Garmen GPS on a bent - was Newbie speedometer problem

John Duval

Guest
I have a Garmin GPSMAP 60C, but I have not found a bicycle mount for it yet.
It looks similar to other models that do have available bicycle mounts, but
I am not sure they would work just from an online listing. Anybody know?

It also has only roads in it, no bike routs or paths. Is there another map
product for Garmen that adds this detail?

Still seems like a beast to use all the time, and having a bike specific
odometer is good too.

> I use GPS (Garmin Venture) as my speedometer! No calibration needed. It
> gives speed, average speed, maximum speed and distance traveled plus
> tracking records. I can easily move it amoung several bikes I have.
> After I got my first 'bent', a Revive, about a month ago my GPS is
> always attached to the Revive.
>

> --

I have been waiting for RAM to come out with a mount for the 60c before
buying one. I use a Garmin eMap with a Ram mount on the handle bars of my
Bacchetta Strada.

Call TV Nav the number is on www.tvnav.com if anyone knows if the RAM mount
is availible for that unit he does.

The answer to bike routes is no. Most bike routes are built on old rail
roads, the maps show the rails.

GPS odometers do not need and can not be calibrated.

news:eek:[email protected]...

John Duval wrote:
> I have a Garmin GPSMAP 60C, but I have not found a bicycle mount for it
> yet. It looks similar to other models that do have available bicycle
> mounts, but I am not sure they would work just from an online listing.
> Anybody know?
> It also has only roads in it, no bike routs or paths. Is there another
> map product for Garmen that adds this detail?
> Still seems like a beast to use all the time, and having a bike specific
> odometer is good too.
> > I use GPS (Garmin Venture) as my speedometer! No calibration needed.
> > It gives speed, average speed, maximum speed and distance traveled
> > plus tracking records. I can easily move it amoung several bikes I
> > have. After I got my first 'bent', a Revive, about a month ago my GPS
> > is always attached to the Revive.
> >

> > --

I made bicycle mount for my Venture by using old CatEye light base with
some rubber bands! Works perfect. If you are going to use GPS as
speedometer you do not need maps. For unmapped trail you can eassly make
your own map with your GPS Ruchai