Holidays In Review

baillirw

Sep 26, 2004
Okay, so we're over one bump in our winter holiday diets. How have you done so far? Take an extra slice of pie? Too much stuffing? ;)

baillirw said:
Okay, so we're over one bump in our winter holiday diets. How have you done so far? Take an extra slice of pie? Too much stuffing? ;)
I loose it completly during the holidays, mainly because I'm out of routine. Lots of bad stuff and not much riding. I have another four weeks of holidays to go so I will have to work on getting it together before I go back to work.

During a working week I have porridge for breakfast and a prepacked lunch with all the healthy goodies and tea is fairly healthy as well plus I ride to work.

I usually sign up to work during the holidays just so that I'm not sitting around the house pigging out. I know I ate more the Friday and Monday after Xmas than I have today.

Staying away from my moms a little too because she loves to make cookies, pies, and fattening holiday mexican xmas food.

Still stuck in the in-laws house until new years. This is baaaaaddd. She cooks excellent Jamaican cuisine and most of the time I am bored. Not a good combination.

I accept that I will gain some weight over the holidays. if I lived in a warmer climate [and had more time], I'd be doing more riding... today was the first day in a month. I eat most of the holiday goodies [without much limit], but generally try not to splurge on the diet more than 7-8 days in December/January... and then stick to a pretty rigid diet during the regular workweek.

I've only gained 2-3 pounds by doing this... probably lost a touch of muscle at the same time, but that happens.

Cheers,
Bullseye

Bullseye_blam said:
I accept that I will gain some weight over the holidays. if I lived in a warmer climate [and had more time], I'd be doing more riding... today was the first day in a month. I eat most of the holiday goodies [without much limit], but generally try not to splurge on the diet more than 7-8 days in December/January... and then stick to a pretty rigid diet during the regular workweek.

I've only gained 2-3 pounds by doing this... probably lost a touch of muscle at the same time, but that happens.

Cheers,
Bullseye
Yeah, this is what I try to do during the holidays but lately I haven't riden at all because of a major hand injury. So this year, I really had to watch the goodies as it'll be another two-four weeks before I can work it off.