HERAS WINS VUELTA!!!!! NOZAL CRACKS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was an incredible day for both Heras and Nozal, but there is 1 more stage folks. And even though
it's supposed to be just a parade stage, don't tell me that ONCE won't try something to get the 28
seconds back on Heras. Postal's going to have to really dictate the pace of the race tommorrow to
make sure that ONCE can't get anyone away when they get to Madrid. It's too bad George took off to
get ready for worlds; they could really use him tommorrow.

Alan

swampy wrote:
> incredible TT!!!!!!!!!!!

> It was an incredible day for both Heras and Nozal, but there is 1 more stage folks. And even
> though it's supposed to be just a parade stage, don't tell me that ONCE won't try something to get
> the 28 seconds back on Heras. Postal's going to have to really dictate the pace of the race
> tommorrow to make sure that ONCE can't get anyone away when they get to Madrid. It's too bad
> George took off to get ready for worlds; they could really use him tommorrow.

Floyd Landis has become increasingly-important (in a quiet sort of way) as a domestique these
days, and will probably be working as hard as George would have to protect Heras (much in the same
way it seems Eki is always around Lance on flatter stages). But sure, it would have been great to
have had both.

You really think, without Saiz at the helm, that ONCE would do something wild in that last stage? It
would *not* be easy trying to get Nozal away from the main field. There are a whole lot of Spanish
riders in the top 6 (six of them, in fact!) and, when they come from different teams, they tend to
chase each other down rather nastily. Heck, they even do it when they're from the same team
sometimes! So there may be attacks, but I don't expect any to succeed. There's just no love lost
between the various teams such that any sort of cooperation against Heras winning would be likely.
They'll continue to battle each other, not a central foe.

No matter, you've got to feel something for Nozal. What a race for the young guy. Just a bit too
long; he was looking great up until a few days ago. Very impressive, and seems like a regular guy.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

"Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Floyd Landis has become increasingly-important (in a quiet sort of way) as
a
> domestique these days, and will probably be working as hard as George
would
> have to protect Heras (much in the same way it seems Eki is always around Lance on flatter
> stages). But sure, it would have been great to have had both.

Well yeah, that is the point. As others have already said, not sending Lance is not the big a deal.
It would have been nice, but not expected. Sending a super-domestitique that bails in favor of prep
for the World's when your team is in a tight race for a GT win? It makes me wonder who really is in
charge of that team. Lance seems to be making just about every decision throughout the year and his
*ahem*, character is showing.

swampy wrote:

incredible spoiler thanks. But then I knew it cause I was up ewarly following it in cyclingnews.com
and LaVuelta.com

swampy wrote:

oops I forgot, RBR standards and practices dictate the proper way is to place the entire podium in a
spoiler header. TY.

"Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> Well yeah, that is the point. As others have already said, not sending
Lance
> is not the big a deal. It would have been nice, but not expected. Sending a super-domestitique
> that bails in favor of prep for the World's when your team is in a tight race for a GT win? It
> makes me wonder who really is in charge of that team. Lance seems to be making just about every
> decision throughout the year and his *ahem*, character is showing.

Dumbass -

What personal incentive would LANCE have for ordering George to go prepare for Worlds? LANCE not
participating at Worlds.

A better guess is that GEORGE made that move on his own initiative.

"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Well yeah, that is the point. As others have already said, not sending
> Lance
> > is not the big a deal. It would have been nice, but not expected.
Sending a
> > super-domestitique that bails in favor of prep for the World's when your team is in a tight race
> > for a GT win? It makes me wonder who really is
in
> > charge of that team. Lance seems to be making just about every decision throughout the year and
> > his *ahem*, character is showing.
>
>
>
> Dumbass -
>
> What personal incentive would LANCE have for ordering George to go prepare for Worlds? LANCE not
> participating at Worlds.
>
> A better guess is that GEORGE made that move on his own initiative.

My theory is that Lance is the person that has final say, and was the one who was asked, not that
Lance initiated the idea. It was not in the sponsor's best interest (although there is an argument
against that.

Thanks for asking so nicely for clarification. It is the only way you will learn.

"Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > Well yeah, that is the point. As others have already said, not sending
> > Lance
> > > is not the big a deal. It would have been nice, but not expected.
> Sending a
> > > super-domestitique that bails in favor of prep for the World's when
your
> > > team is in a tight race for a GT win? It makes me wonder who really is
> in
> > > charge of that team. Lance seems to be making just about every decision throughout the year
> > > and his *ahem*, character is showing.
> >
> >
> >
> > Dumbass -
> >
> > What personal incentive would LANCE have for ordering George to go
prepare
> > for Worlds? LANCE not participating at Worlds.
> >
> > A better guess is that GEORGE made that move on his own initiative.
>
>
> My theory is that Lance is the person that has final say, and was the one who was asked, not that
> Lance initiated the idea. It was not in the sponsor's best interest (although there is an argument
> against that.

Dumbass -

Since LANCE is not in either one of the races and is done for the year, it is most likely that
Bruyneel has the final say.

Or:

LANCE is watching the Vuelta on OLN and relaying instructions to Bruyneel via satellite phone
right? Goddamm.

Alan Atwood <[email protected]> writes:

> It was an incredible day for both Heras and Nozal, but there is 1 more stage. And even though it's
> supposed to be just a parade stage, don't tell me that ONCE won't try something to get the 28
> seconds back on Heras.

Davey puts his ear to hot tarmac in Madrid.

No Siree. I sure can't hear the Fat Lady singing yet.

And even though Manolo Venga was awarded the Grand Order of the Boot, I'll bet you a box of Power
Bars to a dozen of those sh!tty things Tim Horton calls doughnuts that the ONCE lads already know
the Order of Battle for tomorrow's stage.

Any takerz?

BTW - No prizes for this one, but guess what Tim Horton uses to put the holes in his doughnuts.
--
le vent a Dos

Davey Crockett

"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message

What is the largest organization you have ever worked or participated in?

It was a dumb decision. Bruyneel is smarter than that. Lance thinks he is, but is not.

In article <[email protected]>, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> You really think, without Saiz at the helm, that ONCE would do something wild in that last stage?
> It would *not* be easy trying to get Nozal away from the main field...

you know in Floyd's diary he mentioned that ONCE tried to get a few seconds by letting a gap appear
within their train...Landis wasn't impressed

Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in

> > My theory is that Lance is the person that has final say, and was the one who was asked, not
> > that Lance initiated the idea. It was not in the sponsor's best interest (although there is an
> > argument against that.

> Dumbass - Since LANCE is not in either one of the races and is done for the year, it is most
> likely that Bruyneel has the final say.

> Or: LANCE is watching the Vuelta on OLN and relaying instructions to Bruyneel via satellite phone
> right? Goddamm.

Luftmensch,

It is obvious who the dark genius is behind this devilish plan: Thommy Weisel. He controls the
horizontal, he controls the vertical. Bruyneel and LANCE are merely his instruments. He gets on the
satphone and imitates Ferrari's accent, yelling into Heras's earpiece about Nozal's VAM. On the
climb in Hamilton, as the final selection is being made, he will pop out of the crowd wearing a
Bartoli mask, scaring Bettini so that he swerves into the barriers as Georgie attacks. He and Heinie
V. have arranged this to manufacture the next US superstar, to grow the sport in the big US market.
The fix is in.

-Brian Lafferty's Coach

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 19:47:23 -0400, swampy <[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> You really think, without Saiz at the helm, that ONCE would do something wild in that last stage?
>> It would *not* be easy trying to get Nozal away from the main field...
>
>you know in Floyd's diary he mentioned that ONCE tried to get a few seconds by letting a gap appear
>within their train...Landis wasn't impressed

USPS did that in a Tour a while back, putting 19 seconds or so into a few GC rivals. Good for
the goose....

Status
Not open for further replies.