Has anyone been to www.abovetopsecret.com?

Eldron

Jan 24, 2002
Best spoof site I've ever seen. It must have taken hundreds of people thousands of hours to put together.

I can't believe there are enough bored students to keep a site like that up and running. Thanks guys - best laugh I've had in ages.

An excerp about why the twin towers fell:

"1. steel melts at 2600 degrees Celcius, the hottest the fire in the world trade centers could have reached was 800 degrees Celcius, and for an amount of time shorter than ten minutes."

Bwaaahahahaha oh the technical awareness.....

Eldron said:
Best spoof site I've ever seen. It must have taken hundreds of people thousands of hours to put together.

I can't believe there are enough bored students to keep a site like that up and running. Thanks guys - best laugh I've had in ages.

"1. steel melts at 2600 degrees Celcius, the hottest the fire in the world trade centers could have reached was 800 degrees Celcius, and for an amount of time shorter than ten minutes."

You found Wurmy's secret site. Now you know where he gets all his theoretical information.

Eldron said:

Actually, whether or not the figures for the temperatures are correct I'm not sure, but it IS true that the WTC's could not have fallen from the fires that existed. The fires were simply not hot enough or long enough in duration to cause the steel girders to deform to their collapsing point.

Wurm said:
Actually, whether or not the figures for the temperatures are correct I'm not sure, but it IS true that the WTC's could not have fallen from the fires that existed. The fires were simply not hot enough or long enough in duration to cause the steel girders to deform to their collapsing point.

Would you have some facts to back that up? The reason I ask is that from where I'm sitting I can see 5 materials engineering textbooks that would happily explain why the WTC fell.

Steel doesn't have to melt to fail - it gets very weak very quickly at elevated temperatures. I think the point that most people miss is that while Kerosene has a relatively low flame temperature most offices are full of combustibles (wood, paper, plastic etc) that would provide 1000+ celcius fires.

Discovery channel ran a good documentary explaining how and why the WTC fell. Have you seen it?

Ever drive on a frozen lake? Why is it not a good idea at 0 C? Or even -5 C?

Normal structural steel starts losing strength above 400 C and is nearly liquid at 1300 C. Quite some difference.

Ever seen the after effects of a hot fire on structural steel? Ever work for a wild well control firm?

Stop and ask yourself what some of the TV channels have to gain or lose by the type of "evidence" they put on. Find out who owns those stations, who they're connected with, and what their political agenda may be.

I have seen plenty of bullsh!t reports on 9/11, on Discovery, History Channel, etc., etc. I also know that getting other opinions is important in order to find out all of the relevant facts and viewpoints.

Here's just some of the countervailing evidence:

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/thermite.htm

There are many other scientific opinions that adhere to similar explanations. Keep in mind that never before in history has a steel-framed building collapsed from fire.

And then you have the WTC 7 building collapsing at 5:30 p.m. that day, where it had not been touched by any significant debris or fallout from WTC 1 & 2 - and certainly had not been hit by an airplane - but had only small fires on 2 floors.

Eldron said:
Would you have some facts to back that up?

Steel is an alloy.

To say that steel has a melting temperature of 'xyz' is purely an approximation.

Different grades of steel contain different components which provide different properties that effect tensile strength, hardness, fatigue figures and temperature charcteristics.

I personally do not think the fires were enough to cause the collapse of the towers but i do not subscribe to many conspiricy theories that are banded about concerning 9/11.

Concrete cannot withstand high temperaures at all and can explode and disintegrate at low level tempertures. Falling concrete floors and the cumulative effect of internal structural collapse could be enough to compromise the structural integrity of the steel frame of the building especially when the frame is subjected to high temperatures.

Its one theory, not necessarily correct.

What brought down the twin towers, and building 7 then, Wurm. I think people would have noticed explosives being systematically planted into the buildings structure. It's not a simple or hide-able procedure.

Wurm said:
Stop and ask yourself what some of the TV channels have to gain or lose by the type of "evidence" they put on. Find out who owns those stations, who they're connected with, and what their political agenda may be.
We should also ask what does the Wurmster have to gain by boring us with his conspiracy ********. Who is he connected with and just what is his political agenda?

That is easy to answer. He is a rabid anti-Bush kool-aid drinker.
Wurmster despises President Bush. He uses vague supposition as a foundation for his claims, then buries that supposition under tons of questionable evidence and political rhetoric.

****Chirp Chirp****

Structural steel, the kind used in WTC, isn't anything but a carbon steel. And carbon is limited to 0.25% for weldability. Add silicon for full killed, small grain and some manganese for further grain refinement. Nothing more. No one builds a structure like that with M7 tool steel, for one, welding is nearly impossible. And stainless would be prohibitively expensive, try $4 a pound versus $0.30 a pound for structural carbon steels.

WTC 7 was "blowtorched" by the fires inside the towers when they collapsed. The fire went somewhere and that started WTC 7 on fire. Nothing "minor" about it. Firefighters could not extinguish it despite the multiple alarms and mutual aid from Long Island, New Jersey and midstate. Even firefighters from Philadelphia were on scene in response to mutual aid shortly after.

You conspiracy nuts need to stop drinking your bong water. It is killing your last remaining brain cells.

Colorado Ryder said:
****Chirp Chirp****

C'mon Wurmster. Regale us with another of your "theories".

****Chirp Chirp****
Stand by, I'm sure he will post something about explosives being planted by the government to blow the levies wide open thus targeting minorities and the poor....or has boxcar wurmy already posted that shite...

zapper said:
Stand by, I'm sure he will post something about explosives being planted by the government to blow the levies wide open thus targeting minorities and the poor....or has boxcar wurmy already posted that shite...
Those explosives(thermite?) were planted by George himself. But that was after he got out his wacky weather making machine and created the hurricane. Not sure about the evidence to back that up, but it doesn't really matter. We know **wink wink** that George is to blame.

Wurm couldn't argue his way out of a wet paper bag.

I like all the 'tards here because debating them is like picking a fight in a quadraplegic ward. Light work. Nothing but pulp entertainment.

Weisse Luft said:
Wurm couldn't argue his way out of a wet paper bag.

I like all the 'tards here because debating them is like picking a fight in a quadraplegic ward. Light work. Nothing but pulp entertainment.
Wurmster does have an active imagination. He definitely gets the most out of his 2 brain cells.

Colorado Ryder said:
Wurmster does have an active imagination. He definitely gets the most out of his 2 brain cells.
They (Wurm and his pair of brain cells) are chemically aided.

fact is, the standard procedures to analyze structural failures of buildings were avoided in these cases of 9-11, and the debris evidence was barged offshore to overseas recycling destinations. this was the data needed to provide advancements in engineering that leads to safer stuctures, intentionaly lost.
as a result, by now any concise conclusion that would be based on evidence is impossible,
and as such it is only reasonable to theorize, as it is the only means of reaching towards any conclusion.

Wurm said:

Hypnospin said:
fact is, the standard procedures to analyze structural failures of buildings were avoided in these cases of 9-11, and the debris evidence was barged offshore to overseas recycling destinations. this was the data needed to provide advancements in engineering that leads to safer stuctures, intentionaly lost.
as a result, by now any concise conclusion that would be based on evidence is impossible,
and as such it is only reasonable to theorize, as it is the only means of reaching towards any conclusion.
Please, all the material was produced and tested prior to use in accordance with the ASTM specifications covering the product. Nothing would be gained from analysis of the material unless the entire building was reassembled. It is patently obivious what caused the failure and that was thousands of gallons of jet fuel burning in the elevator shafts, forming huge blowtorches which eventually heated the metal past its elevated temperature yield point. No amount of insulation would have prevented the eventual failure. Insulation only slows the heat transfer, it doesn't stop it. And the insulation was NEVER designed to survive a 550 MPH impact. At 2000 feet AGL, maximum permitted airspeed for all aircraft is 200 KTS.

Hypnospin said:
fact is, the standard procedures to analyze structural failures of buildings were avoided in these cases of 9-11, and the debris evidence was barged offshore to overseas recycling destinations.
The debris was barged to a site on Staten Island.

Hypnospin said:
as a result, by now any concise conclusion that would be based on evidence is impossible, and as such it is only reasonable to theorize, as it is the only means of reaching towards any conclusion.
So you admit that you really have no evidence to support Wurmster's suppositions as why the towers fell. Just as we all thought all along just "theories". Theories that are driven by a political agenda.

Weisse Luft said:
Please, all the material was produced and tested prior to use in accordance with the ASTM specifications covering the product. Nothing would be gained from analysis of the material unless the entire building was reassembled. It is patently obivious what caused the failure and that was thousands of gallons of jet fuel burning in the elevator shafts, forming huge blowtorches which eventually heated the metal past its elevated temperature yield point. No amount of insulation would have prevented the eventual failure. Insulation only slows the heat transfer, it doesn't stop it. And the insulation was NEVER designed to survive a 550 MPH impact. At 2000 feet AGL, maximum permitted airspeed for all aircraft is 200 KTS.
Hey Air Amateur, the only one sniffing farts around here is you. You can refuse to accept the reality of the WTC 7 hi-jinx, but that doesn't make the truth any less real. If you think that somehow the fires that existed some 90+ floors up on WTC's 1 & 2 somehow "magically jumped" to WTC 7, when WTC 7 was only what - 47 stories high? - then you need to go back in for further shock treatments.

...and don't forget your Thorazine tab while you're drinking the Kool-Aid.