Hello everyone i´mjoão pedro

joao pedro

Dec 10, 2010
Hello ppl

I'm a portuguese man and found that forum after looking situatios as mine by now.I crashed from my bike when run out wiht some friends like every sunday morning.

So i broke my neck femur e looking for old experiencies and found it here.

I think this is wonderfull forum and here i am!!

I have a look 566 for road and a scott scale 30 2010 for MTB, i'm crazy about cycling and want to share my knowledge and learn with you.

Sorry about some words but i'll try to write as good as i can!!

best regards for all

João Pedro

Welcome to the forums Joao. Portugal is a beautiful country. I live in a very large portuguese community in Massachusetts and have looked at many pictures from the Islands and the mainland that my friends and coworkers have shared with me. Please share with us some pictures and stories of your rides if you can. Again welcome aboard.
Dave

Reactions: joao pedro
Hi Joao, welcome and I hope you enjoy the forums.

Are you still recovering from a bicycle crash injury?

well friends

I thank your answers and hope to learn ang get some experiencies with you.

Soon i'll share some running bike days from portugal with you.

best regards

Jp

Originally Posted by 64Paramount .

Hello

Ya i'm recovering now, it was only last sunday 28 november i crashed.Went to hospital and get some screws in day after 29 November.
Now i'm walking with 2 crutches without weigth in that leg (right femur's neck).
The doctor told me next 15 January i´ll start PT,and get some swimming pool during about 2 months and after that end of january i'll start running in my sppinning bike at home and hope in March,April ride in my dear "LOOK 566"wich are calling me every day...

Thanks and have a nice day

joão pedro

Originally Posted by joao pedro .

Quote: Originally Posted by 64Paramount .

Hello

Ya i'm recovering now, it was only last sunday 28 november i crashed.Went to hospital and get some screws in day after 29 November.
Now i'm walking with 2 crutches without weigth in that leg (right femur's neck).
The doctor told me next 15 January i´ll start PT,and get some swimming pool during about 2 months and after that end of january i'll start running in my sppinning bike at home and hope in March,April ride in my dear "LOOK 566"wich are calling me every day...

Thanks and have a nice day

joão pedro

Wow, that sounds like a very painful injury!

I hope you get well soon! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif

Good luck with your treatments. You have a positive outlook that is most important in recovery.

[COLOR= #0000ff]Hi, Joao, and welcome to the forums![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Your injury does not sound like any fun at ALL, and I'm so sorry it happened to you. I hope your recovery will be quick and complete. With a break in that location, you're actually very lucky the bone shards didn't hit an artery, but I'm sure you don't feel lucky, lol.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]I'm new to biking so have no experience to share, other than I'm loving it as I learn it. My new bike is a Raleigh Calispel I-8, and I'm having a blast learning to be worthy of her. I think I am going to name her Molly, much to the chagrin of most of the bikers here whose masculine pride is affronted by such a thought. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Do NOT worry about what words you use. I think other accents and broken English is delightful from natives of other countries, and it just makes me smile. Besides, if I tried to say something to you in Portuguese, the result would be hilarious! [/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]We look forward to hearing about your speedy recovery and your biking adventures there.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Be careful on those crutches![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Sierra[/COLOR]

Hello and welcome to the forums.

I also broke my femur a few years back and my leg also has quite a few embedded steel parts.

They told me to put no weight at all on it for 6 weeks after the surgery so of course all the muscles in that leg wasted away. It took a long time before I could walk without a limp again and a long time after that before I took up bike riding again. In all, I was off work for 4 months and I lost interest in riding.

I eventually started up again but even now (quite a few years later) my broken leg isn't the same as it used to be. But it's pretty good all the same and I can walk normally again - which is quite a miracle when you think about what happened and how they repaired it.

Just persevere and (eventually) you'll be mobile again.

Originally Posted by SierraSlim .

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Hi, Joao, and welcome to the forums![/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Your injury does not sound like any fun at ALL, and I'm so sorry it happened to you. I hope your recovery will be quick and complete. With a break in that location, you're actually very lucky the bone shards didn't hit an artery, but I'm sure you don't feel lucky, lol.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]I'm new to biking so have no experience to share, other than I'm loving it as I learn it. My new bike is a Raleigh Calispel I-8, and I'm having a blast learning to be worthy of her. I think I am going to name her Molly, much to the chagrin of most of the bikers here whose masculine pride is affronted by such a thought. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Do NOT worry about what words you use. I think other accents and broken English is delightful from natives of other countries, and it just makes me smile. Besides, if I tried to say something to you in Portuguese, the result would be hilarious! [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]We look forward to hearing about your speedy recovery and your biking adventures there.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Be careful on those crutches![/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Sierra[/COLOR]
TY Sierraslim

It´s always good to hear some words ans specialy when i didn´t really know anyone here but i'm spechless with all your answers for me.
I feel here very welcome and it helps a lot to be rest in a house wich that really happens.
So i´ll keep you informed about my recovery and help others to get knowledge about this injury.

So specially for you sierraslim i left here a portuguese word that you´ll never forget "obrigado"that means thank you!

best regards

João Pedro

Originally Posted by Yojimbo_ .

Hello and welcome to the forums.

I also broke my femur a few years back and my leg also has quite a few embedded steel parts.

They told me to put no weight at all on it for 6 weeks after the surgery so of course all the muscles in that leg wasted away. It took a long time before I could walk without a limp again and a long time after that before I took up bike riding again. In all, I was off work for 4 months and I lost interest in riding.

I eventually started up again but even now (quite a few years later) my broken leg isn't the same as it used to be. But it's pretty good all the same and I can walk normally again - which is quite a miracle when you think about what happened and how they repaired it.

Just persevere and (eventually) you'll be mobile again.
hello yojimbo

thanks for sharing with me your experience, of course this is one of the worse injury that our body can suport for his future, but that´s life!

best regards

João Pedro