How Fat is too Fat - A Bianchi Single Speed Question

Jordan Hukee

Guest
Can anyone tell me the widest tire they have successfully run on a Bianchi
BUSS/BOSS/BASS single speed frame and fork?

I would love to put some Michelin HOT 2.5" downhill tires on the bike, but I
am almost certain that it won't work.

Any ideas?

Jordan Hukee wrote:
> Can anyone tell me the widest tire they have successfully run on a
> Bianchi BUSS/BOSS/BASS single speed frame and fork?
>
> I would love to put some Michelin HOT 2.5" downhill tires on the
> bike, but I am almost certain that it won't work.
>
> Any ideas?

Try it and see.

Thanks for the tip! Sometimes the solution is SO SIMPLE!

But how should I proceed? Should I drop the $65 and email you with the
results of my experiment so you don't die wondering? Or should I hold off on
wasting my money until I hear from someone who knows more about this than
you do?

Jordan

Jordan Hukee wrote:
> Thanks for the tip! Sometimes the solution is SO SIMPLE!
>
> But how should I proceed? Should I drop the $65 and email you with the
> results of my experiment so you don't die wondering? Or should I hold
> off on wasting my money until I hear from someone who knows more
> about this than you do?

I actually have the perfect solution, but since you top-posted AND were a
meanie I'm keeping it to myself.

Neener-neener.

Jordan Hukee wrote:
> Can anyone tell me the widest tire they have successfully run on a
> Bianchi BUSS/BOSS/BASS single speed frame and fork?
>
> I would love to put some Michelin HOT 2.5" downhill tires on the
> bike, but I am almost certain that it won't work.

It may, but it could depend on your choice of rim. Which rim are you
planning to use?

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:23:40 GMT, Jordan Hukee <[email protected]> wrote:

>Thanks for the tip! Sometimes the solution is SO SIMPLE!
>
>But how should I proceed? Should I drop the $65 and email you with the
>results of my experiment so you don't die wondering? Or should I hold off on
>wasting my money until I hear from someone who knows more about this than
>you do?

Ya got a ruler?

Ron