help - a good 'wanted' listing??

jim

Guest
Does a Melbourne wanted listing for bicycles / components exist?

"jim" wrote in message ...
> Does a Melbourne wanted listing for bicycles / components exist?

No idea... try posting here...? I'll start ;) I'm almost a JayWoo when it
comes to keeping things spotless.. msg/call/whatever for more details,
pics, kms, conditions etc..

Have - don't need:

- 2003 Giant OCR-1 frame and fork (carbon fork) 'L' 55.5cm
- 105 9spd derailers front and back (braze on)
- 90mm stem for 26mm bars (5deg?)
- Shimano MTB crankset - not bad condition 170mm - square hole thingy
ummmmmm
- 9spd 105 STI shifters
- Lots of jerseys that I'm still to get rid of to downsize
- Wipperman 9spd chain and 9spd Ultegra rear cassette 12-15.. est 3000kms..
best to keep these as a pair
- Adidas knee warmers size M from probikekit - orig package/tickets/never
worn, they dont fit my hill climber legs :)
ummmmm.. possibly a few other things that I can't think of..

Want - need:

- 56cm track frame or something simple that fits me for an ss project.
- more carbon anything!
- Trainer DVDs (i could prolly rip/swap my existing ones..anyone?)
etc..etc..

cheers,
GPL

GPLama said:
"jim" wrote in message ...
> Does a Melbourne wanted listing for bicycles / components exist?

No idea... try posting here...? I'll start ;) I'm almost a JayWoo when it
comes to keeping things spotless.. msg/call/whatever for more details,
pics, kms, conditions etc..

Have - don't need:

- 2003 Giant OCR-1 frame and fork (carbon fork) 'L' 55.5cm
- 105 9spd derailers front and back (braze on)
- 90mm stem for 26mm bars (5deg?)
- Shimano MTB crankset - not bad condition 170mm - square hole thingy
ummmmmm
- 9spd 105 STI shifters
- Lots of jerseys that I'm still to get rid of to downsize
- Wipperman 9spd chain and 9spd Ultegra rear cassette 12-15.. est 3000kms..
best to keep these as a pair
- Adidas knee warmers size M from probikekit - orig package/tickets/never
worn, they dont fit my hill climber legs :)
ummmmm.. possibly a few other things that I can't think of..

Want - need:

- 56cm track frame or something simple that fits me for an ss project.
- more carbon anything!
- Trainer DVDs (i could prolly rip/swap my existing ones..anyone?)
etc..etc..

cheers,
GPL

ss frame, eh? do either of these that i'm wanting to offload work for you?? http://www.cyclingforums.com/t303497-eddiecs-fixiess-frame-clearout.html

what's your mtb crankset spec/level?

GPLama said:
No idea... try posting here...? I'll start ;) I'm almost a JayWoo when it
comes to keeping things spotless.. msg/call/whatever for more details,
pics, kms, conditions etc..

Sounds like a swell idea. Now we better clean up the shed. :eek:

GPLama wrote:

> - Wipperman 9spd chain and 9spd Ultegra rear cassette 12-15.. est 3000kms..

That's one seriously close ratio cassette :)

GPLama wrote:
> "jim" wrote in message ...
> > Does a Melbourne wanted listing for bicycles / components exist?

> No idea... try posting here...? I'll start ;) I'm almost a JayWoo when it
> comes to keeping things spotless.. msg/call/whatever for more details,
> pics, kms, conditions etc..
>
> Have - don't need:
>
> - 2003 Giant OCR-1 frame and fork (carbon fork) 'L' 55.5cm
> - 105 9spd derailers front and back (braze on)
> - 90mm stem for 26mm bars (5deg?)
> - Shimano MTB crankset - not bad condition 170mm - square hole thingy
> ummmmmm
> - 9spd 105 STI shifters

I have a set of these I'll be disposing of soon too ... they're a
.....little ... worn. Only 3 years old though!

"Bleve" wrote in message ...

> GPLama wrote:
>
>> - Wipperman 9spd chain and 9spd Ultegra rear cassette 12-15.. est
>> 3000kms..

> That's one seriously close ratio cassette :)

Opps... make that 12-25 ;)

cheers,
GPL

HTML:
jim said:
Does a Melbourne wanted listing for bicycles / components exist?
HTML:

I have, but dont need:

1. Poor attidude to hill training
2. Shithouse "Mongoose" touring bike size XXL (big friggin mistake - had a total nut-buster on top tube - look at this thing with complete distain now)
3. poofy magenta bianchi jersey - XXL - cant wear as it clashes horribly with the ruddy complexion that I develop whenever I ride (must get fitter)
4. complete Vanilla Ice back-catalogue - but you've probably all guessed this by now
5. numerous pairs of busted-ass knicks - cant chuck out old friends. They're a rainy day option but damnit, it never rains up here
6. an extra daughter - I have twin 7 yo's and a 4 yo (yes I'm a certified girl breeder). I would prefer not to split the twins, but if the right offer comes in, well ... .... I think the 4 yo should sell well. I must get rid of one. Its like, you know, whatever, living totally with 3 mini hillary duffs. Love my Sunday morning long ride .... .....

I want, but dont have:

1. a mickey rourke-like ability to stare down fear and pain and break my rivals legs (metaphorically though, not with knees and elbows like mickey)
2. ZIPP 404's but its only a matter of time. Credit department cant deny me forever. She won't want to raise 3 Hillary Duffs on her own.
3. more patience
4. kick-ass hardtail MTB - Hey santa clause you !$%^, where's my !@@&^% BIKE!!
5. a licence to kill (not indiscriminately - just ignorant car driving types - I would be happy to define capital offences if necessary)
6. more carbon bits on the pinarello (see point 2 above)

cheers,
Monsterman

well i'm looking for a steel 531c frame & fork (pref with cinelli crown) as
the basis for a SS freewheel

could be road or track but want close angles in a 23.5 to 24.5

oh and probably a pair of nuclear-conflagration-proof alloy wheels for same

"jim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does a Melbourne wanted listing for bicycles / components exist?

Hrmm, I managed to destroy the pedal thread on my MTB cranks last
night. What do you want for them ? Was planning on heading to the lbs
soon so they could be a great option for me !

monsterman said:
HTML:
[...]

Good list :)

Get your climbing attitude of to a good start by doing the 10-lap Mt Cootha challenge this sunday :)

Zipp 404s I saw on ebay locally, but I wouldn't recommend them as training wheels! (was that you asking about that?)

I have a favourite pair of indecent bib knicks as well, I keep thinking I can patch the ass, but what do you mean it doesn't rain up here??????

I have:
1. Selle Italia Trimatic seat (aka "the ass-hatchet")
2. Whole box of worn out cassettes & chains
3. Sora 8 speed STI shifters almost new
4. rhs 8 speed deore shifter
4. poxy yellow vinyl seatbag

I want:
1. Track frame/bike approx 54cm
2. White handlebar tape that doesn't go grey after the first ride
3. Lightweight duallie
4. set of lightweight carbon tubulars for racing
5. a rack to fit 2 roadies or MTBs in the back of my van (w/ front wheel on)
6. my old legs back goddamn it....

Adam

adam85 wrote:

<snip>
> I have:
> 1. Selle Italia Trimatic seat (aka "the ass-hatchet")
> 2. Whole box of worn out cassettes & chains
> 3. Sora 8 speed STI shifters almost new
> 4. rhs 8 speed deore shifter
> 4. poxy yellow vinyl seatbag
>
> I want:
> 1. Track frame/bike approx 54cm
> 2. White handlebar tape that doesn't go grey after the first ride
> 3. Lightweight duallie
> 4. set of lightweight carbon tubulars for racing
> 5. a rack to fit 2 roadies or MTBs in the back of my van (w/ front
> wheel on)
> 6. my old legs back goddamn it....
>
> Adam

I have:
1. A men's Learsport branded gel saddle which looks suspiciously similar
to another brand, which attempted cut me in half when I rode with a
backpack.
2. A setback seatpost, standard road, unsure of the brand but it was
decent, I upgraded to CF.
3. Various worn out bits of bike including lots of old cleats.
4. Some Wellgo clipless pedals and cleats.
5. Some flat pedals with toe straps. I destroyed the reflectors by
stacking my MTB, so that's pretty cool.
6. Too many bidon cages on my bike.

I want:
1. L'una

Tam

"micky" wrote in message ...
> Hrmm, I managed to destroy the pedal thread on my MTB cranks last
> night. What do you want for them ? Was planning on heading to the lbs
> soon so they could be a great option for me !

No idea what they are worth... oh, they are off an 8spd mtb if that makes
any diff? I'll take pics and post tonight if you want?

cheers,
GPL

"eddiec" wrote in message...

> what's your mtb crankset spec/level?

Not sure - they are black and cranky... I'll post model #s tonight..

cheers,
GPL

Tamyka Bell said:
<snip>

2. A setback seatpost, standard road, unsure of the brand but it was
decent, I upgraded to CF.

<snip>
Tam

Wot size is the seat post & aprox setback?, pls.

Bikesoiler wrote:

> Tamyka Bell Wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > 2. A setback seatpost, standard road, unsure of the brand but it was
> > decent, I upgraded to CF.
> >
> > <snip>
> > Tam

> Wot size is the seat post & aprox setback?, pls.
>
> --
> Bikesoiler

Aaaargh stuffed if I know. You got www? Check
http://www.learsport.com.au/ and see what the Lear 8000 has. That's the
best I can do until the next time I (1) am at home and (2) remember to
look at the seatpost or (3) am on a 'puter with www access (beyond the
great newsreader...)

Tam

Tamyka Bell said:
I want:
1. L'una

Tam

We have:
Too much stuff to mention

We want:
Custom Merlin Cielo 41cm frame

or the Aunty Jack DVD. Whatevers easiest.. :D

Adam85 Said:

Get your climbing attitude of to a good start by doing the 10-lap Mt Cootha challenge this sunday :)

I did my own 2 lap challenge of Coot-tha this morning. I think I would have an absolute maximum of 4 in me before me knees give out or I involuntarily rolled backwards down the hill

monsterman wrote:

> Adam85 Said:
>
> Get your climbing attitude of to a good start by doing the 10-lap Mt
> Cootha challenge this sunday :)
>
> I did my own 2 lap challenge of Coot-tha this morning. I think I would
> have an absolute maximum of 4 in me before me knees give out or I
> involuntarily rolled backwards down the hill
>
> --
> monsterman

I did two laps of Mt Coot-tha on the bike... once. It's easier running
it.

Tam

Bleve wrote:
> GPLama wrote:
>>- Wipperman 9spd chain and 9spd Ultegra rear cassette 12-15.. est 3000kms..

> That's one seriously close ratio cassette :)

with several redundant gears?

kim