Getting a bike painted - Melb

ACP

New Member
Oct 20, 2003
Dear All,

Does anyone know where to go to get a bike repainted? I wonder if there is such a place...if any of you guys know of anyone who does a good job.....

Thanks,

ACP

ACP said:
Dear All,

Does anyone know where to go to get a bike repainted? I wonder if there is such a place...if any of you guys know of anyone who does a good job.....

Thanks,

ACP

Paconi:

Paconi Cycles , Kevin Wigham

11 Macbeth St Braeside Vic 3195

ACP wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Does anyone know where to go to get a bike repainted? I wonder if there
> is such a place...if any of you guys know of anyone who does a good
> job.....

Paconi does good paintjobs, and we also can get them powder coated for
around $100 a frame I think, not 100% sure who does it, can find out if
you're
interested.

> Thanks,
>
> ACP
>

> --
> ACP

Abbotsford Cycles on Swan St under Richmond Station will also do it for you....

Annnnd last time I checked in with Bicycle Recycle about 1.5 months ago, they said they had a backlog and weren't taking anymore jobs....

"Bleve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> ACP wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > Does anyone know where to go to get a bike repainted? I wonder if there
> > is such a place...if any of you guys know of anyone who does a good
> > job.....
> >

> Paconi does good paintjobs, and we also can get them powder coated for
> around $100 a frame I think, not 100% sure who does it, can find out if
> you're
> interested.

Delt with Paconi recently and they stuffed it up. Spelt things wrong and
for the money didn't even face the BB and ream out the seat tube of **** so
the post went in nicely.

I had a road frame beadblasted and resprayed for $150 by bicycle recycle in
Morrabbin and I'm rapt with the service and results. I'd do that.

ACP said:
Dear All,

Does anyone know where to go to get a bike repainted? I wonder if there is such a place...if any of you guys know of anyone who does a good job.....

Thanks,

ACP

I'd recomend Powdercoat from Bell Powder, Bell St Preston.
Bead blast & basic colours ~$80 - $120, frame & fork. They often do bikes & know how to handle them.

Bikesoiler said:
I'd recomend Powdercoat from Bell Powder, Bell St Preston.
Bead blast & basic colours ~$80 - $120, frame & fork. They often do bikes & know how to handle them.
What did you need to do to the bike before the powdercoating (as far as removing, taping etc)?

Does anyone know if this can be done for carbon forks?

on a somewhat sidenote..
does anyone chrome frames/forks nowdays?
wouldnt mind getting my fixie chromed

roshea said:
What did you need to do to the bike before the powdercoating (as far as removing, taping etc)?

Does anyone know if this can be done for carbon forks?

I just handed them 2 bare frame & forks, ie completely stripped of components.

They must have bungs/plugs/fittings etc cause there was no coating inside the head tube or BB. There was a few stray beads from the blasting still in the BB threads but the blasting had even cleaned the inside of the whole BB shell. So clean in fact that a brass line could be seen around each tube inside the lug.

I wouldn't think that carbon could be powdercoated. It can be wet painted but aren't carbon forks mostly raw for that carbon-bling look?

dej wrote:
> on a somewhat sidenote..
> does anyone chrome frames/forks nowdays?
> wouldnt mind getting my fixie chromed

No idea if they're still there but there used to be a place on Bridge Rd
Richmond (Vic) who if going by what was in the front window seem to
chrome just about every thing that didn't move.

Parbs - who hasn't been to Melbourne for quite a few years

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:27:20 -0700, dej wrote:

> on a somewhat sidenote..
> does anyone chrome frames/forks nowdays?
> wouldnt mind getting my fixie chromed

look under 'Electroplating' in the yellow pages.

FWIW these guys http://www.precisionplating.com.au do a variety of chrome
work including black chrome.

--

phillip brown