Holy week biking

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
It is Holy Week here where our country observes a 4-day weekend starting tomorrow, Holy Thursday. There will be a bike caravan for women that will pass our village's gate. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to bike yet but I will join that caravan by taking pictures and videos. From what I heard, there will be more than 100 women bikers who will be wearing a religious uniform.

It's great that biking was encouraged there during the Holy Week; I heard that in some religious countries, people frown upon the idea of doing any type of physical work or activity during the Holy Week other than the religious processions.

I went to Grotto Church in Bulacan last black friday and it was really fun. I'm from manila and it's almost 80 km of travel. There're a lot of bicycle and motorcycle group in the highway waving their group flags. It was safe to travel during that time and there was a lot of free water along the roads, and the most surprising is even the police was giving the free water.

It is Holy Week here where our country observes a 4-day weekend starting tomorrow, Holy Thursday. There will be a bike caravan for women that will pass our village's gate. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to bike yet but I will join that caravan by taking pictures and videos. From what I heard, there will be more than 100 women bikers who will be wearing a religious uniform.
Hey there, that must be super funny. Can you post some pictures of it? We don't have those kind of caravans here, and for sure that's a great way to commemorate holy week. Riding on a caravan is really defying, my cousin has done it before and always get exhausted.

Reactions: Corzhens
Hey there, that must be super funny. Can you post some pictures of it? We don't have those kind of caravans here, and for sure that's a great way to commemorate holy week. Riding on a caravan is really defying, my cousin has done it before and always get exhausted.

I'm really sorry that I had forgotten to bring along my phone when I went out of our village. I had seen the caravan but only the tail end. It's a tradition here where people walk up the hilly road to the town of Antipolo which is now a city. Half of the highway is closed to vehicles for the benefit of the hikers and the bikers as well. By the way, the event starts in the late afternoon and lasts until the early hours of the next day.

I'm really sorry that I had forgotten to bring along my phone when I went out of our village. I had seen the caravan but only the tail end. It's a tradition here where people walk up the hilly road to the town of Antipolo which is now a city. Half of the highway is closed to vehicles for the benefit of the hikers and the bikers as well. By the way, the event starts in the late afternoon and lasts until the early hours of the next day.
Oh, so sorry you couldn't take some pics or videos of it, I guess you had a great time over there. My dad took me to something similar when I was a kid, and that was really amazing. Unfortunately as I said, we don't have those events over here, so I will check online if by any chance someone posted anything related to the caravan.Thanks for letting us know about it.

Reactions: Corzhens
It is great to hear this type of news in in the sense that been parts of days makes one to know more people and as a rider you get to share in the experience that they've had over the number of years that theyvet be riding their. I hope it was a true success back then.

Our country has a lot of activities when the Holy Week arrives. I haven't heard about that bike caravan in your place but I could feel that it is really fun. I hope I could join one someday. I have seen other bike caravans but not in Holy week. It is a great way to show how they patronize their religion by wearing religious clothes and also it is a great way to promote cycling to other women who have doubts on starting to ride on a bike.