Hiracers taking over? $1500 RANS looks tasty!

No. Self-centered idiot.

Justin Collins

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > E.D. wrote:
> >
> > > ...I swear to God he must have a malfunction down there in his

groin....

> > The expert has spoken!

> Always good to hear from the peanut gallery. And so Mr. Tom chimes in yet
> once again like the dumbbell he has become of late. But everyone please

note
> how the liberal contingent has been diminished and only the true, blue
> idiots are left for me to deal with. I think Mr. Tom must have had a

stroke
> as he was formerly not so stupid as he has now become.
>
> Frankly, I am of the opinion that many of you are desirous of getting an
> insult or two from me. It has by now most likely become a red badge of
> courage for you. I am thinking of charging some thing for this service

that

"Justin Collins" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Edward Dolan wrote:
> > Frankly, I am of the opinion that many of you are desirous of getting an
> > insult or two from me. It has by now most likely become a red badge of
> > courage for you. I am thinking of charging some thing for this service

> that
> > I am rendering here on ARBR. Does $5.00 sound about right?

> No. Self-centered idiot.
>
> Justin Collins

Your right Justin. I am selling my services far too cheaply. I am going to
charge $25.00 per insult per occasion. But since you are Canadian I will
have to charge you $50.00 per insult per occasion as we all know the
Canadian dollar is not worth what the American dollar is worth. That is
because of all that disgusting liberalism that prevails there which keeps
most Canadians poorer than they would otherwise have to be.

I have never known anyone in my life who was not extremely self-centered.
Justin is certainly no exception.

Jeez! You sure can't ask rhetorical questions on this newsgroup as some
idiot is sure to answer them.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

PS. Justin, you now owe me $50.00!

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mr. Ed wrote:
>
> > ...But I have learned from long experience of dealing with liberals that

you can
> > never give them an inch because if you do they will take a mile....

> This is incorrect. Liberals are up to date and use the logical SI units,
> while conservatives stubbornly insist on using obsolete units such as
> inches and miles. ;)

All of my life there has been discussion about changing our units of measure
in the US (and Britain too) from inches and miles to the decimal system
(millimeters and meters). It has never happened, not here and not in Britain
either. I attribute that to the good native sense of Americans and of the
Brits. If truth be told, we are both conservative type peoples despite all
the liberal nuts and screwballs we have to put up with. We are conservative
because we know we are well off compared to everyone else in the world and
do not see any reason to play around with success. If it ain't broke, don't
fix it.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Mr. Ed [Dolan] wrote:

> All of my life there has been discussion about changing our units of measure
> in the US (and Britain too) from inches and miles to the decimal system
> (millimeters and meters). It has never happened, not here and not in Britain
> either. I attribute that to the good native sense of Americans and of the
> Brits. If truth be told, we are both conservative type peoples despite all
> the liberal nuts and screwballs we have to put up with. We are conservative
> because we know we are well off compared to everyone else in the world and
> do not see any reason to play around with success. If it ain't broke, don't
> fix it.

Most items now made in the US use "metric" hardware instead of
"standard" hardware. About the only "standard" items to be found on
bicycles made in the last two decades (including the US) are those
unique to bicycles such as pedals, bottom brackets, headsets, cones,
etc. Unless one works on older US made items, "standard" wrenches and
sockets are not needed, since "metric" fittings are standard.

And now our spokes-horse for Whitworth fittings, Mr. Ed.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad Cities (Illinois Side)

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mr. Ed [Dolan] wrote:

> > All of my life there has been discussion about changing our units of

measure
> > in the US (and Britain too) from inches and miles to the decimal system
> > (millimeters and meters). It has never happened, not here and not in

Britain
> > either. I attribute that to the good native sense of Americans and of

the
> > Brits. If truth be told, we are both conservative type peoples despite

all
> > the liberal nuts and screwballs we have to put up with. We are

conservative
> > because we know we are well off compared to everyone else in the world

and
> > do not see any reason to play around with success. If it ain't broke,

don't
> > fix it.

> Most items now made in the US use "metric" hardware instead of
> "standard" hardware. About the only "standard" items to be found on
> bicycles made in the last two decades (including the US) are those
> unique to bicycles such as pedals, bottom brackets, headsets, cones,
> etc. Unless one works on older US made items, "standard" wrenches and
> sockets are not needed, since "metric" fittings are standard.

Alternative measurements are being used for many products largely for
international labeling purposes. And yes, we all know about metric
measurement for bicycles since most of them come from abroad.. But Americans
and Brits still think like they have always thought. Is not a football field
still a hundred yards? Let me know when it changes to a decimal system.

> And now our spokes-horse for Whitworth fittings, Mr. Ed.

No one ever knows what the hell you are talking about. Just because you are
an engineer does not mean you have to be unintelligible and constantly
acting like a horse's rear end. But I have known other engineers too and
they tend to be like you in that they do not know how to talk like a normal
human being and they all have a weird sense of humor. It must come with the
territory. The solution is just to grow up and become an adult. However, I
think you are stuck in juvenility - doomed forever to be nothing but a
braying jackass and a ****ing moron to boot. You are one really weird dude
Mr. Tom!

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

On Mon, 3 May 2004 19:40:55 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>It is an honor to be called a bigot by a flummoxed liberal.

I'll see if I can find you one, then.

>That is always
>the last refuge of a scoundrel

Actually the quote is "patriotism" - another one of your recurring
themes, where you assert without evidence that the right alone are
patriotic. I think we can draw our own conclusions as to the identity
of the scoundrel in this case.

>However, I have got you beat, as I am calling you an ignorant Muslim

Er, right. So by simply lying you win? I am very glad I don't live
in EdWorld[tm] where it is evidently perfectly acceptable to insult
the French, English, Scots, Iraquis, all Muslims and anybody else
whose name you find in the pocket of your hooded white robes, but not
to insult Mr Ed, Luckily you are the only major bigot on this NG, so
the rest of its content is worth reading.

>> I offer as exhibit 1 the list of people with whom I have running
>> disagreements on this ng:

>There is no disagreement here, just total idiocy. All rational argument
>stopped long ago. I hate you and you hate me. What else is there left to
>say.

Yes, you are right, every thrtead in which you are involved is
characterised by 50% total idiocy (your posts), and occasionally some
idiocy in posts by others goaded by your idiocy. Me? I hate nobody.
You do quite enough hating for two. I bet you have a "who would Jesus
hate?" bracelet, like GWB has one with "who would Jesus execute".

>> If you ever take your head out of your **** long enough to learn
>> anything at all, do be sure to let the world know so the miracle can
>> be celebrated.

>Poor Guy just can't get his pea sized brain out of thinking anally about
>things. I swear to God he must have a malfunction down there in his groin.
>However, for his information, I already know what to think of everything
>under the sun. Details, like facts, can only incrementally change my
>opinions if at all.

No, I think its fair to say that you remain dogged in the face of
facts. I have never seen you change your mind, however obvious it is
that you are wrong.

>I am like a great ship of state

You mis-spelled "****".

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Tue, 4 May 2004 00:17:31 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>Your right Justin. I am selling my services far too cheaply. I am going to
>charge $25.00 per insult per occasion.

Hurrah! Please extend this service: post nothing whatsoever without a
$25 fee in advance by money order or certified check. Only thus can
we appreciate the true value of what you write.

Please.

Pretty please.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Tue, 04 May 2004 06:05:24 -0500, Tom Sherman
<[email protected]>:

>Most items now made in the US use "metric" hardware instead of
>"standard" hardware.

If you really want to **** him off, you could remind him that those
there are Imperial measurements, long since lost in progressive Europe
to the egalitarian - republican, even - metric system ;-)

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

> On Mon, 3 May 2004 19:40:55 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
> wrote in message <[email protected]>:
>
> >It is an honor to be called a bigot by a flummoxed liberal.

> I'll see if I can find you one, then.

Just look in the mirror, if you can do it without breaking the mirror.

> >That is always
> >the last refuge of a scoundrel

> Actually the quote is "patriotism" - another one of your recurring
> themes, where you assert without evidence that the right alone are
> patriotic. I think we can draw our own conclusions as to the identity
> of the scoundrel in this case.

I always improve on all the old saying because I know how to do it. But
don't you try it as you are way too much an idiot to mess around with old
sayings.

> >However, I have got you beat, as I am calling you an ignorant Muslim

> Er, right. So by simply lying you win? I am very glad I don't live
> in EdWorld[tm] where it is evidently perfectly acceptable to insult
> the French, English, Scots, Iraquis, all Muslims and anybody else
> whose name you find in the pocket of your hooded white robes, but not
> to insult Mr Ed, Luckily you are the only major bigot on this NG, so
> the rest of its content is worth reading.

The Muslims now have a very bad reputation in the world if you would care to
get your rear end up off the floor and away from your bicycles. They have
been murdering innocents all over the world in case you haven't noticed.
They tell the young suicide bombers that they will go to paradise where they
will be able to **** young girl virgins and young boy virgins there for all
eternity. What do you think of that scenario, you ****ing towel head?

I stay off of the threads where there is recumbent information being passed,
no matter how trivial. I try never to "ruin" more than a couple of threads
at a time.

> >> I offer as exhibit 1 the list of people with whom I have running
> >> disagreements on this ng:

> >There is no disagreement here, just total idiocy. All rational argument
> >stopped long ago. I hate you and you hate me. What else is there left to
> >say.

> Yes, you are right, every thrtead in which you are involved is
> characterised by 50% total idiocy (your posts), and occasionally some
> idiocy in posts by others goaded by your idiocy. Me? I hate nobody.
> You do quite enough hating for two. I bet you have a "who would Jesus
> hate?" bracelet, like GWB has one with "who would Jesus execute".

No, I am an atheist have been one since I approached the age of reason
(about 15 years old). What is your excuse? I come by my hatreds honestly,
which is more than you can say for most of the rest of mankind.

> >> If you ever take your head out of your **** long enough to learn
> >> anything at all, do be sure to let the world know so the miracle can
> >> be celebrated.

> >Poor Guy just can't get his pea sized brain out of thinking anally about
> >things. I swear to God he must have a malfunction down there in his

groin.
> >However, for his information, I already know what to think of everything
> >under the sun. Details, like facts, can only incrementally change my
> >opinions if at all.

> No, I think its fair to say that you remain dogged in the face of
> facts. I have never seen you change your mind, however obvious it is
> that you are wrong.

You do not have the proper contempt for facts. That is where most of the
rest of the world goes badly astray. Facts have to be put in perspective and
only people with very large brains (like me) can do that. People with very
small brains (like you) only trip over facts and get all confused and
befuddled. You will always be at sea your entire life because you cannot get
perspective on anything, especially "facts". You worship facts like you
worship your Allah. That is because you are an ignorant man.

> >I am like a great ship of state

> You mis-spelled "****".

Leave the wit to those who are capable of it. You clearly are not.

I do not think we are quite ready yet to take our act on the road, but we
are getting there. We could call ourselves the Ed & Guy Show.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

> On Tue, 04 May 2004 06:05:24 -0500, Tom Sherman
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> <[email protected]>:
>
> >Most items now made in the US use "metric" hardware instead of
> >"standard" hardware.

> If you really want to **** him off, you could remind him that those
> there are Imperial measurements, long since lost in progressive Europe
> to the egalitarian - republican, even - metric system ;-)

I like Great Britain by and large and I like the Brits. It is only you that
I do not like.

I will note with interest whether or not Britain will give up its monetary
system based on the pound when it enters the European Union.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

> On Tue, 4 May 2004 00:17:31 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
> wrote in message <[email protected]>:
>
> >Your right Justin. I am selling my services far too cheaply. I am going

> >charge $25.00 per insult per occasion.

> Hurrah! Please extend this service: post nothing whatsoever without a
> $25 fee in advance by money order or certified check. Only thus can
> we appreciate the true value of what you write.

For Guy, like Justin, the charge will be $50.00 per insult per occasion.
That is because the English currency is about on a level with the Canadian
currency, but more importantly because I will have to do a bit of research
to properly insult him. I have already called him most names in the book to
no effect. Perhaps I will have to get my names for him out of the Koran so
he can appreciate his true worth in terms that even he can understand. But I
swear if I go to the Koran, then I will have to charge him $100.00 per
insult as I do not like to muck about in a total nonsense book like the
Koran. After all, I do have some standards of my own that I like to observe
despite all the provocation.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> That is because the English currency is about on a level with the Canadian
> currency,

I wish! I will buy, at the rate of $1 CDN = 1 Pound Sterling, all the
pounds you care to sell me. Same for US$; $1 US = 1 PS.

Might as well say same deal on Euros, while I am at it. $1 (your
choice) = 1 Euro.

"john riley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...

> > That is because the English currency is about on a level with the

Canadian
> > currency,

> I wish! I will buy, at the rate of $1 CDN = 1 Pound Sterling, all the
> pounds you care to sell me. Same for US$; $1 US = 1 PS.
>
> Might as well say same deal on Euros, while I am at it. $1 (your
> choice) = 1 Euro.

I do not look up anything, so I took a flyer that the English were just as
screwed up as the Canadians. All I know about monetary matters is that the
dollar goes up and then it goes down and then it goes up again - and it
seems there is never any rhyme nor reason to it.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota