Hard tail or Dual suspension

liveSTRONG

Jun 27, 2004
I bought a Giant Yukon about 2 months ago and now just looking around at stores i've seen some dual suspension bikes similar in price, same brand, with only the rear suspension as a true difference. I'm curious what other expirienced riders would have chose for a bike.????

Usually at the same pricepoint the dual-suspension bike will have cheaper components, which translates into more weight (in addition to the extra weight of the suspension) and often reduced lifespan. The Giant Yukon is a good entry-level bike. Save the dual-suspension for next time.

I had a duel suspensin for two years, recently swapped back to a hardtail. If u are after a decent dually be prepared to fork out big dollars. Watch out for the rear suspension. get something that will last.

Originally posted by liveSTRONG
I bought a Giant Yukon about 2 months ago and now just looking around at stores i've seen some dual suspension bikes similar in price, same brand, with only the rear suspension as a true difference. I'm curious what other expirienced riders would have chose for a bike.????

The Yukon is a fantastic entry-level bike. You won't find an equivalently good bike without spending three times the amount.

less expensive full squish bikes have a tendancy to be cheap bikes save the toys for big money bikes. I stoked that norco has produced some striped DJ's to save us a couple of bucks, but it really depends on what you want to ride.99% of us don't need full susp. It's a toy