HAC4 / Hactronic TOTAL CONFUSION!

Aztec

New Member
Jul 8, 2003
I bought the above because I wanted to record my HR, not just eyeball it. And I figured it would be fun to see what my HR does overnight once in awhile. Uh, right. That sucker is one seriously user-unfriendly piece of equipment. The box lists 'short instructions' as a feature. Well, it is true. But then of course, the instructions tell you just about nothing. I've never seen something that leaves you on your own so much.

Does anyone have any printable instructions for the software end of this thing, or ANYTHING to get me through this? I have nowhere near the time needed to figure it out via trial and error (mostly the latter). I mostly get how the hardware works... it's the PC part of it that's just unbelievably skimpy!

I share your frustration - have you been able to dwonload ride data to your PC yet? I didn't find that too difficult (and would be happy to suggest a simplke checklist. Or is your difficulty with using the data?

I bought my HAC4+ a couple of weeks ago, and while it's a lot of fun to print of the graphs and data from my rides the software isn't well designed. In fact, the Plus comes with 3 separate software programs (all seemingly by different designers, and all showing their age in terms of look, feel and functionality.) I probably read it on this forum, but someone before me has said that it woiuld be neat to be able to combine the HAC4 hardware with Polar software.

The Ciclosport people are really precious about things too - haven't learned the value of OpenSource.

Here's the thread of an email exchange I had with them, when I got frustrated with the software that came with my HAC4+

Hello George,

I've tried to export to excel just in the moment and it works on my pc.
Please send me the bug-report (by ? - about - version), then I can ask the developer if he knows this problem.

regards
Iris Stiegler
CICLO SPORT SERVICE
K.W.Hochschorner GmbH