Garmin Edge 800 Vs Touring

Oh for ***** sake! Moron-boy was whining about this same ******** on the Garmin Forum back in March of 2014! And the dipshit STILL hasn't figured it out!!!

Alf ain't got nuthin' on you, brother.

https://forums.garmin.com/archive/index.php/t-78910.html

Swampy1970
03-23-2014, 06:32 PM

Can anyone recommend a usb cable that'd I could use on my 810 while using the Garmin Out Front mount? I have an FSA OS-99 CSI stem and regardless of what angle I have the Garmin mount, the cable is bent so much that it discolors and invariably within a few hours it stops working. This is the case with the Garmin supplied cable (which is long since dead and in the garbage - where my 810 is likely heading too) and a couple of other cables...
... I'm starting to remember why my old Garmin GPS in the car met a planned and very destructive ending.

And not a single reply! EVERYONE had you on ignore. And in a year and a half you still haven't solved your problem! AND continue to whine about it. Engrishman, you'll fit into the American culture purrrrfectly.

And WTF are you doing that would cause plastic to 'discolor'??? Oh....I know! It's the wireless transmission of so much power through the ether...just like Nicky Tesla theorized before Edison put him under for the third time...got to be! Either that or the '1 MM air gap' is missing. If so...please see your smarter brother, Alf. That's his area of 'ex-spurt-tease'.

Yeesh.

I expect nothing more than buying something and it working. You buy the kit and it should all fit. Simple really...

... but apparently not so.

You seem to gush buckets of man goo over Campag yet don't ride it. That's the really dumbest thing on this board.

The Garmin line works for 99.9% of humanity. And despite the multiple solutions presented to your one-in-a-million easily addressed application, you find it more appropriate to bawl on the internet.

I'm not surprised the words 'FAIL' and 'SWAMI' have appeared in the same threads over and over and over.

Keep whining, moron. Perhaps you and Alf can put your two empty skulls together and get your 'discolored' cable an 'air gap'.

Yet another solution. One that includes a backup battery and a 90° USB cable. Feel free to whine about it, also.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/321778284727?

bGnN40B.jpg

Yo! I knew you liked mounts so I got yo a mount to mount your mount on, yo.

Problem solved!

98 grams of anodized aluminum lightness and style in three available colors to cause you only minimal whining.

Extra battery power for those stupid rides in the dark that caused you to whine when your battery died at the time actually specified on the box your Garmin came in.

Includes a 90° replacement cable for your 'discolored' cable that caused you to whine for over a year and a half despite solutions being available at your fingertips for that entire period of time.

Out front mounting so you don't have to whine about the computer being 3" more rearward than something that would not otherwise cause you to whine, despite being fully usable with a USB cable in that position.

No Hirth Joint Air Gap™ that would cause you to whine to your brother.

Awesome randyknees solutions for the one tenth of the one percent that eliminates whining.

A Whine-whine solution!

ebay_img02.jpg

39 grams and some carbon bling! Mount yo mount on dis mount, yo! Yo 'discolored' USB cable will fitty wit da fiddy! No bending required fo da randyknees. No whining required. Get yo fine whiner self sum righty offa da eBay, broseph.

CAMPYBOB said:
39 grams and some carbon bling! Mount yo mount on dis mount, yo!

Is it Next Level™®© - CNC Milled by stoner hipster chicks in Chicago? :D

Yes! Califoritard will take it to...The Next Level! It's the only solution he isn't aware of! 270° connectors with uber-micro USB adapter ports that include aereodynamic wings to improve his speed between Blue Oyster Bars Control Points!​ Tactical tactile Touch Screen Buttons with Strava Segment Approach timing pre-activated! Order today! Supplies are running out. Allow 6 to 8 years to arrive! And if the offer is shunned, you might as well be walking on the sun.

Garmin...Made for everyone except Swami1970!

You know... Alot of times when I go for a ride I feel like a Hobo... :DD

I got my goody goody shoes... My easy dry clothes... A hat for the sun and rain and my little bag of tricks. :D

Full pockets and I keep an eye on my stick every time I sit somewhere...

Or maybe like a Gypsy... Dunno. :D

OK so... How about:

A MOUNT MADE FROM A 3D PRINTER THAT WAS CNC MILLED BY EX DRUG DEALER HIPSTERS CHICKS FROM THE 3d CHANCE PROGRAM OF THE LIBERAL COMMUNIST PARTY OF TEXAS? :D

You can buy a 3D printer now for about $1000-$2500.

I'm really shocked (Shocked! I tell you!) that Swami doesn't buy one and go into business for himself manufacturing 1/2" longer Garmin mounts for the millions of three people on the planet that can't figure out how to randyknees with a Garmin successfully.

I want the new 520 w/mapping, but my now obsolete 510 (which obsoleted the 500) is only about a year old. I guess I could dedicate a Garmin to every bike and put the Cateye Stealth 50 on the track bike.

Sounds like they went "Apple Style"... ;) Did they start changing the charger every 3 months too? :D

Probably better of with one of those utilitarian Lezynes...

If they are out already...

Do you feel firmware lucky? : :D

"The computers are set up mainly as data capture devices, so initially the GPS is for tracking your ride, not telling you where to go. One of their engineers told us turn by turn directions or mapping could be added as a firmware upgrade later, but for now they just wanted to get something out there that anyone could use."

Pikchures of that which is impossible according to da engrish boy.

3-IMG_7934.jpg

CAMPYBOB said:
bots.

A world full of bots.

Oh man its 2015. Shouldnt I have an e-girlfriend by now?

Just terminators and spam bots so far! Its not fair! :D

An e-gurlfriend? No love there...just like in real life!

At the very least you should have a mount for your imaginary Garmin 1000 randyknees device. With backup external powah supply. What with it being 2015 and all.