General advice and info for cycle owners:

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Shaun Rimmer, Mar 18, 2003.

  1. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Make sure your wheel bearings are properly greased.

    Pedalling forwards tends to move you forwards. Pedalling backwards except in rare cases, won't make
    you go backwards.

    It is generally agreed that the wheels should be below the bulk of the rider. My personal experience
    backs this up.

    If you are without a saddle, stand.

    For steering control, knees are no substitute for hands.

    Your bike will get dirty sometimes.

    Bikes should have two wheels. Check you have the correct number of wheels on your bike
    before using it.

    If your bike stops part way up a hill, adding petrol won't help. Related to this, your bike will not
    go faster if you twist the right hand grip (it will likely just fall off eventually).

    HTH, happy bicycling!

    Shaun aRe

    Tags:

  2. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    > If your bike stops part way up a hill, adding petrol won't help. Related to this, your bike will
    > not go faster if you twist the right hand grip (it will likely just fall off eventually).

    Actually, twisting the right hand grip on uphills often does make me go faster :)

    > HTH, happy bicycling!

    Thanks. You too.

  3. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:18:37 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Make sure your wheel bearings are properly greased.
    >
    >Pedalling forwards tends to move you forwards. Pedalling backwards except in rare cases, won't make
    >you go backwards.
    >
    >It is generally agreed that the wheels should be below the bulk of the rider. My personal
    >experience backs this up.
    >
    >If you are without a saddle, stand.
    >
    >For steering control, knees are no substitute for hands.
    >
    >Your bike will get dirty sometimes.
    >
    >Bikes should have two wheels. Check you have the correct number of wheels on your bike before
    >using it.
    >
    >If your bike stops part way up a hill, adding petrol won't help. Related to this, your bike will
    >not go faster if you twist the right hand grip (it will likely just fall off eventually).
    >
    >HTH, happy bicycling!
    >

    >Shaun aRe

    Nice, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
    :-]

  4. Westie

    Westie Guest

    > Make sure your wheel bearings are properly greased.
    >
    > Pedalling forwards tends to move you forwards. Pedalling backwards except
    in
    > rare cases, won't make you go backwards.
    >
    > It is generally agreed that the wheels should be below the bulk of the rider. My personal
    > experience backs this up.
    >
    > If you are without a saddle, stand.
    >
    > For steering control, knees are no substitute for hands.
    >
    > Your bike will get dirty sometimes.
    >
    > Bikes should have two wheels. Check you have the correct number of wheels
    on
    > your bike before using it.
    >
    > If your bike stops part way up a hill, adding petrol won't help. Related
    > this, your bike will not go faster if you twist the right hand grip (it
    will
    > likely just fall off eventually).
    >
    > HTH, happy bicycling!
    >

    > Shaun aRe

    :) Thanks Shaun.

    Westie

  5. Shaun says:

    <snip "good" advice>

    Isn't it funny how you can tell what Shaun's been up to on his bike without an RR?

    ;-P

    Steve

  6. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Shaun says:
    >
    > <snip "good" advice>
    >
    > Isn't it funny how you can tell what Shaun's been up to on his bike
    without an
    > RR?

    Yeah, hilarious! I can just add to the snipped advice with:

    After adding petrol to your stalled bike and not getting the desired results, do not resort to
    sitting by the bike and lighting up a cigarette to calm your temper and nerves - it will have quite
    the opposite effect.....

    > ;-P
    >
    > Steve

    Shaun aRe

  7. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    > Make sure your wheel bearings are properly greased.
    >
    > Pedalling forwards tends to move you forwards. Pedalling backwards except
    in
    > rare cases, won't make you go backwards.
    >
    > It is generally agreed that the wheels should be below the bulk of the rider. My personal
    > experience backs this up.
    >
    > If you are without a saddle, stand.
    >
    > For steering control, knees are no substitute for hands.
    >
    > Your bike will get dirty sometimes.
    >
    > Bikes should have two wheels. Check you have the correct number of wheels
    on
    > your bike before using it.
    >
    > If your bike stops part way up a hill, adding petrol won't help. Related
    > this, your bike will not go faster if you twist the right hand grip (it
    will
    > likely just fall off eventually).
    >
    > HTH, happy bicycling!
    >

    > Shaun aRe

    Fecking funny, you fecking fecker.

    Confucious he say man who take seatpost with him get bicycle stolen by arseless man.

    Andy Chequer

  8. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message

    > > Make sure your wheel bearings are properly greased.
    > >
    > > Pedalling forwards tends to move you forwards. Pedalling backwards
    except
    > in
    > > rare cases, won't make you go backwards.
    > >
    > > It is generally agreed that the wheels should be below the bulk of the rider. My personal
    > > experience backs this up.
    > >
    > > If you are without a saddle, stand.
    > >
    > > For steering control, knees are no substitute for hands.
    > >
    > > Your bike will get dirty sometimes.
    > >
    > > Bikes should have two wheels. Check you have the correct number of
    wheels
    > on
    > > your bike before using it.
    > >
    > > If your bike stops part way up a hill, adding petrol won't help. Related
    > > this, your bike will not go faster if you twist the right hand grip (it
    > will
    > > likely just fall off eventually).
    > >
    > > HTH, happy bicycling!
    > >

    > > Shaun aRe
    >
    > Fecking funny, you fecking fecker.

    Eye tank ewe for your kind words, Andyrew.

    > Confucious he say man who take seatpost with him get bicycle stolen by arseless man.

    Sods Law.

    Shaun aRe

  9. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Shaun R says:
    >
    > >> Confucious he say man who take seatpost with him get bicycle stolen by arseless man.
    > >
    > >Sods Law.
    >
    > Nice one, Cyril!
    >
    > Steve

    Heh - was hoping someone would get it. Suppose you'll have to do ',;~}

    Shaun aRe