how good was lance's french?

Ashley.S.Olsen

Mar 10, 2008
I saw a youtube video the other day where Lance was being interviewed in French. He seemed to have a good handle on the language. Does anyone know how well he spoke french and how did he learn? Do you think he still speaks at home in texas?

Ashley.S.Olsen said:
I saw a youtube video the other day where Lance was being interviewed in French. He seemed to have a good handle on the language. Does anyone know how well he spoke french and how did he learn? Do you think he still speaks at home in texas?
I dunno. Why don't you tell us Lance?

He was very good. He was self taught. Very fluent in the french dialect of le bullshitès. He actually counted every word he spoke everyday.

coneofsilence said:
He was very good. He was self taught. Very fluent in the french dialect of le bullshitès. He actually counted every word he spoke everyday.
And he got better results with the men when he spoke it fast.

Ashley.S.Olsen said:
Do you think he still speaks at home in texas?
I think he still speaks at home. Unless he's the only one at home all the time. But outdoors... definitely. Oh... do you mean speaks French... Most Texans only speak French, especially in Austin. He would have to speak French or he wouldn't be able to even buy a loaf of bread.

TheDarkLord said:
He also won 7 awards related to French language.
But he only competed in the one French speaking competition each year. The French speaking competition fans weren't too happy about that I've been told.

Crankyfeet said:
But he only competed in the one French speaking competition each year. The French speaking competition fans weren't too happy about that I've been told.
It was found later that he was discreetly referring to the dictionary and was thus actually cheating. Unfortunately due to competition rules, he can't be stripped off of those awards.

TheDarkLord said:
It was found later that he was discreetly referring to the dictionary and was thus actually cheating. Unfortunately due to competition rules, he can't be stripped off of those awards.
Prove it. That's a load of baloney dreamed up by xenophobic Frenchies who couldn't stand a great American winning a contest speaking their own language. He never once got caught cheating in the competitions. Don't spread baseless rumors.

coneofsilence said:
In 1996 he was diagnosed with stuttering which almost claimed his life.
They had to surgically remove the dangly little sack thing that hangs down from the back of his throat.

Crankyfeet said:
Prove it. That's a load of baloney dreamed up by xenophobic Frenchies who couldn't stand a great American winning a contest speaking their own language. He never once got caught cheating in the competitions. Don't spread baseless rumors.
Emma O reilly told David Walsh she had to throw away the used dictionaries.

coneofsilence said:
Emma O reilly told David Walsh she had to throw away the used dictionaries.
She was payed by Walsh...of course she is going to tell him what he wants to hear. It's like the Andreaus. They made up that **** about when he was in hospital and him saying he used to write the prose on his forearm. They were probably paid as well... or were jealous.

OMG . . . you guys have played off of each other so well here, even finishing each other's thoughts before the other . . . almost as though you, well, are all the same person??? :confused: :eek: . . . . hhhmmmmm . . .

Crankyfeet said:
She was payed by Walsh...of course she is going to tell him what he wants to hear. It's like the Andreaus. They made up that **** about when he was in hospital and him saying he used to write the prose on his forearm. They were probably paid as well... or were jealous.
Do you sleep with lance?
How could a non dictionary reading lance beat someone who was caught reading a dictionary. It doesn't make sense.

coneofsilence said:
Do you sleep with lance?
How could a non dictionary reading lance beat someone who was caught reading a dictionary. It doesn't make sense.
Lance's voice box was 30% bigger than the average man's.

Crankyfeet said:
Lance's voice box was 30% bigger than the average man's.

Lance used to use a higher speaking rate with French which improved his speaking skills by 27%. Other cyclists should have done the same. Ullrich was always too lazy to speak French at the same speed as Lance.