Grinding, Creaky Hip...I'm only 21?!?!

StephNTX

Apr 21, 2004
I know that there are normal pops and creaks that happen once in a while....and this isn't related to cycling, but I think this is something I need to address in case it is a problem that needs to be fixed.

When lifting my legs in front of me (like knee raises), my right hip is fine, but my left hip makes grinding noises every time I lower my leg!! It's something I have always had, but I really noticed it when I started working my hip flexors with weights. It grinds/pops everytime I lower my leg....it doesn't really hurt, but it scares me. What could be the reason for this?? Do I need to see a doctor?

Yeah, ive the similar thing on my left side. I am 29 and my joint pops in and out quite frequently (amost every morning i will wake up with it out of joint and have to pop it back in!) and i have had no problems with it. If there is no pain i can see no reason to be concerned though i am not a doctor of medicine, so maybe to aly your fears it couldbe worthwhile to chat to your local about it.