Heart Rate Graph

morana

Oct 6, 2004
I have noticed a few times when reviewing the data from the PT that there are parts of the HR graph where it drops (e.g) from 179 down to 84bpm. Is this a common problem with the transmitter belt ?

I just replaced the battery today and the contacts were moist enough as I was on the turbo trainer.

Tanx

morana said:
I have noticed a few times when reviewing the data from the PT that there are parts of the HR graph where it drops (e.g) from 179 down to 84bpm. Is this a common problem with the transmitter belt ?

I just replaced the battery today and the contacts were moist enough as I was on the turbo trainer.

Tanx
Yep. And I get 224bpm, too. But then this is the POWER forum... who cares about HR, so long as you know it's above zero? ;-)

Who cares about HR....everybody ............ it is a power tap question in the power forum Conconi!!

morana said:
Who cares about HR....everybody ............ it is a power tap question in the power forum Conconi!!

i'm not sure i understand your response...? once you've got power via e.g., Power Tap, SRM, then HR is pretty much not required. In other words, basically i agree with Aztec

ric

ric_stern/RST said:
i'm not sure i understand your response...? once you've got power via e.g., Power Tap, SRM, then HR is pretty much not required. In other words, basically i agree with Aztec

ric

Me too.

[this space to fill the character minimum limit]

Well my main reason for the question was because last year I went A Fib after a period of hard training. Having had a reboot and an echo cardiogram etc. I got a clean bill of health. The dropouts seem to be regular so I was wondering if this was a transmitter belt/computer problem or a potential ticker problem. Thats all!!!

its okay chaps panic over I looked at the power-tap database and they are zeros so obviously it was bad contacts or whatever.........sorry for the blasphemy!

I promise my next post will be one about using power in training rather than hardware but you have to respect that I am getting used to the terminology and the hardware and questions such as why is the device not measuring cadence seem to be appropriate here rather than anywhere else on the forum

tanx