Gutsie article about CSC and Ullrich

Chris

Guest
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/may04/may03news2

A lot of us can see that the very best DS currently is Riis, with his
approach to managing his athletes. It seems that Riis truly has the best
chance to get the most out of any cyclist. He uses proven scientific
training methods and unorthodox "team building" that one normally see used
by corporate executives. I can hardly think of any cyclists that did not
perform at their very best while under Riis.

This article is about a current CSC (German) team member and his thoughts oh
Ullrich's chances if he was again working with Riis (who was the "road
captain" when Ullrich took his sole Tour victory).

>From: "Chris" [email protected]

>This article is about a current CSC (German) team member and his thoughts oh
>Ullrich's chances if he was again working with Riis (who was the "road
>captain" when Ullrich took his sole Tour victory).

Unfortunately I don't think that Jan has it left in him to do things the Riis
way. I'm really disapointed with his condition and seeming attitude. I thought
with it being so close last year after the layoff, and moving back to a much
stronger team he'd be ttotally motivated and prepared, sure doesn't look like
he is. That may be why he didn't go to CSC because he knew he couldn't give a
half effort there.
Hope he gets it together otherwise I'm down to cheering for Tyler, Wesseman,
and Zabel.
Not a bad trio, but I still miss Udo.
Bill C

> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/may04/may03news2
>
> A lot of us can see that the very best DS currently is Riis, with his
> approach to managing his athletes. It seems that Riis truly has the best
> chance to get the most out of any cyclist.

I sort of disagree with that. Riis most certainly has the ability to get the
best out of every single athlete in his team. I give him full points for
that. However, he has some pretty great riders and hesitates to make them
work for one of themselves.

I believe that the very best DS presently must be Johann Bryneel.

Why are people fat??

Or better yet how does an elite level cyclist get fat??

lifestyle.

I want to see fat boy impolde because he has the balls to take
millions to perform and then eat is way to near obesity. Or maybe he
has a glandular problem like all of us Americans who drink Pepsi for
breakfast lunch and dinner

"Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/may04/may03news2
>
> A lot of us can see that the very best DS currently is Riis, with his
> approach to managing his athletes. It seems that Riis truly has the best
> chance to get the most out of any cyclist. He uses proven scientific
> training methods and unorthodox "team building" that one normally see used
> by corporate executives. I can hardly think of any cyclists that did not
> perform at their very best while under Riis.
>
> This article is about a current CSC (German) team member and his thoughts oh
> Ullrich's chances if he was again working with Riis (who was the "road
> captain" when Ullrich took his sole Tour victory).

I wonder what Jan had to say about this (after spewing beer and
dropping his sausage sandwich.)

karlwithak wrote:

> I want to see fat boy impolde because he has the balls to take

Which one is "Fat Boy" again? Armstrong or Ullrich? I get confused.
Reading your posting most closely, I have to conclude fromt he above
that you are talking about Ullrich.