How Do You Run the Cable to the Rear Derailler?

Tommy Taylor

Guest
I cabled my Santa Cruz Superlight. I've been having some ghost shifts and it may be related to
cabling. The cable to the rear derailler goes thru a vertical piece of metal, that is probably
called the swingarm. I wasn't sure how to run the cable and housing through this area. I put a
ferrule on the end of the housing...and placed it tightly up to the small hole in the swingarm. I
suspect this is the source of the ghost shifts. How should I proceed?

The chain is fairly new and still meets specs. The chain has been running with the same cassette and
rear derailer...on another bike.

I checked www.sheldonbrown.com.

. I suspect this is the source of the ghost shifts. How should I
> proceed?

I emailed the question to Santa Cruz Bicycles. They promptly responded that I should use a ferrule
with a nosepiece to go through the swingarm.

Is there an online source for ferrules with a nosepiece?

Would this be like what you're referring to?

https://secure2.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=Icycles&BusTy
pe=BtoC&Count1=453350245&Count2=370490670&Target=products%2Easp&CategoryID=1 3

news:[email protected]...

"Dave Thompson" wrote in message ...
> Would this be like what you're referring to?

Yes...ordered Thanks!