest

    RE/
    >Heh, the saddle on her current bike is like a bloody sofa!
    >
    >Full suspension bike, gel saddle with elastomer suspension - all she needs is a suspension
    >seatpost now.

    I'd bet on saddle angle as the most important factor. Get her a microadjustable seatpost - one with
    two screws. I find a quarter turn is noticible and a half turn can make the diff between being
    comfortable and not.

    A lot of full sus bikes have a Y-shaped frame - and that's probably the leg-over factor.

    I would disagree that a sus post is as good as a sus frame. I've got a ThudBuster on my hardtail
    and, effective as it is, I'm always glad to be back on my full sus.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  5. Geedubb

    Geedubb Guest

    snip

    > Later,
    >
    > Fred
    >
    > I'm off to the jug now to draw some wedge then I'm off out with some diamond geezers to get
    > bladdered.
    >
    > (I'm going to the bank to get some money and then I'm going out for the evening with some very
    > close friends and I'll probably get a little drunk)

    Thanks for the translation as I would never have gotten that.

    Additionally, I'm crossing the pond in March and would like recommendations for areas to ride and
    places to rent mtb's. Haven't got any iteneray as of yet except for the first weekend which will be
    in the greater London area and Monday through Thursday are wide open at this point.

    Gary

  6. Fred Fragger

    Fred Fragger Guest

    "GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > snip
    >

    > > Later,
    > >
    > > Fred
    > >
    > > I'm off to the jug now to draw some wedge then I'm off out with some diamond geezers to get
    > > bladdered.
    > >
    > > (I'm going to the bank to get some money and then I'm going out for the evening with some very
    > > close friends and I'll probably get a little drunk)
    >
    > Thanks for the translation as I would never have gotten that.
    >
    > Additionally, I'm crossing the pond in March and would like
    recommendations
    > for areas to ride and places to rent mtb's. Haven't got any iteneray as
    of
    > yet except for the first weekend which will be in the greater London area and Monday through
    > Thursday are wide open at this point.
    >
    > Gary

    I live in Ipswich about 70 miles NE of London. It's pretty flat up here unfortunately.

    I'd suggest going here: http://www.mtbroutes.com/index.jsp and seeing if anything takes your fancy.

    Go to England on the menu and then South & South East for places within easy reach of London.

    I reckon you need to go to Wales, The Lake District or Scotland for the real wild & hairy stuff but
    no doubt someone will come along and correct me in a moment :). March is NOT a good month (weather
    wise) to visit the UK I'm afraid (unless you like rain that is!).

    Later,

    Fred

  7. Geedubb

    Geedubb Guest

    snip .

    > I reckon you need to go to Wales, The Lake District or Scotland for the real wild & hairy stuff
    > but no doubt someone will come along and correct me in a moment :). March is NOT a good month
    > (weather wise) to visit the UK I'm afraid (unless you like rain that is!).
    >

    > Later,
    >
    > Fred

    Thanks Fred. I'm no expert either, I just like to ride. A bigger challenge will be driving!

    As for the time of year, BA was running a deal (rt air for 2, non stop from Phoenix AZ, USA for
    less than $1000 American). My 6 and 8 yr old kids have that week off so they won't miss any school
    (and my niece is taking care of them <:)-}. ) We don't see much rain here so I might actually
    enjoy the wet!

    The Lake District is on our list as most have recommended it. We won't be there long enough to go to
    Scotland.....another time I suppose.

    I'll check out the site and pack my rain gear. If nothing else, I've got my coffee buddies to hang
    out with when I'm there. And I plan on taking up beer drinking again <g>.

    Gary

  8. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    Zilla wrote:

    > "Kathleen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Monique Y. Herman wrote:
    >>

    >>>I like the champion doubledry stuff, but I apparently have a lot more, um, bounce-tolerance than
    >>>a lot of women with my proportions. As with bikes, try, try, try before you buy.
    >>
    >>Comments from well-endowed friends on bras purchased from Title 9:
    >>
    >>Champion Double-Dry Jog Bra: Not enough support for high impact activities if you're a D or DD.
    >>"I put this one on and jogged in place in front of the mirror. I stopped but my chest kept right
    >>on going."
    >>
    >>Answer-To-Your Prayers Bra: Not bad. Comfortable enough to wear all day, good support. Too bad it
    >>doesn't come in black.
    >>
    >>Bounceless Bra: Weird fit - Band seemed to be the right size, but rubbed. Butt ugly; industrial
    >>looking.
    >>
    >>Wired and Ready for Action: Favorite. Good support, comes in a huge range of sizes, available
    >>in black.
    >>
    >>http://www.title9sports.com/jump.jsp?itemType=CATEGORY&itemID=26
    >>
    >>As always, your mileage may vary.
    >>
    >>Kathleen
    >>

    > What about the Anna Kornikova bra?

    Sorry, I guess the whooshing sound was that comment going right over my head....

    Kathleen

  9. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 at 19:10 GMT, Jonesy penned:
    > > Hilarious. The scotty-dog handing out recommendations for women-specific bikes.
    > >
    > > Ever ride one, sonny? -- Jonesy
    >
    > He wasn't recommending. He was pointing out the existence of WSD bikes.

    Only a complete dummie would think that WSD bikes aren't common knowledge.

    JD

  10. When did you decide to become a nut bar ?

    "Fred Fragger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > 'evenin' all,
    >
    > 'er indoors has taken to MTBing big time since we bought her one last spring. She currently has a
    > cheapo full-suss steel-framed jobbie that
    weighs
    > about 7 ton and she really needs to move on. I've tried to talk her into a hardtail but she likes
    > the way her current bike protects her more delicate parts and insists on suspension front & back.
    >
    > She's also a short-arse (5'2") and doesn't like getting her leg over if
    you

    > So, looking for a cheapish full suss bike, available in the UK for less
    than
    > 500 quid?
    >
    > Don't want much do I?
    >
    > Later,
    >
    > Fred
    >
    > Looks like a wet weekend - bugger. Still I can stay in at watch England
    show
    > those Aussies how to play rugby in the morning :)

  11. Jonesy

    Jonesy Guest

    "Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 at 19:10 GMT, Jonesy penned:
    > > [email protected] (MTBScottie) wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >
    > >> Umm, what about the Santa Cruz Julianna? I also know if you look around the Specialized website
    > >> you'll find a few women specific frames, along with Cannondale too.
    > >
    > > Hilarious. The scotty-dog handing out recommendations for women-specific bikes.
    > >
    > > Ever ride one, sonny? -- Jonesy
    >
    > He wasn't recommending. He was pointing out the existence of WSD bikes.

    I recognize that. It was a jab at scotty-dog in light of all the crap he's spewed here over "you've
    never owned one."

    But you are a relative newcomer, so you may not be aware of that.
    --
    Jonesy

  12. Fred Fragger

    Fred Fragger Guest

    > > Anyway, 'nuff of this girlie bra stuff, I'm a rough, tough male bike rider for christ's sake!!

    Bra sorted - www.wiggle.co.uk / just for women (top menu) / scroll down (quite a way) for
    Sportjock(!) Super Sport Bra.

    Oh, and I overdid it with the size she tells me, 44F not 48F!

    Later

    Fred