Give him a medal

> > and what Country were you born in?

> London.

I can see why you are soooooooo confused.

I would respectfully suggest that you take Night School lessons to sort
yourself out :-((((

((and to think my pension depends on people like that :-(((())

Mike
--------------------------------------
www.rnshipmates.co.uk
www.nsrafa.com

"Adrian" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> England is part of Great Britain which is part of the United Kingdom
>> which is, by default, part of europe

> Thank you. England is Europe.
> Same as France is Europe. Or Germany. Or Luxembourg.
> Same as Nigeria is Africa, and Bangladesh is Asia.
> Glad we can agree on that.

Hell, ah'm a Texan, Boi!

Don't call me no godammn Yankee.

"Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> That makes me a European. Not that I particularly want to be.

> That makes you ENGLISH.

Aye, that as well.

It's all 'Set Theory'. I'm both.

> Are you not proud of your origin of birth?

Not at the moment, no. I have no real pride in being English, British or
European.

That tends to put me alongside Bush and phagBlair.

> why have you not emigrated?

Because we have such wonderful schools, a fantastic health service, the best
policemen in the world, fantastic weather, great drivers on the roards and
an almost lemony freshness.

> Because we have such wonderful schools, a fantastic health service, the

best
> policemen in the world, fantastic weather, great drivers on the roards and
> an almost lemony freshness.

Been to Specsavers ? :-((

Mike

--
--------------------------------------
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Adrian wrote:

> Thank you. England is Europe.
> Same as France is Europe.

Some bits of France are not in Europe.

HTH, HAND, HORSE.

--
Something like: "ntlworld" "com" "dot" "at" "marypegg"

mattic wrote:

|| "Ivor Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
|| news:[email protected]...
||| It means pertaining to or relating to Europe. I am not of Europe
||| nor do I pertain or relate to it.
|| Will you concede that you live in Europe? That, purely
|| geographically, England is part of the continent of Europe or part
|| of the region of the world known as Europe?

Good question. I note that he has chosen not to answer it.

--
Rich
==============================

Take out the obvious to email me.

Ivor Jones wrote:

|| "mattic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
|| news:[email protected]
||| "Ivor Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
||| news:[email protected]...
||| Will you concede that, in some circumstances, a simple
||| geographical description, for instance, the description
||| of European describes everyone who lives in Europe?
|| Yes, if the person concerned agrees.
|| Otherwise, no.
|| Ivor

Got it! I've had a quotation in my mind ever since I started reading this
thread.

From "Through The Looking-Glass", Lewis Carroll:

'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, 'it means
just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.'
'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many
different things.'
'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master -- that's
all.'

--
Rich
==============================

Take out the obvious to email me.

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:34:27 +0100, "Morris Finsbury"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Because we have such wonderful schools, a fantastic health service, the best
>policemen in the world, fantastic weather, great drivers on the roards and
>an almost lemony freshness.

Dangerous roads, though.

(4000 anyone?)

--

Ian D

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 19:54:34 +0100, "Richard Brookman"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Ivor Jones wrote:
>
>|| "mattic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>|| news:[email protected]
>|| Yes, if the person concerned agrees.
>|| Otherwise, no.
>|| Ivor
>
>Got it! I've had a quotation in my mind ever since I started reading this
>thread.
>
>From "Through The Looking-Glass", Lewis Carroll:
>
>'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, 'it means
>just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.'
>'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many
>different things.'
>'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master -- that's
>all.'

A Daniel come to judgement.

--

Ian D

Adrian wrote:
> Alex Heney ([email protected]) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
> were saying :
>
>> You can be a native of anything that is defined as a place.

> Quite. Just ask any proud Yorkshireman, Cornishman or Geordie.

See! It's true even if it's not much of a place...

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 20:05:16 +0100, Ian Dalziel
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:34:27 +0100, "Morris Finsbury"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Because we have such wonderful schools, a fantastic health service, the best
>>policemen in the world, fantastic weather, great drivers on the roards and
>>an almost lemony freshness.

>Dangerous roads, though.

Not when compared to any other country in the world.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Jealousy is all the fun you think they have.

In article <[email protected]>
Ivor Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Rob Morley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
> [snip]
>
> > I find it insulting that you find it insulting to be told
> > that you're a European.

> That doesn't make any sense.

Maybe not to you, but that's irrelevant.

> besides, it's your problem. I was insulted
> first.

No, it's your lack of consideration for others that is causing a
problem.

On 2006-08-21, Mike <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Brimstone" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> >
>> > I am English first and foremost
>> >
>> > British next
>> > .
>> > then somewhere down the line
>> >
>> > european
>> >
>> > I served Her Majesty under the White Ensign
>> >
>> > If you have problems with that, what is your country of birth?

>> No one has a problem with that, except "Ivor Jones".

> For Ivor
>
> read > > I am Welsh first and foremost

Still, no one has a problem with that, except Ivor Jones. Who seems
to have a serious problem that accepting "somewhere down the line"
he _is_ accurately described as european (with or without a captial).

--
David Taylor

"Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I am English first and foremost
>
> British next
> .
> .
> .
>
> then somewhere down the line
>
> european

Yes, this is what everyone has been saying, Mike. If you're going to
participate ina thread that you have previously declared an aversion to, you
should at least offer some new information.

> I served Her Majesty under the White Ensign
>
> If you have problems with that

What on earth makes you think that he had any problems with it? You have
only just introduced it! He was not even talking to you!

> what is your country of birth?

I'll be very interested to see where you're going with this one. How about I
name some countries, and you give your response:

England
Scotland
Germany
Argentina
Australia
Switzerland
USA

'Way ya go....

"Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Morris Finsbury" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> > If you have problems with that, what is your country of birth?

>> England.
>>
>> That makes me a European. Not that I particularly want to be.
>>
>> But it does.
>>

> NO SIR or MADAM
>
> That makes you ENGLISH.
>
> Are you not proud of your origin of birth?
>
> If not, why have you not emigrated?

Have you been at the crack pipe, Mike?

"Morris Finsbury" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
>>> That makes me a European. Not that I particularly want to be.

>> That makes you ENGLISH.

> Aye, that as well.
>
> It's all 'Set Theory'. I'm both.
>
>> Are you not proud of your origin of birth?

> Not at the moment, no. I have no real pride in being English, British or
> European.
>
> That tends to put me alongside Bush and phagBlair.
>
>> why have you not emigrated?

> Because we have such wonderful schools, a fantastic health service, the
> best policemen in the world, fantastic weather, great drivers on the
> roards and an almost lemony freshness.

Hehehe! I'd contend the weather. Although summer is usually nice for a few
days a year.

"Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Adrian" <[email protected]> wrote in message >
>

>> Y'see, England IS Europe...

> NO SIR, or MADAM
>
> England is part of Great Britain which is part of the United Kingdom which
> is, by default, part of europe (note lack of capital 'e' because it is so
> far down the line of importance, that it might just as well be in the
> dustbin)
>
> If you are unable to understand that, then a couple of questions.......
>
> Where were you between 1939 and 1945?
>
> and what Country were you born in?

I'd better alert the Bobbies, there's some bad gear going around the South.

David Taylor wrote:

> Still, no one has a problem with that, except Ivor Jones. Who seems
> to have a serious problem that accepting "somewhere down the line"
> he _is_ accurately described as european (with or without a captial).

Is that the European Ivor Jones? From Europe?

"PC Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> David Taylor wrote:
>>
>> Still, no one has a problem with that, except Ivor Jones. Who seems
>> to have a serious problem that accepting "somewhere down the line"
>> he _is_ accurately described as european (with or without a captial).

> Is that the European Ivor Jones? From Europe?

Yes, the European Ivor Jones who, despite saying that he wouldn't give up,
has gone quiet.