Giant MPH brakes

T_blood

Guest
Anyone have any experience with Giants MPH hydraulic disc brakes?? Just got a bike with a set and am
trying to figure how to adjust the caliper. I see the outer brake pad can be adjusted off the
handle, but the disc is rubbing the inner pad and I see no adjustment where I can center the
caliper. Any help appreciated...Mike

T_Blood wrote:
> Anyone have any experience with Giants MPH hydraulic disc brakes?? Just got a bike with a set and
> am trying to figure how to adjust the caliper. I see the outer brake pad can be adjusted off the
> handle, but the disc is rubbing the inner pad and I see no adjustment where I can center the
> caliper. Any help appreciated...Mike

Washers?

| T_Blood wrote:
| > Anyone have any experience with Giants MPH hydraulic disc brakes?? Just
got
| > a bike with a set and am trying to figure how to adjust the caliper. I
see
| > the outer brake pad can be adjusted off the handle, but the disc is
rubbing
| > the inner pad and I see no adjustment where I can center the caliper.
Any
| > help appreciated...Mike
|
| Washers?

Yup just what Mr.B said........washers.

You say you just got the bike, maybe they need to be run in before you go adjusting.

Simon

> T_Blood wrote:
> > Anyone have any experience with Giants MPH hydraulic disc brakes?? Just
got
> > a bike with a set and am trying to figure how to adjust the caliper. I
see
> > the outer brake pad can be adjusted off the handle, but the disc is
rubbing
> > the inner pad and I see no adjustment where I can center the caliper.
Any
> > help appreciated...Mike
>
> Washers?

I second the washers. You need to get your hands on some 0.2 mm washers. Just a word of warning
those brakes aren't exactly crash friendly, so take care of the levers, its where you will get most
trouble form them.

AL

"Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...

> "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > T_Blood wrote:
> > > Anyone have any experience with Giants MPH hydraulic disc brakes??
Just
> got
> > > a bike with a set and am trying to figure how to adjust the caliper. I
> see
> > > the outer brake pad can be adjusted off the handle, but the disc is
> rubbing
> > > the inner pad and I see no adjustment where I can center the caliper.
> Any
> > > help appreciated...Mike
> >
> > Washers?
> >

> I second the washers. You need to get your hands on some 0.2 mm washers. Just a word of warning
> those brakes aren't exactly crash friendly, so take care of the levers, its where you will get
> most trouble form them.
>
> AL

Thanks, I never considered washers, but sounds like a good idea. By looking at the brakes I figured
they werent crash friendly. The brake fluid reservoir just sort of sticks out there. Thanks
again...Mike

T_Blood <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Anyone have any experience with Giants MPH hydraulic disc brakes?? Just
got
> a bike with a set and am trying to figure how to adjust the caliper. I see the outer brake pad can
> be adjusted off the handle, but the disc is
rubbing
> the inner pad and I see no adjustment where I can center the caliper. Any help appreciated...Mike

Giant in Europe replaced 10,000 set of these brakes with Hayes (well thats the word on the
street anyway)

"David Bailey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...

> T_Blood <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Anyone have any experience with Giants MPH hydraulic disc brakes?? Just
> got
> > a bike with a set and am trying to figure how to adjust the caliper. I
see
> > the outer brake pad can be adjusted off the handle, but the disc is
> rubbing
> > the inner pad and I see no adjustment where I can center the caliper.
Any
> > help appreciated...Mike
> >
> Giant in Europe replaced 10,000 set of these brakes with Hayes (well thats the word on the
> street anyway)

That is interesting indeed. I am in Europe, maybe I should check it out at my dealer. Thanks...Mike