Hose clamps on Gold Rush failed!

Tom Sherman wrote

> What materials were the chain, rear cogs, hub, headset, and BB bearings, hub axles, BB spindle,
> brake and shifter cables, and fasteners (bolt, screws, etc.) made out of?

Cheese, I think ;-) You're right about the chain, bearings and cables, but all bolts were Al or
Ti and the sprockets, axles and BB spindle were also Al, I think. The lowest spec bits on it
were XTR...

P.S. 2"53' into "Do It Again" by Queens Of The Stone Age, a voice can clearly be heard saying "This
is Tom Sherman".

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Here's the difference between someone like you and someone like me, when you want to buy parts for
> your bent you go to some scruffy hardware store and have to mix with dirty working types like
> electricians and plumbers ...[...]

And God Bless 'em. I'd be in big trouble without them. Plumbing is the highest achievement of man.

Some of us actually chose wheel sizes so that we have the option of getting emergency tire
replacements at hardware stores or big box discount stores, so I guess we are guilty as charged.

johnriley1 (at) Rogers.com

Chuck M <[email protected]> wrote:
> Stainless or not, the standard worm-screw hose clamp is barely suficient for it's intended purpose
> - low pressure hoses. Even then, there are several better choices. Permantely incorporating them
> into a structural design is not only ignorant, but a serious liability risk. Makes one question
> the entire design of the produce it was/is used on.

Not all Gold Rush models use hose clamps. Models with the Cobra seat do not use any hose clamps.
While the Cobra seat may lack some of the adjustability of the Kookback seat, it is lighter and
arguably more aerodynamic.

--
Bill Bushnell