George W. Bush

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.soc' started by Mike Vandeman, Nov 3, 2004.

  1. Ian St. John

    Ian St. John Guest

    the Moderator wrote:
    > "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdon'twantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com>
    > wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >>> (7) is almost universally hated around the world.

    >> We don't like the monkey man over here. Particularly vexing is his
    >> abreviation of "terrorism" to "turr".
    >>
    >> Andy Chequer
    >>

    > The President may mispronounce a word, but he does not mispronounce
    > his intent.

    Bullshit.. I hope... well, maybe you are right...

    "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are
    we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways
    to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

    -GWB while signing the Department of Defense Appropriations Act of 2005

  2. di

    di Guest

    > The saddest thing about this election is that so many Americans support a
    > "president" who (1) was not legitimately elected, (2) violates binding

    treaties,
    > (3) puts the profits of corporations above the protection of our health

    and our
    > environment, (4) waged war without the Congressional declaration of war

    required
    > by our Constitution, (5) killed approximately 40 times as many innocent

    people
    > as Osama Bin Laden, (6) has no respect for the United Nations, and (7) is

    almost
    > universally hated around the world. And we are expected to be PROUD to be

    an
    > American? Not at the moment.
    >
    > Michael J. Vandeman
    >
    > ===
    >
    > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

    well now that Mike has spoken just confirms we made the right decision with
    our vote,

  3. "Shawn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >
    > > (2) violates binding treaties,
    > >
    > > Big deal, other countries that pollute even more are not even covered.

    And
    > > the treaties drive jobs away.

    > What does pollution have to do with the Anti Ballistic Missile Treaty?
    > Jobs and ABM?

    Coming live and direct from ca.environment, and looking at the other
    newsgroups targetted by Vandeman, makes it clear to me that he is talking
    about the Koyoto Treaty, nothing else.

    You might think he is making reference to a different treaty, but you don't
    know Mike very well if you think he cares about anything other than his
    whacked out view of the environment. I do not suggest that taking a position
    on the environment is whacked out, I only suggest that the view that Mike
    has is whacked out.

  4. Scott Burley

    Scott Burley Guest

    On 03 Nov 2004, the cheeks of Ian St. John parted, and a trumpetous
    noise emerged:

    > international security, public access, human rights, and social
    > stability.

    Social stability is boring. "Society is like a stew. If you don't keep it
    stirred up, you get a lot of scum on top." -- Edward Abbey

    --
    __ __ _ ___ ___
    / _|/ _/ |_ _|_ _|

    [email protected]

  5. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    <snup>
    > American? Not at the moment.
    >
    > Michael J. Vandeman

    If it makes you feel any better I wrote your name in. ;^)

    Mike

  6. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    Jeff Strickland wrote:
    > "Shawn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >>

    >>>(2) violates binding treaties,
    >>>
    >>>Big deal, other countries that pollute even more are not even covered.

    > And
    >
    >>>the treaties drive jobs away.

    >>What does pollution have to do with the Anti Ballistic Missile Treaty?
    >>Jobs and ABM?
    >>

    > Coming live and direct from ca.environment, and looking at the other
    > newsgroups targetted by Vandeman, makes it clear to me that he is talking
    > about the Koyoto Treaty, nothing else.
    >
    > You might think he is making reference to a different treaty, but you don't
    > know Mike very well if you think he cares about anything other than his
    > whacked out view of the environment. I do not suggest that taking a position
    > on the environment is whacked out, I only suggest that the view that Mike
    > has is whacked out.

    Kyoto wasn't ratified by the Senate. ABM was, and yes Vandamage is a
    wack job.

    Shawn

  7. Rufio

    Rufio Guest

    "Scott Burley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On 03 Nov 2004, the cheeks of Ian St. John parted, and a trumpetous
    > noise emerged:
    >
    > > international security, public access, human rights, and social
    > > stability.

    > Social stability is boring. "Society is like a stew. If you don't keep it
    > stirred up, you get a lot of scum on top." -- Edward Abbey
    >
    > --
    > __ __ _ ___ ___
    > / _|/ _/ |_ _|_ _|
    > \_ ( (( o | | | |
    > |__/\__\_/|_| |_|
    >
    > [email protected]

    One mans stirring is another mans oppression - it depends wich side of the
    barracade you're on.

  8. Birdman42

    Birdman42 Guest

    > The saddest thing about this election is that so many Americans support a
    > "president" who (1) was not legitimately elected, (2) violates binding

    treaties,
    > (3) puts the profits of corporations above the protection of our health

    and our
    > environment, (4) waged war without the Congressional declaration of war

    required
    > by our Constitution, (5) killed approximately 40 times as many innocent

    people
    > as Osama Bin Laden, (6) has no respect for the United Nations, and (7) is

    almost
    > universally hated around the world. And we are expected to be PROUD to be

    an
    > American? Not at the moment.
    >
    > Michael J. Vandeman
    >
    > ===
    >
    > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

    You forgot the environment just got royally screwed...again.

  9. Gary S.

    Gary S. Guest

    On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 18:04:59 -0500, "Birdman42" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> The saddest thing about this election is that so many Americans support a
    >> "president" who (1) was not legitimately elected, (2) violates binding

    >treaties,

    Let me guess what Mikie actually did in this recent election:

    " "

    or in math terms, ~0

    >You forgot the environment just got royally screwed...again.

    Some of the people trashing the environment, believe that the world is
    about to end, as forecast in the Book of Revelations.

    If the world is about to end, there is no need to preserve it, because
    the Battle of Armageddon will destroy it all anyway, then the true
    believers go to heaven.

    Some consider this fiction, others consider it next week's news.

    Happy trails,
    Gary (net.yogi.bear)

    Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA

  10. Goodoz

    Goodoz Guest

    (1) Despite incorrect and deliberate media declarations of a Gore victory in
    Florida that resulted in THOUSANDS of panhandle voters not casting their
    ballot, the Supreme Court ratified GW's nomination -- Legal.
    (2) Treaty violation would be recognized by NATO and the UN. It would also
    be blown all over the place by the Media. Now, with the Media's hatred of
    GW, we would have heard about that (even if they attained the info from a
    forged document...ask Dan Rather!!).
    (3) Afghanistan and Iraq were/are overpopulated with dangerous ASSHOLES that
    will give their own life to kill innocent civilians. These ASSHOLES have
    demonstrated that they will hijack aircraft from within our borders and kill
    thousands in one sweep if we don't kill them first. September 11 was
    neither healthy for people, or the environment. One must consider
    priorities....er eh, nevermind...you obviously don't get it.
    (4) The president does not have the authority to envoke power that is not
    specifically given to him by our Constitution. If he does, we have a little
    thing called Impeachment (Did you know that Clinton's impeachment papers are
    on display in the Smithsonian? Awesome!!!) Further, your side's precious
    UN gave global authorization to wage war on Iraq if they violated sanctions
    back in 1991...Sadam repeatedly commited violations.
    (5) Hmmmmm, let's see. About 3000 innocent, non military lives were taken
    by ASSHOLES on September 11. By your figures, 120,000 innocents have been
    killed by GW??? Back that up (or, put it in as a suggestion on Rather's
    website!!)
    (6) According to the popular vote yesterday, MOST Americans don't have any
    respect for the UN.
    (7) You are finally correct!!! ASSHOLE Terrorists are everywhere in this
    world and they hate all All Americans (including the president). And GW has
    found a sweet spot in the MidEast where they are coming to us...by the
    thousands. Bringem' on baby!!!

    I'm very proud to be an American...And you sir, are a disgrace.

    Goodoz
    (Patriot and Liberator of overgrown forest that is crying to become a bike
    trail)

    > The saddest thing about this election is that so many Americans support a
    > "president" who (1) was not legitimately elected, (2) violates binding

    treaties,
    > (3) puts the profits of corporations above the protection of our health

    and our
    > environment, (4) waged war without the Congressional declaration of war

    required
    > by our Constitution, (5) killed approximately 40 times as many innocent

    people
    > as Osama Bin Laden, (6) has no respect for the United Nations, and (7) is

    almost
    > universally hated around the world. And we are expected to be PROUD to be

    an
    > American? Not at the moment.
    >
    > Michael J. Vandeman
    >
    > ===
    >
    > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  11. On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 09:17:46 -0800, bri719 <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    ..Mike Vandeman wrote:
    ..
    ..>The saddest thing about this election is that so many Americans support a
    ..>"president" who (1) was not legitimately elected,
    ..>
    ..this time:
    ..a) 31 states to 19 + DC
    ..b) majority of electoral vote
    ..c) no popular vote disagreement with the electoral college
    ..d) _majority_ of the popular vote!
    ..
    ..just because you didn't recognize it the last time isn't our
    ..problem...but now you have no debate.
    ..
    ..bri

    BS. I am sure that the election was rigged by Republican secretaries of state
    etc.
    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  12. On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 20:25:33 +0000 (UTC), "Coyoteboy" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    ..Is nowhere safe from the political discussion? Even here in our forum of
    ..leisure we must discuss who said what and who does what in politics? Give it
    ..a rest guys - if you want to discuss it go to the bar or your local
    ..political debate club, leave this area bike related.
    ..
    ..J

    Oh, yes, I forgot: Bush IS a mountain biker. So it's relevant.
    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  13. On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:30:37 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

    ..
    .."Shawn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    ..news:[email protected]
    ..> Jeff Strickland wrote:
    ..>
    ..> > (2) violates binding treaties,
    ..> >
    ..> > Big deal, other countries that pollute even more are not even covered.
    ..And
    ..> > the treaties drive jobs away.
    ..>
    ..> What does pollution have to do with the Anti Ballistic Missile Treaty?
    ..> Jobs and ABM?
    ..>
    ..
    ..Coming live and direct from ca.environment, and looking at the other
    ..newsgroups targetted by Vandeman, makes it clear to me that he is talking
    ..about the Koyoto Treaty, nothing else.

    No, the ABM.

    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  14. On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:14:01 -0600, "the Moderator" <[email protected]_spam_engineer.com>
    wrote:

    ..
    .."Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdon'twantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in
    ..message news:[email protected]
    ..> >(7) is almost universally hated around the world.
    ..>
    ..> We don't like the monkey man over here. Particularly vexing is his
    ..> abreviation of "terrorism" to "turr".
    ..>
    ..> Andy Chequer
    ..>
    ..
    ..The President may mispronounce a word, but he does not mispronounce his
    ..intent.

    Yes, he does. His intent was and is to get his hands on Iraqi oil.
    ===

  15. On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 17:21:12 -0500, "Ian St. John" <[email protected]> wrote:

    ..the Moderator wrote:
    ..> "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdon'twantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com>
    ..> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    ..>>> (7) is almost universally hated around the world.
    ..>>
    ..>> We don't like the monkey man over here. Particularly vexing is his
    ..>> abreviation of "terrorism" to "turr".
    ..>>
    ..>> Andy Chequer
    ..>>
    ..>
    ..> The President may mispronounce a word, but he does not mispronounce
    ..> his intent.
    ..
    ..Bullshit.. I hope... well, maybe you are right...
    ..
    .."Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are
    ..we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways
    ..to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
    ..
    ..-GWB while signing the Department of Defense Appropriations Act of 2005

    Good one! Thanks.
    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  16. On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 18:04:59 -0500, "Birdman42" <[email protected]> wrote:

    ..
[...]
    ..> ===
    ..> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
    ..> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
    ..> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
    ..>
    ..> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
    ..
    ..You forgot the environment just got royally screwed...again.

    I didn't forget it. See # 3.
    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  17. On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 18:41:10 -0500, "Goodoz" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    ..(1) Despite incorrect and deliberate media declarations of a Gore victory in
    ..Florida that resulted in THOUSANDS of panhandle voters not casting their
    ..ballot, the Supreme Court ratified GW's nomination -- Legal.

    BS. The Supreme Court STOPPED the vote count. ILLEGAL.

    ..(2) Treaty violation would be recognized by NATO and the UN. It would also
    ..be blown all over the place by the Media. Now, with the Media's hatred of
    ..GW, we would have heard about that (even if they attained the info from a
    ..forged document...ask Dan Rather!!).

    Can you say "ABM"?

    ..(3) Afghanistan and Iraq were/are overpopulated with dangerous ASSHOLES that
    ..will give their own life to kill innocent civilians. These ASSHOLES have
    ..demonstrated that they will hijack aircraft from within our borders and kill
    ..thousands in one sweep if we don't kill them first. September 11 was
    ..neither healthy for people, or the environment. One must consider
    ..priorities....er eh, nevermind...you obviously don't get it.

    Uh, you conveniently "forgot" that the hijackers came from Saudi Arabia.

    ..(4) The president does not have the authority to envoke power that is not
    ..specifically given to him by our Constitution. If he does, we have a little
    ..thing called Impeachment (Did you know that Clinton's impeachment papers are
    ..on display in the Smithsonian? Awesome!!!) Further, your side's precious
    ..UN gave global authorization to wage war on Iraq if they violated sanctions
    ..back in 1991...Sadam repeatedly commited violations.

    He should be impeached.

    ..(5) Hmmmmm, let's see. About 3000 innocent, non military lives were taken
    ..by ASSHOLES on September 11. By your figures, 120,000 innocents have been
    ..killed by GW??? Back that up (or, put it in as a suggestion on Rather's
    ..website!!)

    Lancet found that 100,000 people have bene killed in Iraq. Our toll was less
    than 3000.

    ..(6) According to the popular vote yesterday, MOST Americans don't have any
    ..respect for the UN.

    BS.

    ..(7) You are finally correct!!! ASSHOLE Terrorists are everywhere in this
    ..world and they hate all All Americans (including the president).

    Thanks to Bush.

    And GW has
    ..found a sweet spot in the MidEast where they are coming to us...by the
    ..thousands. Bringem' on baby!!!
    ..
    ..I'm very proud to be an American...And you sir, are a disgrace.

    I hope you get a chance to go to Iraq and defend me. Hypocrite.

[...]

  18. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    Shawn <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Jeff Strickland wrote:

    >> You might think he is making reference to a different treaty, but you don't
    >> know Mike very well if you think he cares about anything other than his
    >> whacked out view of the environment. I do not suggest that taking a position
    >> on the environment is whacked out, I only suggest that the view that Mike
    >> has is whacked out.

    >Kyoto wasn't ratified by the Senate. ABM was, and yes Vandamage is a
    >wack job.

    In fact, in an almost unheard of moment of unity, the senate voted 100
    to ZERO to NOT ratify the Kyoto treaty because of the obvious
    problems. It was NOT a good idea, IOW.

    And yes, it's not a secret that MV is a whack job (though I believe
    you spelled it wrong). The fact he apparently supported Kerry should
    make virtually everyone feel better, regardless of your political
    leanings. ;-)

    Mark Hickey
    Habanero Cycles
    http://www.habcycles.com
    Home of the $695 ti frame

  19. Mike Vandeman wrote:

    > BS. I am sure that the election was rigged by Republican secretaries
    > of state etc.

    What's scary is that this represents a MAJOR ADVANCEMENT in Mik*y's
    investigative methods and analysis!!!

    Bill "easy call" S.

  20. Mike Vandeman wrote:
    > On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:14:01 -0600, "the Moderator"
    > <[email protected]_spam_engineer.com> wrote:

    > .The President may mispronounce a word, but he does not mispronounce
    > his .intent.
    >
    > Yes, he does. His intent was and is to get his hands on Iraqi oil.

    And not a moment too soon, either. (SOMEONE's gotta pay for your wife's
    gas-guzzler.)

    Bill "buy her a bike, Mike" S.