Goldmember (first two minutes has MTB content)

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jd, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Why?

    It's all shot near UT Hwy 128 between Dewey Bridge and Soquel Ranch.

    In the freefall sequence there is a great shot of Dorkupine Rim from an angle not seen by mountain
    biking camera bugs.

    JD "yeah baby"

    Tags:

  2. Tj

    Tj Guest

    I met some people from the camera crew. They seemed pretty nice. I flew into GJ with them from SLC.
    One was traveling with his bike. He had never been to UT before.

    TJ

    > Why?
    >
    > It's all shot near UT Hwy 128 between Dewey Bridge and Soquel Ranch.
    >
    > In the freefall sequence there is a great shot of Dorkupine Rim from an angle not seen by mountain
    > biking camera bugs.
    >
    > JD "yeah baby"

  3. >JD "yeah baby"

    Oh, Geez! Say it ain't so, JD! That is the most pathetic excuse for a movie I have ever seen (the
    first one - haven't bothered to go back for seconds) Blech!!!!

    Steve

  4. JD wrote:
    > Why?
    >
    > It's all shot near UT Hwy 128 between Dewey Bridge and Soquel Ranch.
    >
    > In the freefall sequence there is a great shot of Dorkupine Rim from an angle not seen by mountain
    > biking camera bugs.

    Well, that will be the highlight then, because the rest of the film pretty much blows...

    --
    a.m-b FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

    b.bmx FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bmx_faq.htm

  5. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > >JD "yeah baby"
    >
    > Oh, Geez! Say it ain't so, JD! That is the most pathetic excuse for a movie I have ever seen (the
    > first one - haven't bothered to go back for seconds) Blech!!!!
    >
    > Steve

    Never saw (or will see) any of them. They just look dorky, but then I don't ride a SS.
    --
    Slacker

  6. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Slacker wrote:
    > "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>>JD "yeah baby"
    >>
    >>Oh, Geez! Say it ain't so, JD! That is the most pathetic excuse for a movie I have ever seen (the
    >>first one - haven't bothered to go back for seconds) Blech!!!!
    >>
    >>Steve
    >

    > Never saw (or will see) any of them. They just look dorky, but then I don't ride a SS.

    Wow, I was starting think I was the only person who hadn't seen them.

    Greg

    --
    "Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
    we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

  7. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Jonathan Harris wrote:

    >> don't ride a SS.
    >>
    >>> Wow, I was starting think I was the only person who hadn't seen them.
    >>>
    >>> Greg
    >>

    >> Myers is a genius.
    >>
    >> Shaun aRe - IMNSHO.
    >

    > Correction - Myers was a genius, until he thought it would be a good idea to follow up a
    > fantastically original and funny movie, by recycling the same gags in two sub-par sequels. I
    > believe the phrase is, 'shaking the money tree'...

    As I mentioned I haven't seen any of them. But friends tell me they thought the 2nd one was
    the funniest?

    Anyway, I think he is a genius. I listened to him do a college question-and-answer session for about
    2 hours (one of those bored days in the car) and he was brilliant along with being very funny.

    Anybody ever see, what was it, "So I Married an Axe Murderer"?

    Greg

    --
    "Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
    we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

  8. > >> Correction - Myers was a genius, until he thought it would be a good idea to follow up a
    > >> fantastically original and funny movie, by recycling the same gags in two sub-par sequels. I
    > >> believe the phrase is, 'shaking the money tree'...

    Could have been worse, he could have made another Wayne's world.

    --