hand and finger problems...

tumbleweed77

Aug 27, 2006
I have been riding just under 1 year now and just in the past 2 months, i've noticed that my left ring finger joint half way locks after riding for 1.5 hours or so and then stays stiff for the rest of the day... does anyone else have a similar problem.. any suggestions as to making it better.... i'm thinking that i'm putting too much pressure somewhere in my left hand, but my hands don't go numb, it's a tendon problem i'm guessing... it doesn't hurt, so i'm not sure it's tendonitis. please help.... it's annoying

thanks in advance

tumbleweed77 said:
I have been riding just under 1 year now and just in the past 2 months, i've noticed that my left ring finger joint half way locks after riding for 1.5 hours or so and then stays stiff for the rest of the day... does anyone else have a similar problem.. any suggestions as to making it better.... i'm thinking that i'm putting too much pressure somewhere in my left hand, but my hands don't go numb, it's a tendon problem i'm guessing... it doesn't hurt, so i'm not sure it's tendonitis. please help.... it's annoying

thanks in advance
I have exactly the same problem especially when i do a lot of climbing and although it doesn't completely lock up it becomes very tender.
I think for me at least it is because i tend to tend to stay on the seat for a lot of the climbs and i may be gripping the handlebars too tight as im driving up the hill.
Could this be true of you too?

Dude i work with has something like this. He's been riding for decades. The tendons of the fingers slide through a 'tube'. The tube on his ring finger right hand is pinching the tendon and binding a bit. He has trouble opening the palm fully and when he does there is a noticable lump on the palm below the finger. Dont think his job helps he pulls on spanners all day ! He's had one operation that got rid of the problem for 24 months. Says he can live with it for now.
Hope your trouble sorts itself out.
Luck
Weed

Sounds like it may be trigger finger you should get some therapy to the finger and watch your hand position

weedvspeed said:
Dude i work with has something like this. He's been riding for decades. The tendons of the fingers slide through a 'tube'. The tube on his ring finger right hand is pinching the tendon and binding a bit. He has trouble opening the palm fully and when he does there is a noticable lump on the palm below the finger. Dont think his job helps he pulls on spanners all day ! He's had one operation that got rid of the problem for 24 months. Says he can live with it for now.
Hope your trouble sorts itself out.
Luck
Weed