Help- Looking For A New Saddle

bikemistress

Feb 8, 2006
I have been riding a (men's) Terry Fly (240g) for year's now. I am looking to possibly switch to a different saddle (men's or women's, although I have always ridden a men's saddle). I want a lightweight saddle with some gel and ergonomic mid-section cut-away. Any recommendations - Selle Italia, Selle San Marco, Fizik or ??? Thanks!

Seats are a very personal item, but i can give you my recent experience. Just purchased a Selle San Marco SKN. My original seat which came with the bike(not sure what it was) would cause numbness in my "twig" after about an hour.

The new seat albeit not very padded, has a relief section and is much more comfortable. (no more numbness) and seems to be a bit flatter across where i sit.

I have tried all Selle,Fizik but like the Terri Y Zero better,but as I have posted many ,many times. Each butt is different but the Y Zero is good for the long rides for me.Fizik Arione is my second favorite.

I recently had to ditch my Specialized Alias in favor of something more drastic to avoid "twig numbness." I am now using an Adamo ISM racing saddle and I think its great. Absolutely no numbness at all.

-fb

Thanks for your input guys. Being that I am a female, I do not experience the same numbness that you refer to. I just want lightweight "cush." I am not familiar with the Terry Zero. Is that an old model or fairlly new one? If the Selle San Marco Skn is not too padded, that may not be my best choice. I have heard good stuff about the Fizik saddles. Are there any females out there with opinions on this matter? If so, I would appreciate your feedback too.:cool:

I have tried WTB,Selle,Fizik some Performance bike saddles and some of the $15.00 saddles one would find in the can at the local LBS. All caused numbness in my a$$ after 15 or so miles. I admit some do look cool, I have two saddles that I really wish I had either one on my bike but functionally they suck.

The "Terry Fly" solved all my problems. I'm as comfortable as one can get on bicycle seat . Each person is diffrent and what may work for me may not for you.

I will recommend that if the "Terry Fly" was well working for you, stay with it. Oh, my Terry Fly has mid-section cut-away.

This is the one I have :
2164400.gif

:)

I have a confession to make. While I normally use the Selle Italia Trans Am that came stock on my bike, for rides longer than 30 miles, I borrow my girlfreind's Nashbar Female Specific saddle. My ischials get sore after 30 miles on the Trans Am but are well cushioned on the Nashbar, and it has a center cutout for twig protection. Since Sarah doesn't go on rides over 30 miles, we have not had a problem, except for the one time that I did not get the saddle readjusted on her bike correctly.

Selle SMP does a lady's specific version of the budget TRK but, higher up the range its one for all and all for one.

bikemistress said:
Thanks for your input guys. Being that I am a female, I do not experience the same numbness that you refer to. I just want lightweight "cush." I am not familiar with the Terry Zero. Is that an old model or fairlly new one? If the Selle San Marco Skn is not too padded, that may not be my best choice. I have heard good stuff about the Fizik saddles. Are there any females out there with opinions on this matter? If so, I would appreciate your feedback too.:cool:

The Zero is a newer saddle and a mans saddle but my wife uses the Fly and likes it very much.
It sometimes takes time to find the right fit.