Heritage Tour: day 2 Walterboro,SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jason Waddell

Well, you win some and you lose some... This course the past few years would have been great for me,
but this season I am about 4 lbs lighter than normal and the board flat super speedway type courses
just aren't as fun now. They let alot of guys stay in the race that normally would be just dying to
stay in the race. Just when you think you have a really good position 25 guys go screaming by and
you are again 40 riders back. I actually want crits with a hill in them now.

How it unfolded, the break of 7 guys went and I missed it. I realized that it was the break and
tried to go across with Joe Papp (UPMC) and the two of us couldn't decide who would pull and we
screwed both our chances. Oh well, thats bike racing. Soon after that Nick (Mathis teammate and
Tunnel Rat) got into a little 3 man move that made it within 10 secs of the break. But didn't
quite close it.

2 of the 7 guys lapped, Grishcne(Navigators) and Wolberg (Saturn) and with 15 laps to go Saturn and
Navigators went to the front. We were basically single file for the last 10 laps or so. I was
sitting kinda back waiting for a good opportunity to move up. It never came and Nick never made it
up to me to help so I gave it a go with 3 to go. I was in about 20th with 1 lap to go when Gaggioli
"the gentleman" decided to sit up while we were 34+mph on the back stretch. What a guy, so I just
burried my head on my stem and held off all the guys on my wheel. I think I passed maybe 2 or 3 guys
after that and thats that. 14th place.

Tommorrow is another day, Jason Waddell Mathis Brothers Elite Team

Status
Not open for further replies.