G'day - and long sleeved jersey recommendations?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by wheeler, Jan 14, 2005.

  1. wheeler

    wheeler Guest

    Hello all,

    A quick question...can anyone recommend a long sleeve jersey that's a) not
    too hot (I overheat very easily) and b) loose fitting? I like the look of
    the Ground Effect Rock Lobster - but how likely am I to get clobbered for
    import taxes etc? (should have bought while in New Zealand!) Any other
    recommendations gladly taken.

    I used to be an occasional poster before I went to NZ and really wasn't very
    UK for a while :) Nice to see the urc community is still in good shape! And
    congrats to whoever wrote the succinct, impartial description of the h****t
    debate on the FAQ - should be essential reading prior to ranting (from
    either direction).

    Cheers
    Ben
    (still wearing b**shorts, sorry)
    (double sorry, mentioned the b and h words in the same post)

    ***********************
    Spam trap: Replace spamisdoomed with ben

    Tags:

  2. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hello all,
    >
    > A quick question...can anyone recommend a long sleeve jersey that's a) not
    > too hot (I overheat very easily) and b) loose fitting? I like the look of
    > the Ground Effect Rock Lobster - but how likely am I to get clobbered for
    > import taxes etc? (should have bought while in New Zealand!) Any other
    > recommendations gladly taken.
    >
    > I used to be an occasional poster before I went to NZ and really wasn't
    > very UK for a while :) Nice to see the urc community is still in good
    > shape! And congrats to whoever wrote the succinct, impartial description
    > of the h****t debate on the FAQ - should be essential reading prior to
    > ranting (from either direction).

    Take your pick at Wiggle:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?Category=jerseys - l/sleeve

    I use Gore wear like this:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5300006431

    I can't work out if you are in NZ or UK at the moment. Presumably UK as you
    wouldn't need long sleeves in NZ as it's the middle of summer! Wiggle do not
    deliver outside UK though.

    --
    Simon Mason
    Anlaby

  3. wheeler

    wheeler Guest

    <snip>
    > I use Gore wear like this:
    > http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5300006431

    Thanks Simon - I hadn't seen this and looks like the right kind of thing!

    > I can't work out if you are in NZ or UK at the moment. Presumably UK as
    > you wouldn't need long sleeves in NZ as it's the middle of summer! Wiggle
    > do not deliver outside UK though.

    Back in the UK now :-( Although with the summer they've been having, NZ
    riders are probably still in long sleeves too...
    Cheers
    Ben