Getting rid of Trek 5200 need advice....Bianchi vs Look

Originally posted by patch70
That looks like the Carbonissimo which is their TT frame and is about 50% more expensive than the C40/C50's.

Quite right, here it is in use in Paris-Nice first stage.

patch70 said:
I have the Bianchi XL Carbon and it is a superb bike. Very comfortable over rough stuff and stiff enough in the BB to sprint well. No problems with discomfort on very long rides.
One suggestion for it if you decide to buy it: get a "clear coat" on it to give a little extra resistance to scratches.

I am having that frame built up right now and after reading this, I thought it might be a good idea. So I emailed Bianchi to see what they had to say about clear coating and this was their reply:

Bianchi USA said:
The XL Carbon is clear coated with a Matte clear coat. It is not recommended to apply any additional clear coat to an XL Carbon. The solvents in the new clear coat might damage the existing clear coat, paint and decals.

--
Bianchi USA

If you're willing to pay upwards of 3k for a frameset, and you've found one of which you like the ride, but you want to be original, why not just invest a couple hundred dollars in a wicked paint scheme and have the the bike with the looks of your dreams. You'd save money and you wouldn't have to give up the performance of a great machine.

Do you mean the 481 sl, which is the only one I see listed on look usa's site, and also can you give a link to the specific bianchi because I don't see that one listed either, but the names have just all changed for the new season.

jitteringjr said:
I am having that frame built up right now and after reading this, I thought it might be a good idea. So I emailed Bianchi to see what they had to say about clear coating and this was their reply:
Thanks for the info. I am happier now that I did not get mine clear-coated!