how good are the BBB parts?

marosi

Dec 14, 2009
i am about to buy some BBB parts for my 28 inch bike. I never heard of these parts since last month when i decided to change everything on the bike :)and now i`m at the chain\gears part. but this is of any importance.

i am curious about the quality of these parts - BBB - in general and in comparison with...let`s say...Shimano or Sram or any other "well known" fabricators

thanks a lot :D

Marosi

If you're not getting responses, it's probably because we've never heard of BBB either.

I just checked the BBB web site. They look legit, so I'm curious about where you can get their stuff, and is there a price list?

BBB used to make good stuff in the day. Don't know about them now, but I would be willing to give them a try if I found what I needed from them.

They're legit, their parts are fairly popular here in Japan as a low-cost alternative to big-name parts. Some of their stuff is pretty good, looks like it comes from the same factories as other stuff, just with their own name plastered on it instead. I have one of their aluminium seatposts - it's exactly like a Stella Azurra I had, but only about 1/3 the price! Some of their other stuff that I've looked at was a little cheap-looking, so it really depends. Their saddles are very much like Velo (who I heard also manufacture Prologo).

BikingBrian said:
Their saddles are very much like Velo (who I heard also manufacture Prologo).

That's probably why Prologo is listed, along with Velo, on the first page of Velo's web site. :D